Is Sleater-Kinney the best punk band ever?

Is Sleater-Kinney the best punk band ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3VoWc3yypHs
youtube.com/watch?v=xgBRjqDE-24
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbU2VLPCRS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they are ridiculously underrated for sure, especially around here. And it's all because a lot of soyboys on this board can't get into the more abrasive vocals.

overrated actually
they suck but everyone my dad's age thinks they're good
portlandia is better than the sweater kitties

I saw them with my gf and we fucked all night after so I like them

You just proved my point

Let me guess, you can't get into the vocals right?

Because musically as a band, they are on the level of Fugazi or Unwound.

It's actually because the board is full of bugmen who can't into non submissive women
And they are absolutely one of the best

Unwound was better. Sleater Kinney were more fun though.

i dont listen to fugazi and never heard of unwound though

This is probably the last truly great punk (or maybe even rock) album, and in many ways is the logical conclusion to the genre, in the same way I think Boris' Heavy Rocks is the logical conclusion to heavy metal. Both use the insane loudness wars clipping as an artistic choice, weirdly enough.

I like most of their albums, especially the 90s stuff. Hot Rock is their 2nd best. I never really liked Carrie though, for someone who writes comedy she seems very humourless in person. But whatever, good guitarist

if you like punk, you should check them out. if you like punk and post rock you should especially check out leaves turn inside you by them.

to me that album has a modest mouse vibe, without the emo-ness

Not even the greatest female-fronted punk band (Dog-Faced Hermans are less pop and more intense and inventive)
GOAT punk group was Minutemen, imo

they're good but holy shit no lol

"Less pop and more intense and inventive" doesn't always mean better. Seriously. What does matter is, "who would I rather listen to". And in most cases that is S-K.

hate this as a critique, but Slater-Kinney is just about the one recognized band it's really true of: all their songs sound exactly the same.

Honestly the claim was hyperbole. But for me personally, Sleater-Kinney, Husker Du & Nomeansno are my favourite punk bands.

Name a better post-hardcore song

youtube.com/watch?v=xgBRjqDE-24
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbU2VLPCRS0

...what?

>portlandia
>still having an opinion

oh ffs

but i don't like punk or post rock anymore (like the people who made it)

Might be

probably not the best punk band
but they are very good
if they werent all female Sup Forums would talk about them 10 times more

>three songs based around rootsy minimalist bass lines with a narrow melodic range, a sort of half-shouting/half-moaning vocal style
>AHA but one of them has a bunch of guitar distortion
look, i like some of their stuff, and they're good lyricists, but this is not an impressive musical act.

Is that true? Or is everyone talking about them BECAUSE they're all girls? I think the balance of these two means they'd be talked about with approximately the same frequency.

No way, they are easily on par, if not better than the all male indie rock bands of the same period (pavement, built to spill, yo la tengo) but are discussed here far less. I think the fact that they're all women adds a diffrent perspective which helps them to be as great as they are, but their acclaim and attention is certainly not some affirmative action initiative, they deserve everything they get and more

Nah, that would be Manic Street Preachers

but they're pretty good

the manics were only anything approaching punk on THB though

Are they more like Fugazi or Unwound?

they're bad - their serious music sounds like her joke music on portlandia and now i can't take it seriously...

Sleater Kinney has some good songs, but The Go-Gos were much better.

Not even a worthwhile comparison

replying to my own post to say
>yo la tengo
>all male
I realized I'm an idiot after the fact

>yo la tengo
>all male
bruh

band sucks discharge is better
nah sleater kinney is soyboy incarnate dumb libcuck

>soyboy
>libcuck