How come no major publications even included this album in their top albums of the year list...

how come no major publications even included this album in their top albums of the year list? its one of my favorites of 2017

its not good. but glad you like it

Because spoiler:

Fantano core sucks lmao

its ok there's way better Post-Punk out there.

The only few post-punk bands worth paying attention to in 2017 are the same post-punk bands who were already there in 1978.
Wire, The Fall, Killing Joke, PIL at a stretch, that's it. Revival is shit.

It’s gotten top 10 on a few smaller (but not super small) publications

>it's his first week on mu
please don't post unless you have anything intelligent to say

You sound underage.

hahah nice rebuttal

rec us some user

I liked this album a lot but these guys are kinda boring live.

HE PASSED AWAY...ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR.

Look at this faggot, he thinks modern post-punk is a "revival" as though it ever went away at some point

I bet you delude yourself into thinking your ignorance of genuinely amazing contemporary releases is actually a sign of intelligence.

Can anyone suggest albums like this one? Really enjoyed it too

Street Sects are utter shit. The worst cliches of early 2000s post-hardcore combined with the worst cliches of 2010s post-punk/goth rock. The occasional DHR flourishes also suck ass and are applied in a way which drains away everything that was interesting about the better DHR bands in the first place.
The Flenser is such an aggressively mediocre record label that they make Sacred Bones look respectable by comparison. The shit that they put out belongs on Bandcamp as pay-what-you-want releases.

Idles
Grave Pleasures

>Makthaverskan
>Agent Blå
>Ergots on Egret
You're missing out

>the list goes on....

iceage

all shit btw

this
iceage is the one of the few mosern post-punk bands worth listening to

Blessure Grave
Soft Kill

Spectres
The Estranged
Joy Disaster
The New Flesh
Assuming you know all the classics and modern stuff

Killing Joke make industrial metal now, not post-punk

also the Fall and PiL make unlistenable garbage these days.

why are you lying
It's Loud & Quiet's AOTY

Thanks, will check all the stuff suggested. Hard to admit, but I seriously doubt I know all the classics/modern stuff.

The Birthday Party, Nick Cave, Joy Division, Interpol, White Lies (eh, some people like them), Siouxsie... Just look at wiki for post-punk, really.

Protomartyr are miles ahead of IDLES by any musical parameter. IDLES are just noisier and edgier, but that's it. At this point in their career, they couldn't write a song half as good as "Half Sister" to save their lives.

check out Bauhaus

Plowing Into A Field of Love is the best Post Punk album of the 21st century, and maybe even if all time

if you never check out "this heat" in your life

you missed the fuck out

Wire and PiL been mediocre for a while,child.

King Krule's album is the choice for the obligatory post-punk album on every list, if they had more than one it would look like they were hyping up irrelevant music.

Yeah, it really is strange; two albums ago they were one of the most hyped up-and-coming bands, and now, when their sound has only gotten better, publications rarely ever mention them.

#1 / Loud and Quiet
#6 / Northern Transmissions
#8 / OOR
#10 / The Skinny
#13 / Treble
#19 / Drowned in Sound
#23 / Piccadilly Records
#42 / NME
#90 / Rough Trade
Honorable Mentions AllMusic, Glide, The Wire, Tinymixtapes