Musician headphones

Let's talk about them from a music enthusiast and musician standpoint. Sup Forums doesn't know shit, cares about gaymen and recommends Razers

We've got a /g board! Holy fuck.

Been using AKG K240Studio for over a decade but looking for something pretty much as closely as neutral like them but some that go deeper than the 240s that cut off the bass quite early.
Would you recommend the DT770 for someone who wants something neutral with lower basses?

Open vs. Closed back headphones

I'm a budget shopper, got the Audio-Technica ATH-T200

>I'm a budget shopper
I think that's fine as long as you're happy with them.
But often budget shopping means shit phones and if you want to use them daily for many years it's probably not wrong to save up for some really good ones. But again I think you can't go wrong with the Audiotechnicas on a budget

Has a good hz range and 45ohms, enjoying the fuck out of them

I upgraded from no headphones to these and lemme tell ya, they're the ugliest pair on the market.

I've been quite happy with my Sennheiser HD598 for 5 years now. This + an external sound card. Is here anyone who'd had it and replaced with anything better?

>they're the ugliest pair on the market.
lmao.
but I kinda noticed that the "more styled" headphones look the worse they usually sound. not always of course but often enough to notice it

Thinking of getting Apple EarPods

I'd talk about Beats but it'd be preaching to the choir. Despite the looks the HD600 is still great!

fuck off to G. all this tech talk has no place on the music board

We've got /gg/, though they spend most of their time wanking over guitars and not actually playing them.

Music is pretty technical, even if you aren't

All my friends give me shit for having so many headphones, but I couldn't care less.

For easy home listening/general use:
>Sennheiser HD598 SE
For bass heavy music/hip-hop:
>Pioneer SE-M521
For traveling:
>Shure SE215
For work (when I have to wear additional ear protection cups):
>Sennheiser CX 5.00G

Happy with all of them. Except the Shures become a bit uncomfy after a couple of hours. And the Pioneers feel a bit cheap.

I have Sennheiser 558’s.

They’re good but hurt my head after long usage.

Don't have that problem with the 598s, very comfy. Except in the summer my ears get hot as fuck after about an hour.

>All my friends give me shit for having so many headphones, but I couldn't care less.
They're ignorant fucks.
For me music is pretty much the most important and almost every headphone model sounds different than another.
Also, you can have headphones for enjoying music and making music. And even there you could go deeper and say "Well, today I want to fucking fuck my head up with bass" and the next day be all "Meh, today I want to have some light fluffy sounds stuff while doing some desk work".
Most people have several pairs of shoes, why not several pairs of headphones

Exacly, but since you can't really fight stupidity. I just let them have their fun and jokes. End of the day I'm enjoying quality audio, while they are damaging their ears with cheap Logitech "gaming" headsets.

can`t find a good upgrade over my broken he 500 without breaking the bank

>while they are damaging their ears with cheap Logitech "gaming" headsets.

I'm not even an audio snakeoil gobbler but as soon as some headphones have those for cheap ones typical hissing or fizzling upper frequencies I don't touch them a second time. Also, cheap ones also like to sound really muffled which also annoys me to no end.

Not to mention how trash the lining material is on those things.
>Had some logitech headphones, lining material is almost fucking plastic
>Had Razer Orcas, lining material was too soft to support them standing up on head
No wonder they discontinued them.

sometimes it helps if you bend them a bit open