Name a trilogy where all three movies have been great

Name a trilogy where all three movies have been great.

Pic not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WtblCZQXRsA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_with_No_Name#Actual_names_or_monikers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LOTR, obviously. They're not equal but all 3 are pretty up there

Back to the future

Matrix were all great movies. Only plebe tier brainlets couldn't follow it.

get some rest Pam

The second one was not that good desu

TOY STORY

Actually, it's the ONLY tril where the quality has gone up up up! 3>2>1!

Shrek

(You)

Shrek 4 is my fave.

Two Towers is not a great film.

Pack it in boys, we're done here.

Rocky
Rambo
Starwars prequels
Scream
Ghostbusters trilogy

Temple Of Doom should be renamed to 'Indiana Jones and the Two Most Annoying Fucking Sidekicks in Movie History'

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLE ME

/thread

thread theme youtube.com/watch?v=WtblCZQXRsA

Where fore? Happy ever laster?

>tfw the director married one and fucked the other

Not really a trilogy.

Different set of characters and stories that aren't even linked.

>pic not related

oh okay i'll be off then

seriously. the movie had some great ideas and scenes that get ruined by that little chink kid. what were they thinking?

>you'll never come home to find 70s/80s era Harrison Ford in your bed

Fucking kill me.

The OP is looking for trilogies where all three films are great, not trilogies where all three films are awful.

they all feature the same main character (the man with no name), that's enough to define the trilogy

>Ghostbusters trilogy
kekt

>they all feature the same main character (the man with no name)

He has a different name in each one.

Joe, Monco and Blondie.

exactly, the man with no name.

Type in "The man with no name trilogy" and look at what you get.

But he has a name in each of them?

Did Sergio ever even say it was the same guy in each one?

Clint's character is called various names, but they are never confirmed to be his real name, it's always by another character, in the credits he is also credited with the names he's called

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_with_No_Name#Actual_names_or_monikers

This user should be renamed "biggest faggot on this board"

>In A Fistful of Dollars, he is called "Joe" by the undertaker, Piripero, and Eastwood is credited as "Joe".

>In For a Few Dollars More, he is called "Manco" (Spanish: "one-armed") because he does everything left-handed, except for shooting.

>In The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Tuco calls him "Blondie" for his light hair. He is also "The Good" from which the film receives its name.

It is, but the extended cut is A LOT better.

Evil Dead

The Before trilogy
The Three Colours Trilogy

Die Hard

This desu senpai

Based.

lady only here because she humping director

for once famguy hit the nail on the head

first one is boring

underrated.
three times.

they all are

My man!

Woah bro, I bet your intellect is in the 200's !

Pff, you're far superior to all us plebs and peasants, enlighten us on how you are so godly?

Probably the only trilogy that I'd rate like this

3 > 2 > 1

Quite a few kikes in one picture

Captain america trilogy

None of you weebs even mentioned the greatest trilogy of all, Friday

>Berserk

you sure showed him with your spongebob reaction image

prove me wrong

Spider-Man 3 was great?

do you not enjoy watching spiderman 3?

>muh LoTR isn't great meme
lol so epic dude
like, everybody has seen it so it can't be good right

100%
Pusher 2: How Toney Got His Groove Back is the best though

MiB falls off pretty hard after two and even that was a fair bit worse compared to the first.

Where's the flaw in it besides evil jazz symbiote Peter which is arguably not even bad?

according to who?

The trilogy?
There's 2 more?

2> > >3>1

>walking out of the theatre with a few frienda
>they're all going on about how shit the movie was
>I'm doing my best to stall while the lights are out so my eyes can clear from the crying
I know parts of it were nostalgia but fuck me man they went hard on it

So then Edgar Wright's three movies aren't a trilogy?

>So then Edgar Wright's three movies aren't a trilogy?

>different characters, universe and stories

No, they're not.

>thematic, aesthetic and production and casting similarities
>director has called them a trilogy
>trilogy literally defined as three related works

You're wrong and I'm not going to argue further

Good job shutting him down fellow kino-enjoyer.

o7

That's my favorite one :(

>trilogy literally defined as three related works

But they're not related.

They are 3 completely different stories.

Are you going to grab 3 movies from an actor and say it's a trilogy because his character is similar in them, just with a different name?

No, that'd be fucking retarded, like your logic.

In that case he shouldn't have posted The Matrix trilogy.

I know this is bait because of how hard the sequels shat the bed, but in all honesty even the original Matrix movie isn't that great in retrospect.

>not related
see

he said pic not related
i agree that the first hasnt aged well,

Kung Fu Panda 3 was just okay

Just a reminder that Antonioni's malaise trilogy remains the greatest trilogy of all time.

You're right, it's not great.
It's actually the best of the three

John Carpenter's Apocalypse trilogy

W H A T · I S · T H E · M A T R I X ? · F O L L O W · T H E · W H I T E · R A B B I T · Y O U · A R E · M Y · P E R S O N A L · J E S U S · C H R I S T · Y O U · N E E D · T O · U N P L U G · W H A T · I S · R E A L ? · O U R · W A Y · O R · T H E · H I G H W A Y · I · T H O U G H T · Y O U · W E R E · A · M A N · W H A T · G O O D · I S · A · P H O N E C A L L · I F · Y O U · A R E · U N A B L E · T O · S P E A K ? · W H E N · Y O U · A R E · R E A D Y · Y O U · W I L L · N O T · N E E D · T O · D O D G E · B U L L E T S · T H E R E · I S · A · D I F F E R E N C E · B E T W E E N · K N O W I N G · T H E · P A T H · A N D · W A L K I N G · T H E · P A T H · T H E R E · I S · N O · S P O O N · M I S T E R · A N D E R S O N · W E L C O M E · B A C K · C O O K I E S · N E E D · L O V E · D O D G E · T H I S · F O R · Z I O N ! · R E D · P I L L · B L U E · P I L L · N O T · L I K E · T H I S · N O T · L I K E · T H I S · I · K N O W · K U N G · F U · I F · Y O U · A R E · K I L L E D · I N · T H E · M A T R I X · Y O U · D I E · H E R E ? · D O · Y O U · T H I N K · T H A T · T H A T · I S · A I R · T H A T · Y O U · A R E · B R E A T H I N G ? · T R I N I T Y · H E L P ! · W H O A · N E O · I · B E L I E V E · S I R · W E · A L R E A D Y · L O S T · T H E · D O C K · W E · H A V E · B E C O M E · E X C E E D I N G L Y · E F F I C I E N T · A T · I T · T O N I G H T · L E T · U S · S H A K E · T H I S · C A V E · E R G O · Y O U · H A V E · A L R E A D Y · M A D E · T H E · C H O I C E · I · H A V E · D R E A M E D · A · D R E A M · B U T · N O W · T H A T · D R E A M · I S · G O N E · F R O M · M E · V I S · À · V I S · W H Y · M I S T E R · A N D E R S O N · W H Y ? · W H A T · D O · Y O U · T H I N K · I · A M · H U M A N ? · N E O · W H E R E V E R · Y O U · A R E · T H A N K · Y O U

The Dark Knight Rises was so boring, memes aside.

For you

the third one isnt that bad though
it doesnt have enough tommy lee jones but the ending redeems that

>Star Wars prequel films

I mean this in the kindest way possible: go euthanise yourself with a cattle bolt.

Sup Forums the triology

Alien

these

and bourne trilogy

We could follow them. The sequels were just not that good.

Reloaded has a couple of good/iconic action scenes but the story is lacking. Revolutions gave us the first crack at love-action DBZ and that's about all that's worth saying about it.

re watching the trilogy it reaffirmed the fact the first is flawless but I also grew to like the sequels a little more if just for the themes they were shooting for and some great action sequences here and there. Each one is still a big step down from the previous installment but even the last one is decent as an action movie.