Is this the next Game of Thrones?

Is this the next Game of Thrones?

slashfilm.com/lin-manuel-miranda-kingkiller-chronicle/

>Lionsgate struck a multiplatform deal last year which will see Rothfuss’ books simultaneously developed for film, television, and video games.

Other urls found in this thread:

tor.com/2016/10/27/brandon-sandersons-cosmere-universe-movie-rights-sold-to-dmg-entertainment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks like shit-tier paperbacks for soccer moms.

>r film, television, and video games.

Well I guess Lionsgate does.

I can tell it's shit based on how much they want to shill it.

It's about time we got some originality. Can't wait to watch this with my bros and brodettes at the local watering hole.

That's what OP said.

Oh boy grimdark adult Harry Potter!

Read them.

I consider them the best non-pleb fantasy of this decade.

Sadly just like ASOIAF Rothfuss is still "working" on his final novel to complete the trilogy.

>implying any female GoT fans have actually read GoT

They don't seem to understand that GoT fans are just GoT fans.

the second book was garbage

It really wasnt.

>non-pleb fantasy

read more

It's actually good. But i expect them to fuck it up and make everything very (((dark and mature))) with lots of boobs, because that's why GoT is good, amiriite?

I do.

>series isnt finished
>implying this will not be the travesty game of thrones is

no

yes

It couldn't be any worse than the first

>best non-pleb fantasy of this decade

Nigga that isnt The First Law.

How so?

I doubt anything will reach GoT popularity status, unless they remake Lord of the Rings.

I haven't read those yet but I've heard good things about them. Also I trust Patrick Rothfuss cause the dude looks like a wizard so the dedication is not lacking.

Also good.

Sadly your reading comprehension failed you.

>I consider them the best non-pleb fantasy of this decade.

>fans of the two books are betting on the third revealing a massive amount of unreliable narration in order to justify the utter wankery that the MC pulls off

I'm actually hoping Patrick reveals it was all true and the MC really is a deadly sex master

Thats the beauty of these novels.

Half of it might be bullshit, or not.

No, that's fucking stupid.

Both were.

>Two books shown in op
>Them

You directly stated that the two released installments of the kingkiller chronicles were "the best non-pleb fantasy of this decade"

There isnt much wiggle room in the interpretation of what you said.

How has my reading comprehension failed?

It really isnt.

I was stating my opinion.

You stated yours instead.

L2read

Hopefully HBO or Netflix. Anything else will fuck it up.

Second book was OK and third is taking forever so I'm not hopeful it will be good

i found the first one enjoyable

but the second one was all over the place holy shit. the only good part is where he when to train with the autistic mute

Mistborn and Stormlight Archive are also getting adapted. Fantasykino incoming

tor.com/2016/10/27/brandon-sandersons-cosmere-universe-movie-rights-sold-to-dmg-entertainment/

Felurian will be played by a nigress.
I guarantee it.

>uses "autistic" to describe a novel

Oh boy is your opinion valid.

i described a character, not the novel you dolt

If Sup Forums doesnt consider blacks to be human, then yes, Felurian should be played by a black woman, considering that she isnt human.

I've seen screens of people watching a tv show in a bar, but who the fuck would ever be quiet enough to actually watch the fucking show. Normies should die in waves of mass suicide.

Your "comment" is barely English.

Did anyone else read the Adem handsignals in their greentexting voice?
>profound disappointment

Nope. These books are shit.

Protagonist is a Mary Sue which I wouldn't have cared that much about if he wasn't obnoxious as fuck. Large stretches of the story are of just him wandering around doing dull, repetitive things. Apart from him and Denna, all characters are just props without any personality. The main arc is the same Harry Potter cliche except it gets abandoned for more wandering around.

I often wondered why people are excited for this aggressive waste of time. The only thing I can think of is that that it's about wish fulfilment. The protagonist literally calls women m'ladies and rescues them from being raped by chads. Perfect. I'm not a conceited dude but Holy shit, I can't help but assume people's dumbness when they say they like the books.

Oh, and the author is a nu male whose head has gotten so big from constant fellation by fans that he hates them now.

That said, I can't wait to watch this trainwreck in real time. It will be like Twilight. For boys. Except worse.

not an argument

>Uses "Mary Sue" to describe a deeply flawed MALE character

Here we go...

yes, it's fucking stupid.

>get this guys, rothfuss isn't actually some no-talent fat faggot writing gay mary sue fantasy schlock. all the dumb, cringeworthy shit from the last 2 books is going to be explained away by a lazy plot device shoehorned into the next book!

there's absolutely nothing present in the text to indicate kvothe as an unreliable narrator. rothfuss is not gene wolfe. there's no subtext, no allusion, no allegory; it's just cheap, juvenile crap.

Im not arguing with you, Im mocking you.

Your comment was barely English and not worthy of actual discussion.

All those fancy buzzwords and literary terms.

Too bad you literally say nothing.

still no arguments

just stfu already

Its quite ironic. You use "autistic" as a derogatory term, when you have sever autism yourself.

I've never been in my life been so ashamed of being a user of this board. What the fuck is wrong with you shits. How can people enjoy this crap.

>The fanfiction.net tier plot of the first two books is okay because it might be false you guize !
>Even if it is unreliable, we just spent two thirds of the series reading about a Mary Sues adventures in Rothfusses
wank fantasy

Truly the greatest fantasy of our generation. Rothfuss is a genius.

it really isn't

the character acts autistic sometimes but it is due to his culture and background

just because "austim" is a retarded meme here it doesn't mean that the word lost its meaning

and you made stupid point and now hide behind petty insults because you can't back it up with arguments

and it's just amusing to see how far you're going to avoid getting to the original point

i'm saying it's shit, rothfuss doesn't have a plan, he's a hack, you're an idiot for thinking he does. is that clear enough for you? i don't think i can state it any plainer.

I'll disregard you being triggered over gender pronouns for tropes but what "Deep flaws" does Kvothe have?

This guy gets it. I don't understand how people can be so dumb when it comes to this book.

One of the most overrated fantasy books, completely generic but people can't see, self insert MC as well

The prose was good though

Why do you double tap the ENTER key every time you have a thought? That post could be a solid paragraph.

>what if rey was a boy and instead of space everything happened in not Britain

Jesus christ with your level of reading comprehension, I am not surprised that you like this books.

Does anybody have that picture describing what he's done during his life? like learning lockpicking and fencing, and that part about being a "lover of women"

Jesus dude, stop