youtube.com/watch?v=2tMQyJCKLcw
youtube.com/watch?v=mxLB6L90aCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jC6F-Yf0dzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because the studiosnignore it and let the writers do whatever they want

It redeemed the prequel story arc.

Quality writing after the first season.
Little outside meddling.
The faith and financial backing of George Lucas.

Enjoy it, it's the last genuinely good thing you're getting out of Star Wars.

Because you're a child who treats Star Wars as a documentary and the Force as power levels. You think that a meaningless war fought between clones and robots is awesome because it's so dense and it has """""""WORLD-BUILDING""""" whatever the fuck that means

pic related is true starkino, a film that examines the importance of Star Wars in our own culture and projects it onto the actual star wars universe to tell a story about legacy and how the next generation must find meaning in themselves instead of living in the shadow of their parents

I really want to like Rebels, but it just feels overtly childish whereas with Clone Wars after S1 and the movie I was able to convince myself it was "family" oriented.

Because aside from the faggoty apprentice character designed to appeal to little babbies they did a lot of stuff that feels very "by fans, for fans" and did a decent job pushing the limits of babby programming in general

you need to be pretty into star wars though still; a normal person will still think you're autismal as fuck and won't enjoy it

>Treating star wars like a documentary
I have always done this. Every piece of star wars media is much more enjoyable if you pretend it actually did happen a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

Also I know you are baiting but Ep7 is actually pretty good

Anyone mind dumping some Webms?

>but Ep7 is actually pretty good
And here we go

The only rebels episodes that are good or the season premiers and Finales. Every episode in between is fucking garbage

the quality of this post dropped pretty goddamn fast after the first line

I am not baiting at all. I am 100% serious and think TFA is a true piece of art that rivals ANH and ESB in quality and I will defend it here forever.

People are just driven to hate it for reasons that exist outside of its own context, i.e. identity politics, le dizney jewz making money from it (star wars has always been a cash cow franchise), or not muh Lucas even though Lucas gets far too much credit for actually creating Star Wars, and the last 3 movies he made were garbage

People who say "hurr durr ripoff of ANH" are making entirely superficial criticisms and are refusing to engage with the movie or what any of the imagery actually means.

I know people bash sites like reddit for deleting posts, but maybe if we did it here occasionally to keep threads from getting off topic this site might be better.

Anybody that thinks Episode 7 is any worse than 6 is a contrarian.

Anybody who thinks its worse than 2 is a straight up retard

I couldn't watch it because the Separatists were such such mustache twirlers.

but there are heroes on both sides

Your only arguments presented to justify your position that it's "art" are that people hate it for political reasons.

I genuinely pity you if you think TFA is any way a competent, well-made, worthwhile movie.

She was better than the cunt Anakin. Like lightyears better.

>plan not really going to plan
>cut to Dooku
>Everything is as you said, my master

This guy was based as fuck though

Daily reminder that everyone loves The Force Awakens besides a small subset of autists and prequelbabbies on the internet and there is N O T H I N G you can do about it

>inb4paidreviews
>inb4disneyshills
>inb4 >rottentomatoes
>inb4 "well people are finally starting to realize it sucks because I deliberately seek out opinions that reinforce my own echochamber!"

So the disney shills leave after 6pm EST right?

Pic related

>didn't get to see boba get his armor
>didn't get to see the Vong
>didn't get to see the smooth transition into RotS which would further help show why anakin disliked the council since they wrongfully accussed Asoka
>didn't get to see the last episode being the clones executing Order 66

TFA is far worse than Return of the Jedi, you pellet-brained simp.

youtube.com/watch?v=Li0vFxbo3sY

This. Also why did they have to make most of the episodes like every fuckin generic kids show on the planet, but with lightsabers? Shit like "... needs to learn how to be a good friend" or "... is too reckless and gets into truble", "... needs to learn how to be polite". Any of you fags saying that this is a good show, I really can't understand why.

Quite honestly I haven't seen it yet but I will try to form my own opinion. A good day to you user.

It has the Aesop in the title but everything is neatly packed. It is a kid's show after all.

thanks for the hot opinion, contrarian

I always preferred Tartakovsky Clone Wars
>That Grievous vs the 5 jedis + clones fight
>That Windu vs everyone episode
>That Grievous chasing Sheev on Coruscant episode
>That one with Kit Fisto with the clone space marines jumping between spaceships
>That one with the underwater battle against Ackbar
good times

because we are desperate for good star wars content. even something mediocre like Clone Wars or TFA gets unanimous praise for just being medicore.

You are being contrarian by posting here and flaunting your opinion that TFA is a good movie, when the majority of anons here think it is not. Fuck off.

it's not. i watched a few episodes randomly on netflix and it was a legitimate 2/10.

Except Sup Forumss opinion IS the contrarian one. Just because the public opinion here is contrarian, doesn't mean I am one for voicing the rest of the worlds opinion

>morals are bad
What did user mean by this?

>Nothing left but ad hominem and shitposting

Great piece of """""art""""" you have there. You sure showed me with those convincing arguments that TFA is something more than a witless, zero-verisimilitude retread of ANH and parts of ESB, with none of the elegant character dynamics, thematic content or homages to Eastern cinema surviving the journey intact. Totally not a bland, predictable, cash-in that rolled off the Disney-Marvel production line into the waiting arms of a Johnny-come-lately general public pissing themselves like an overexcited dog to misappropriate a sense of nostalgia for something they were never actually connected to in the first instance.

Its a mature and gritty show that isnt too heavy handed because its "for kids" but spares no action without going over the top. Ot has memorable characters and settings as well as progression and well defined story arcs
The animation is great and the voice acting is on point
Plus its fun

The Tartakvosky Clone Wars is amazing

>Ventress isn't just an action figure, she's an actual character whose training under Dooku serves to reflect Anakin's own falling closer to the dark side
>Grievous a threatening villain
>actual character development because it's a self-contained narrative that sits neatly between episode 2 and 3
>doesn't shit on the mysticism and nature of the Force like Dave Filoni's autism does
>knows how to properly frame and direct its action instead of just throwing a bunch of random shit onto the screen

youtube.com/watch?v=64-3talVkUA

Seriously, this shit is fucking great.

con·trar·i·an
kənˈtre(ə)rēən,kän-/Submit
noun

opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice.
"the comment came more from a contrarian disposition than moral conviction"

The popular opinion here is that TFA is not a good movie, you are being contrarian, by definition. By flaunting your opinion that is is a good movie. Either you are a Disney shill, or just a fucking retad, i'm going with both.

You can tell there's a new Disney™ Star Wars™ movie coming up, notice the sudden attempt to crack the board's consensus that TFA was in fact a poor facsimile of classic Star Wars?

Fuck off, marketeers.

The ventress anakin under the rain scene is pure kino

It was really good, the cgi version is awful.

I disagree. It's pretty garbage, saved only by novelty.

So he is not allowed to? I head some thing of Sup Forums not being an echo chamber.

Of it's so great why do you need to defend it so badly?

No he is, he is just being a hypocrite calling other people contrarians when he is one.

Anakin is actually a bro that makes his heel turn more tragic than just whiny tantrums
but it also doesn't fit with the prequels

Well said user.

You must be dense, so I will spell it out for you.

The non-contrarian opinion of all audience goers is that TFA is a good movie.

The non-contrarian opinion of Sup Forums, is that it is a BAD movie.

Now you tell me, which do you think is a larger group of people? Sup Forums or the rest of the people that saw episode 7?

Because it was how you wanted to see the prequels. It was how you were supposed to see them.

With a wide range of contributing characters that had depth, nuance and flaws, as well as action that had weight and stakes and lore that always hinted to something bigger and more wondrous just beyond the veil.

Anakin alone was an incredibly complex character. He was competent, reliable and cared so deeply for his friends that he would never give up on them. There were episodes where I was actually ecstatic that he was able to do what others couldn't in order to save the day. But there was always a subtle undercurrent of cockiness and wanting to be control all the time. He had so much trouble letting go and accepting loss, and for a time it helped his determination, but also became his greatest weakness and ultimately led to his downfall.

youtube.com/watch?v=j7b25SGv9dM

This singular connective moment between Assajj and Anakin discussing Ahsoka is more thoughtful and compelling than anything in the entire Prequel Trilogy.

Then there's the scene after, where Anakin confronts Barriss.

youtube.com/watch?v=2tMQyJCKLcw

Note his expression, the way he sounds disarming and calm at first. I've never seen Hayden - a real life fucking actor - approach anything close to that caliber in his portrayal of the character.

as much as i love the 2008 clone wars. I will agree that they really toned down general grevious when he had some really good tension building scenes in the 2003 version.

It made Anakin likable and his fall to the dark side more believable.

>That filename

>everyone loves it so you should too
no user, you are the autists

Because I love cracking the echochamber and exposing self important pseudointellectuals like for what they are

>hurr it was made by a big company and people enjoyed it so I have to shit on it to prove myself as intellectually superior to the normies

I never said Sup Forums wasn't contrarian(which isn't a bad thing btw, notice how shills always try to frame it like it is). I just pointed out that you are one too, by definition. Go ahead and post some more, Get those shiny Disney shekels.

>doesn't shit on the mysticism and nature of the Force like Dave Filoni's autism does

Holy shit that planet when one guy was the dark side, the other chick was the light side and they trasformed into flying animals and stuff. That was way more retarded than anything in the prequels, but sure Filoni's Clone Wars is great.

Lot's of attention to detail. I really like that early scene with Maul where Savage tells him about the Clone Wars, and he mutters that it started without him. Such a small line, but it adds a lot of depth.

>Self important pseudointellectuals

A three-word sentence for any idea too big for Reddit minds.

>TFA is a true piece of art that rivals ANH and ESB in quality and I will defend it here forever
l m a o

>Maul is alive and his brother is named Savage Oppress

God, and people defend this shit?

I loved that interview with the developers of that defunct Darth Maul game and they openly discussed how fucking retarded it was that he came back to life in the Clone Wars and they were deliberately trying to ignore it, lmao

What is it you have a problem with? That maul has a brother? Who cares?

Also those developers are retarded. They thought just because they tried to make a Maul game meant EA would publish it, which obviously was shot right the fuck down. It would be like if some indie studio pitched their mario game to Nintnedo as if they cared

>clones vs droids with exploding jousts
fantastic

>Savage Oppress
>maul is alive
>really SAVAGE FUCKIN OPRESS
>not understanding what the problem is

No it didn't nostalgia fag

>Playing the Star Wars name game
You are acting like Savage is any worse than Maul
Or even Skywalker
Or Dooku

>how the next generation must find meaning in themselves instead of living in the shadow of their parents
>the entire movie is copied from ANH

only kylo ren is like what you said at all

it is so much worse

Here's an idea. Why don't you fuck off and go there

I suppose it's completely fucking coincidence that both Kylo Ren and Rey have daddy issues and live in the shadow of the original trilogy

Rey is the one who finds meaning in herself through Maz's counsel and the love she finds in Han and Finn, Kylo tries to remain attached to the legend of Vader so he kills his dad and it fucks him up so he loses

grievous is just le evil villian that talks a lot and then fails in 2008

he srsly lost to asajj ventress

Not him, but pretended Savage is any worse than Maul or Grievous is ridiculous.

I wonder how many anons read "Savage" as it looks, and not how it's actually said, rhyming with Asajj.

Does his species use their mandibles to show affection? Or do they eat each other like redback spiders?

what filoni did to grevious in his series is unforgivable

this sequence in your video and the one in the crashed droid ship had me fucking terrified of grevious as a kid and even now

perfect

I have no source but I have heard multiple places that nerfing grevious was actually at the request of Lucas

It only makes it worse.

It was, which i found stupid because they could have easily made him a badass than have Mace crush his chest like in the 2d one, which would explain why he fucking sucks in RotS.

I would have liked her more is she had had blue or green skin like a Twi-lek. I would have liked her even more if she was a Twi-lek;like a tiny, cuter version of Shaak-Ti.

Well at least it made it more likable.

Fucking Georgie. Sometimes I miss him other times I get pissed on how much he sucked too

based fucking mace windu

youtube.com/watch?v=mxLB6L90aCQ

>you can feel the broship emanating within only 5 seconds of them speaking

Mellow greetings, Reddit.

>2d clone wars
>speaking
if only

It was best when it focused on the clones.

t.jewjew

umm yummi loli

w e w

>>Ventress isn't just an action figure, she's an actual character whose training under Dooku serves to reflect Anakin's own falling closer to the dark side

Genndy Ventress was a fucking girl Coldsteel the Hedgeheg compared to Filoni Ventress.

she's clearly past puberty. Not a loli.

>it's another padme and senators episode
fuck that shit, I skipped her last story in The Lost Missions but I couldn't take it anymore

The show went on for six seasons. The only way the heroes could survive that long was if Grievous got defeated again and again until his ultimate demise in Return of the Sith.

>instantly thinking of Mission whenever Padme shows up

That last Clovis arc is worth it for the scene where Anakin beats the fucking shit out of him with his bare hands

youtube.com/watch?v=jC6F-Yf0dzo

>it's another droids having adventures episode
that arc with the tiny coronel and the astromecs infiltrating the separatist ship was insufferable