Why do tv series tend to decline in quality as they go on? Like LOST, or Dexter, or 24, or Fringe, or even the sopranos

Why do tv series tend to decline in quality as they go on? Like LOST, or Dexter, or 24, or Fringe, or even the sopranos.

Even if a show doesn't necessarily go to complete shit, there are very few exceptions to the rule that seasons 1 and 2 will be better than a show's two final seasons. Buffy and Angel are the only exceptions I can think of off hand.

But as a show goes on, the actors get more used to their roles, the studios give them more money than they had to produce their pilot as the show gets a larger audience, the writers become more aware of what does and doesn't work in a particular universe... logically, it should be the other way around. Why isn't it?

Pic unrelated.

Based March birthday.

>Mfw April

April is master race boi

oh god does dexter get worse? i just finished the first season and it was just bearable

>born in June
if only I were a black, Id be thrilled

>mfw november

My nigga

>FEbrueary

FUCK OFF WHO MADE THIS SHIT CHART FUCKING FUCK REEEEEEEEEE

>februareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>MFW AUGUST

DELETE THIS
Why do you hate may?

As time goes on, plot points and the premise generally gets either stretched out to the point of annoying the fanbase (lost) or repeated (usually shittier than earlier seasons, Dexter). As time goes on writers generally leave the project or new writers are brought on who don't understand the series, or the original writers keep retreading shit they've already done.

It's all money. Instead of just having a defined endpoint most get strung along with an extra 1-2 seasons until interest dries up and they're fucked and cucked without a hope of wrapping things up in a dignified manner, left out to dry by whoever funded them.

I'd fuck the shit out of Hillary Clinton desu

Who /JanuarySaint/ here?

20th representing

Also, if you're a writer / director / producer on a hit show that could go the distance of 7-8 seasons of stretched out garbage or 3-4 seasons of concise and quality storytelling, at the end of the day you have little to no job security past the show you're currently working on, so better for them to stretch it out, collect as many shekels as possible, fuck the fans, fuck the show, got mine.

>April

I'm okay with this

>tfw june
>Tfw fag

28th reporting in

hey aprilfriends

>December
I don't even know if that's female.

>june

Nice :D

>july

>Mfw April

March. Guess I got lucky there huh

july, i got BLACKED. but man, 4 days later and...

GOD DAMMIT WHY DO I HAVE TO GET THAT DISGUSTING THING. I WOULD RATHER FUCK THE THREE MEN AND EVERY NIGGER THAN THAT FUCKING AUSTRALIAN

>tfw December
>can't roll for January

A P R I L

Feels good

>Tfw March master race.

if you found the first season "just bearable" drop it after season 2, or now.

>tfw March

tfw september

>all the october children are silent

>August

>june

shit, February...
January, March, April, June and November are the only ones I envy.
That leaves 6 months of worse fates.

>First lady

Trump will be mad

>november

missed a bullet, swung at by a crane though

20th here as well

>November
I'm counting myself as lucky considering what I could have ended up with if I was born one month earlier or later.

29 here.

this is wrong because everyone knows june is the best month for a birthday not march