Will rock ever return to mainstream status?

Will rock ever return to mainstream status?

No

A good song is a good song regardless of genre.

If someone finds a way to revolutionize the basic rock sound into something relatively new to the mainstream then yes, absolutely.

no but we are due for an underground no-wave revival at least

okay guys, we need to bring elements of another genre into rock to revitalize it. which genre will it be?

it's pretty much a dead genre which is sad
but one day it will comeback
maybe..

Mongolian throat singing desu anons

Happy hardcore

ASMR - Tapping Fabrics 2 hr Version

Blues

Noise

I'm a guitar player and wannabe singer been working on some stuff recently and I feel really emotionally charged by it all. When I finish it I'll let y'all know first. Right now it's rock with a lot of noise especially in the solo's but I'm trying to learn to tame the noise

acid techno

Dub techno

That's funny we have the same idea. Does playing left handed also give me more credibility as a guitar player

anime osts

Basketball field recordings

Heavy metal

I was just listening to Villains and wondering why it seems so boring compared to this

PC music + rock n roll

It's going to be trap. Lil Uzi will revive rock music.

Bjork samples

Industrial folk

Birds chirping

The way to revitalize the genre isn't to bring in "sounds" from other genres, it's to bring back good songwriting.

Every innovator in rock has more or less just been a good songwriter. The innovation in rock happens at the level of the songwriting. The aesthetics emerge from the composition, not the "sounds" of other genres.

Farm animal dance beats

Field recordings of Loveless being recorded

Dogwave

Sounds of fluffing up your pillow to get more comfortable

Archery core

This desu, i still dont know how that genre didnt become the big thing of its time.

fpbp

albert kuvezin already did it

Rock needs a revolution... it needs a connection to our collective American consciousness... something that isn't afraid to call out the absurdity of American politics and culture...

Oh shit, wait--

>yfw american idiot killed rock music