ITT: basketball players who had potential to be better than Jordan but ultimately fell short

ITT: basketball players who had potential to be better than Jordan but ultimately fell short

i'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YwLKn9xc_a4
youtube.com/watch?v=n8qUZILi8IM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me, but my basketball career ended abruptly after being ejected from a playoff game in eighth grade for getting two flagrant fouls. Fucking refball I swear.

>7 straight finals
>fell short

2011 chokejobe is the biggest stain on his legacy. But with last year's performance he's solidly top 3.

>solidly top 3

:p

top 2 actually

Y'all sleeping on Kareem

>sub .500 finals record
Yeah, that's falling short.

>ultimately fell short
>thinking LeBron is done

Honestly if he wins a 4th he's above Jordan no matter what.

>solidly top 3.

i kejd

1. kareem
2. lebron
3. stockton
4. pippen
5. jordan

Those dubs

LeBron is closer to being beneath Curry than above Jordan

>Lempty Stats
>Top 3

Did you even watch the finals or do you just watch highlights and read box-scores to come to your retarded conclusion?

>create near-impossible benchmark that if Lebron reaches it he's surpassed Jordan
>reaches it and suddenly it's a different benchmark
This has happened like 8 times now

Even if he wins five more finals Jordan fags will still bring up muh 6-0.

If he wins more than 6, everyone will suddenly say Russell is the GOAT and you have to reach him
If he wins more than 11, they'll go back to Jordan and say muh undefeated
there is no way to win

He's not even the best player on his team, retard

youtube.com/watch?v=YwLKn9xc_a4

>best (or at least one of the best) statistical finals of all time
>yeah, well those stats don't count. I'm smarter than all the players, coaches and analysts, btw, you should trust my eye test.

Complete bust

nice
epic
i like it

>WAH going 6-0 or better in the Finals is too much to ask for

Jordanfags will bring up 6/6 Finals MVPs. Curry's already 0/2

I can't explain it but Lebron is just fucking boring to watch.

What a delusional post.

Curry isn't even the best player on his team.

he's not skilled

Who's fun to watch iyo?

>those assists and dunks are boring

I really like watching Steven Curry and Corey Brewer.

Fair enough, but what's Brewer even been doing these past few years? Didn't even know he was a Laker.

I'm not that guy I was just being a cunt.

My favourite players are Melo and Klove

>pippen babby

Nate Thurmond, dude was ripped as fuck and one of 4 NBA Players to have a quad double.

But yes, Kareem does not get the respect he deserves as each generation comes in.

chronic knee injuries killed the GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=n8qUZILi8IM

well that blows

pun intended

>muh 3pt

vince carter tbqh
turned into a fat, soft chucker with no d

The benchmark is and always has been 6 championships. LeBron gets credit for making it to the finals as often as he does, but that only will allow him to surpass MJ and Kareem when he wins as many as MJ and Kareem.

>letting a bitch drive him in the car and dying because of that

The bar being raised always coincided with where LeBron ranks all time

>no championship, lol barely top 25
>all those mvps and only 1 ring after bailing out for ezmode with the heat, barely top 20
>2 championships, barely top 15
>needs more than 3 rings to be top 5
Aw gee wiz, it almost seems like in order to move up in the ranks of all time greats there are benchmarks that need to be met, and achievements are earned instead of simply granted because you are special. You millennials always just want everything handed to you.

Curry is a perfect reason why using "rings" to define a GOAT is a stupid metric.

Curry could win a ring every season of his career but i would never even consider him a contender for greatest player.

still top 10 of all time though

:(

>Curry could win a ring every season of his career but i would never even consider him a contender for greatest player.
Why not?

If championships are the benchmark, then Bill Russell is still the greatest player ever.

>ctrl f
>no D Rose
>wtf

>it's a "losing a final is worse than not even reaching it" thread

Kobe, but he's only a little short.

Have you seen him in the playoffs compared to the regular season?

>playing d-league teams in the east

wow, impressive

>crashing this franchise with no survivors

Paul Pierce? fuck, "they" all look the same, how am i supposed to know who that is

this, i feel like all the hype he gets, i should see him dunking on the whole team regularly and dunking from halfcourt and shooting treys from his own basket.
Most overhyped player fr

its penny hardaway

>the Magic will never be elite again

didn't this nigga had like 15 kids?

I remember when the Houston Rockets 4-0 them in the finals.

American minds too feeble to comprehend Canadian sport: THE POST

this man right here

This nigger was a fucking magician on the court before his injuries. Appropriate that he played for a team named "The Magic"

>Make 6 finals
>win 6 Finals
versus
>Make 8 Finals
>Win 3 Finals
Which would you rather be? Also
>Run into Pistons grinder for 3 years before getting over the hump
>Run into the weak ass east your whole career and have to wait until you join a superteam before reaching your second finals

You mean Tim Hardaway right?

to be fair he didn't join a superteam, you look at that 2010/11 roster and it's laughable to ay the least. They had the big 3 and that's about it.

Jesus Christ he got fat

Came here to post this. My childhood died along with his knees.

Thats why Kobe would get so mad at him. Shaq had shit work ethic and didnt take it seriously. He had the potential to easily be the GOAT.

Lebron is top 5 all time, Curry isn't even top 50.

teams are so afraid of him they've been assembling super teams to stop him his whole career
players will take less money just to avoid losing to him
teams have been tanking for years because they can't compete against him

kek

Why are NBA supporters so deluded with Jordan being the GOAT. Any other sport realises that players are better now then they were in the 80s and 90s. LeBron is an absolute beast on the court and objectively the GOAT. Also wtf do rings matter in a player argument. The bulls were still a title contender without Jordan where as the Cavs when LeBron left went from 61-21 to 19-63. LeBron is the most valuable player to have in your team and it's stupid to think that Jordan would even come close to him if he played in today's nba.

>Le fatal crack overdose man

>it's stupid to think that Jordan would even come close to him if he played in today's nba.
here's your (you)

You can only judge players against the competition they played with. Had Bill Russell grown up with AAU ball and trainers in high school and the speed and strength of the modern NBA he would have still been extremely dominant.

Because he isn't that great of a player, and rings aren't the only thing that make you great.

>the savior of the celtics
>he's gonna be the leader of the next dynasty

> muh pistons

why are jordanfags so retarded. its they've just bought into some media-driven narrative so everything jordan does is awesome (6/6!!!) and anytime he falls down it's excusable (muh bad boys!)

I've never seen a 3-5 GOAT.

Who the real GOAT is:

5-1 in nab finals
5 rings in 3 decades
3 times finals mvp
15 all stars team
15 defensive team
1000 matches won
7th for most rebounds ever
6th for most blocks ever
most consistent player throughout his carreer considering longevity

>muh lebron
>muh bryant
>muh jordan

Duncan was great but let's not get carried away here. He got carried a lot of times by Parker and Ginobili.

>larry making his own threads to samefag in

I don't think there's ever been a player as gifted as T-Mac. He had everything. The body, the quickness, the bounce, the talent, the court vision, the ball handling, the shoot, everything.

Except for a work ethic.

u a bitch

SKEEUP

>jordan not carried by scottie
>lelbron not carried by wade/bosh or irving/love

lol

He had a great playoff run this year.
I agree with you, but I wouldn't rule him out, you know?

He just gets hyped because the dumb faggot died before taking a jumper

What about Gianis when the bucks win 7 of the next 12?

>He had a great playoff run this year.
Weaker competition and a Kevin Durant drawing some of the pressure off of him.

>but I wouldn't rule him out, you know?
That's also true, but unless refs stop calling playoffs games looser, I'm not really holding my breath.

While Durant did take off some pressure, Curry was more tightly marked. Golden State wouldn't work nearly as well without Curry.

You have a good point on the second paragraph there.

at least lebron never got swept in the first round like jordan did multiple times

His work ethic was fine, it was the injuries and poor career decisions that piled up.

>While Durant did take off some pressure, Curry was more tightly marked. Golden State wouldn't work nearly as well without Curry.
True, his production did get better.