Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5WpnuLrNFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=hWvp9Cd6HUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a fidget spinner

youtu.be/5WpnuLrNFTM

>On and off

>he fell for the rocksmith meme
top fucking kek user I've been playing for just over a decade and I'm about to go on my first UK tour as a support act. Just quit dude

Is that a reddit expression? I guess you would know. Ive been here since 06

>>all I can play is Ken's theme and Theme of Laura from Silent Hill 2
You had problems before learning guitar. The guitar just showcased them.

it seems you fell for being retarded meme as well.

Is this gr8 b8 or the work of functional autism

>Doesn't actually play the guitar, jacks off to videogames for 10 years
>calls it "learning on and off"
You've never actually practiced. I bet you don't know what a scale is.
Just give up guitar. Give yours away to somebody who'll actually use it. Then kill yourself.

I know OP is just a shitposter but I'll just use his thread to ask a serious question
I've been playing guitar for about two years, I can melodies with one or two voices just fine (you know, the stuff without chords and single notes), but I struggle with playing chords. Most of the popular songs I've learned so far are from the hardcore genre, which is supposed to be rather simple, but I can't keep up with it. Same with slower chord-based stuff.
I'm not completely terrible with it and can play it mostly without mistakes now, but it kind of fucks me up that after two years, I still haven't managed to play a song like that without mistakes.
What am I doing wrong, Sup Forums?
I should probably add, most of my experience is with a classical guitar, I've only been playing electric guitar for about two months.

get lessons you fool

I've been thinking about this, but I'm afraid that I'll find some guitar teacher who'll just teach me three chords that I've already learned ages ago. But I find it hard to believe that one already needs lessons just for playing chords.

>most of my experience is with a classical guitar
then you shouldn't have problems. Prolly you are pressing the fretboard of the electric guitar too hard. Press the strings little by little at the same time you are plucking them. You'll realize that you don't need to press them too hard for them to sound. You should focus on how to precisely administrate your strength instead of pressing harder.
tl;dr: you are pressing too hard.

don't be afraid, get a professional teacher to give you lessons and tell them the troubles you're having, then they'll base the lessons around that.

Thanks for the advice. I know that I'll need some time to get used to it, especially because the strings are much closer to each other. Thanks for the advice.

I don't know where to look for professional teachers. I wanted to apply to a school for music near me, but you have to wait about a year before you even get a chance to get accepted.

What really killing my interest in guitar are the /gg/ threads. They are entirely demoralizing

I know, it's full of retards posting the same image again and again asking the same shit over and over.

>>/gg/
Justin guitar is great, but my best trick has been to grab a chord, put on some easy TV, and just practice it for hours.

I’ve been playing for six months, during two of which I had a cast on after breaking my left wrist. I can play at least fifty cover songs and have written ten of my own songs.

OP, you are shit.

>fifty
get gud

>he hasn't practiced 1 hour on each string, 6 hours all strings for weeks on end

That's why you suck mate. You don't practice enough, you shitpost on Sup Forums instead and get distracted easily with your weak as fuck millennial brain.

Go take classical lessons for a couple months you might be able to play like this guy someday:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWvp9Cd6HUo

>Wasted money on a dumb game to play video game songs on a, most likely, low quality instrument
>"on and off"
Sounds like you fell for the, "not practicing," meme

rocksmith's only been a thing for like 5 years and actually has a lot of stuff for learning and practicing scales and shit, not just "le play the songs like guitar hero" memeshit. i think it's unfair to give it the blame for op not practicing consistently