Would the films be better if Rowling hadn't vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series?

Would the films be better if Rowling hadn't vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11730851/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe, at least then she would try to make the films a work of art that means something to somebody.

Yes. This also negates me having to post the pasta, because somebody else finally acknowledged as such.

Well done, OP.

in b4 that shitty book tier pasta

No this garbage never had chance.

I don't think any change of directors could've helped improve one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Sup Forums picks the best HP movie
strawpoll.me/11730851/
100 votes so far

Is this pasta originally written by Quentin? It reminds me of his style

Perhaps.

It's Prisoner of Azakaban. Only niggers deny it.

It's already good.

Chris columbus nailed it.

>I don't think any change of directors could've helped improve one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises....
>Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books....

The pasta seems a bit misplaced here...

It's been so long since I've actually read the text, I forgot that was in there. Whoops. Oh well, I'll leave it up so everyone can laugh at that.

But Harry Potter is honestly kind of shitty

Why? Because it's not """""serious""""" and """""important""""" like the other shitty books on that list?

Well no shit it is shitty, that's not the problem, the problem is how noxious it was for the editorial world whose interest changed overnight to shitty YA fiction that stunted the cultural development of kids around the world.
But, hey, whatever to make kids read, eh?

Of course, the Great Gatsby should've made it obvious

I can only imagine how PATHETIC you are. Everyday, sitting there on your double-support chair, posting this garbage in EVERY SINGLE THREAD, EVERY DAY, all the while giggling maniacally, licking your greasy, fat fingers. You're there, the entire day, the whole week, month and year, 24/7, refreshing the catalog, looking for a Harry potter thread. You probably stop jerking off to your japanese cartoons just to do it, I doubt you even leave your room to take a shit. Your life is a joke, you're a fat, disgusting neet, living off your parents, pissing in bottles and asking them to clean your ass so you may post your stupid pasta EVERY DAY here. Your only friends are the rats dwelling in the mess of a room you live in, in the waste produced by your 400lb body. You have no friends, you family despises you, you will NEVER have a girlfriend, your life is the same thing over and over again: shit tier trolling on Sup Forums. What gives me some comfort is the fact that parasites like yourself won't live past 40, and even if your do, you won't ever reproduce. Your kind is a dying, rejected race, sucking off the work of society, just so you can sit your ass all day and post your stupid, pathetic pasta. You pretend to be /lit/, but truth is you're just a cast-out, tryhard kid. You understand nothing of literature, your recommendations are the sort of garbage someone who spent 5 minutes reading the sticky would consider as amazing. Well, pal, let me tell you, it's entry level reading AT BEST. You're not intelligent, you're not a genius to be discovered, a hidden talent as you probably call yourself. You're just a fat, pathetic person with no expectations in life, who figures he's better than everyone else even though you have no reason at all to even PRETEND so. Having a high I.Q, being INTJ doesn't make you a mastermind, no matter how many labels and replies you get trying to confirm how "superior" you are, it won't change a single thing, you'll always be a disgusting vermin.

yes yes well done

You fags dobknow that speiljew wanted to animate it like that creepy polar express movie right?

REMINDER that Spielberg would have made them animation movies.

Reminder the books and films were made for young teenagers and critiquing them as an adult is literally autistic.

Oh thank God, I hadn't seen this for a couple days and had worried you were dead or something.

>IQ
>INTJ
>Relevant to memes