Opinions on Mac Demarco, Sup Forums?

One of my favorite artists, what's the general consensus on here on his quality?

KICK BACK AND CHILLAX TO THE BIG MAC,IT'S FUN DUDE

Baby just getting into music

there's no general consensus on shit here
I think he's alright but really hasn't switched his sound up at all since 2 and has been coasting on his success with the 12-18 demographic that built a cult of personality around him. rock n roll night club and 2 are still solid though, ying yang by makeout videotape as well

he's a heavy subject of memes here

i love him but his recent album was pretty wank

shitty acoustic songs are for old men

yea hes sooo vibe

>Sup Forums
>not Sup Forums
are you new?

>asks Sup Forums about mac demarco
>like he wouldn't have already seen a thread about him if he spent one day here
ofcourse he is new dipshit, how new are you?

DUDE CIGARETTES LMAO

>
First month if i'm being honest, tired of being ignored on reddit. I've made post's about some super obscure artist's that get ignored, so I tried making a thread about a more popular one I like.

I'd say the new album is a big step up from the last few. Much more mature sound/writing imo

his music was fun like 4 years ago before the novelty wore off (quickly)

He occupies the same space for cliche Sup Forumstants as the rick and morties/run the jewels in that everybody pretends to have never like them before they grew a large annoying fan base or that they never would have even if vapid pseuds hadn't discovered them en masse. It's just insecure brainlets changing their opinion to suit a counter-culture narrative that better aligns with their own brand of unique genius.

Why do you faggots hate him so much? He literally started a new indie movement from scratch! He create his own unique style that dozens have copied since then. He is literally the greatest live performer today since Freddie Mercury (and yes I mean that unironically). You could even argue he's only the real rockstar left. He literally only wants to give you chill vibes and even chiller tunes. I bet you can't explain why you hate him without referring to his personality, his fanbase, or using that retarded "he keeps making the same songs" argument. Why do you sad bitches only like depressing garbage btw ? I'm so sick of the hate he keeps getting. HE'S GOOD YOU FUCKING AUTISTS.

This thread has gotten way to damn out of hand. Chill.

Mac Demarco is top tier doing homework and chores around the house on a sunny day with the window open and a light breeze blowing in music desu senpai

so you're saying mac demarco is for teenagers

It's a pasta

Well I just meant the stuff before that, that one is kind of obvious.

Three years

>adults in college dont have papers to write nor do they clean up their living space
That's pretty dumb but I forgive you

I smoke Viceroy

You smoke cock

sooo vibee

I like 2 and Salad Days a lot. Also I still like his last two albums, but the whole acoustic/singer-songwriter/soft rock thing is rather boring. They're not bad albums, but not the direction I wanted to hear him go in.

This more or less

Rock and Roll NightClub is great!

go away