Is she 100% over?

We all know her career is utterly destroyed at this point, but do you think she could ever seriously release new material or go on tour again after this? Even after time were to pass?

this bitch is crazy thinking she could have ever won a grammy at any point

She will probably still release her movie and more music.

That other cunt is just hurting for attention because her music sucks and she needs to get in the spotlight.

Headlines should read:

"Bisexual Female Musician Named Timothy Accuses Her More Famous Musician Friend Of Rape Just Two Months After Disappointing Release Of Her Own Solo Album"

dude you are definitely right there are definitely reasons for what you're saying right now

It's already dying out pretty hard and her stans on twitter are coming up with some interesting "evidence" against it.
I bet two albums from now no one will really remember.

She was fucked up and unethical even before the rape accusations, and I think as her fanbase grew older they were already cottoning on to that.

Marketing music to children that describes sexual relationships in childish ways is really fucked. And her cringey "psycho" shit was awful and pretty unacceptable nowadays I'd have thought.

unethical how? I mean, I really don't think her music is marketed towards children. Childish themes were meant to be ironic and inspire emotions because a lot of it has to do with childhood trauma. I don't like her, but she isn't unethical.

She needs to be more aware of the fact that her music is 90% consumed by 13/14 y.o girls. I think it's kind of unethical to make basically a DDLG album and continue playing it and selling it to little girls, warping their ideas of sex and healthy sexual relations. I think she should be more up front about her intentions with it.

I'm a bit more attuned to this because I listened to heaps of Lana Del Rey when I was 13 or so and it really affected me in the same way with all the lolita little girl sexy imagery. I hate to see it happen again.

why you talk like this user

/r9k/ bleeding in to Sup Forums probably

II get what you're saying and I went through the exact same thing with lana del rey, but I strongly argue that it's up to parents to monitor what artists their child consumes, not up to the artist as to what fanbase they attract, at least with age groups.

this

That's true I guess. It's not really Melanie's fault that little girls like listening to her music. I just hope that if she releases new music she's not leaning on the same persona and aesthetics. I genuinely don't mind her music, I think it's fun pop, but the DDLG shit is insufferable to me. Passively interested to see what she'd move on to next.

She likes to say that the album was purely a concept album and even if I was into it I think it would be painfully dragged out if she did the same concept but "pt 2" with her next album lol.

its her fault for raping someone, like how stupid can u be catering to female tumblrinas sjw and doing the one thing that will make them turn their backs on u, plus her music is fucking cringe

Yeah. I think she's taking a page from Marina and the Diamond's book of having a new persona and concept for each album. Marina was another sort of entry-level teenage girl alternative pop singer so I feel Melanie is going to follow those footsteps. And like Melanie, Marina started with a sort of girly/innocent character that was subverted.

>DDLG is insufferable

Fully agree.

That being said, however, Martinez has the right to produce what she wants. However, I agree she should be very aware of her audience.

What the responsibility lies upon is the audience and the people who are around them. Their parents can't go and say "don't listen to this. It's bad." They have to sit down and explain to them what Martinez is singing about and what a healthy sexual relationship is.

>and it really affected me in the same way with all the lolita little girl sexy imagery.

Can I check out your Tumblr? :3

>DDLG
What does this mean?

It is a form of BDSM, where one person is a "caregiver" in the relationship, and one is more childlike, which is usually called a "little".

Daddy Dom/Little Girl

nice reddit spacing

Do you also think video games shouldn't be so casual about sex and violence because young people play them and are affected by the content? Can we please put responsibility on parents and not creators?

I was fine with her "baby" shtick from her first album but my god at least do something else other than that again for fuck sake.

I started listening to Lana del Rey when I was like 15 and nothing happened to me

why does she look like such a trashy rat creature..

Her fans from what I've seen are pretty rabidly defending her, I feel like whatever music she makes in the future will only be listened to by her hardcore fans, or in secret by new fans because no one wants to be associated with someone who was so publicly exposed for such a terrible thing.