Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1WJyLQjypo
open.spotify.com/album/1mLHPTQKr7GpCdrNPz8Owa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What a pathetic individual

youtube.com/watch?v=-1WJyLQjypo

John zappa the goat

true, there's allready a band called HIM

Because intellectual property is not so restrictive to cover this.
And it endorses satire and criticism.

t. someone who actually has read a book.

ooohh watch out we got a reader here

Was it only the cover/art that got copied or the music is similar as well?

Go back to /lit/ you pretentious bitch we're all stupid here.

Musicians are so god dam stupid

>a book

what

/lit/ has plenty of stupid people too, like all those catholic fedoralords.

Who?

She's not threatening legal action, you wanna copyright lawyer. She's calling him out for being an unoriginal hack. And she's right

>t. someone who actually has read a book

Literally who?

This is about as "unoriginal" as Meet the Residents or Dig Me Out, there is nothing wrong with using similar album art. Unless you have listened to both and can say that he is ripping of her musical style as well, I see no problem

why is what allowed
being salty on twitter or poor remakes of shitty cover art

Yeah, making an intentional reference to something else isn't copying it and doesn't imply that you don't have ideas of your own. Parody is also a creative act.

Meet the Residents cover is pretty clearly supposed to be satire, bad example.

How is OP not supposed to be satire?

It's in the same style of R&B as H.E.R., it's a little closer than just being in a rock band and liking the Kinks.

After listening to both it does just sound like H.I.M. is deliberately jacking her aesthetic and style to make it seem like he's an associated act.

>t. Dumbass who has only read one book
Completely misread his point btw

The two examples you listed are homage to a classic and an outright parody. HIM was released almost immediately after HER and doesn't say anything with its album art beyond being a facsimile of the record it copied. The music doesn't need to sound identical for that to be obvious, or for the art itself to be a blatant copy. It's not even clear how it's a "response". It's pretty cheap and lazy creatively.

Is this the band from finland? I am confused.

No, the H.I.M. she's talking about is another RnB artist

open.spotify.com/album/1mLHPTQKr7GpCdrNPz8Owa

who the fuck is either of them?

I hope someone makes a "Zir" cover in the exact same style but have the color be green

I agree, people getting upset over such trivial things should be shot.

/lit/ is and has been a Sup Forums band for at least a full year now. Catholics are the least of their problems. At least their philosophers are actually interesting.

He's only read one book