Wow absolute kino

Wow absolute kino

Why does Sup Forums never talk about this

It's been discussed.

I don't have a lot of movies that I'd consider perfect but this joins the ranks of movies that have gotten really close.

>An autist tries to get some revenge
>fails horribly

hits too close to home OP.

kino indeed

idk I forgot what the point of it was

Great beginning and early half but really fizzles hard towards the end.

And then you realize the entire conflict is the result of some cuckolding that was going on.

green room, while certainly not terrible, was a real disappointment after this absolute masterwork

This one is better.

It's Saulnier's best film. I quite liked it, it was one of my favorites from recent years. The main character's revenge arc was quite interesting to observe, since it was from your average person's POV. The lead actor did a great job, and the setting was very mind calming, being followed by good directing.

I'd give it 8/10, one of the best films about revenge and one of the better ones from recent years. I also liked the aspect of the film where the main character is always punished for his stupidity or lack of experience.

I'd recommend it to everyone that likes good slow burners.

/k/ guy was best guy.

He does quite well when they come for him at his sisters house. That scene was tense as fuck.

I was high as a motherfucker when i watched this so I haven't got a clue what happened but I know I liked it

Am i the only person who didn't like the part when he went to they guy to get guns and the gun guy shoot that nigga in the trunk?

DUDE

oh shit I forgot we can't mention being high on Sup Forums any more, I do apologise

How so? Wasn't it (if not more) suspenseful?

You are correct, user

Thankfully I watched Green Room first.

it's about the same as "as a woman, as a mother, as a vet" shit. No one gives a fuck

Dude I'm so high right now

Did I mention I like weed? Because I like weed btw. Let me just make sure you got that.

faggots

The scenes with gunfire were super fucking intense and the sound design was great. It's been a while but i loved it.

yeah dog blaze it

I like weed too user xD

Shut up Jay

weed is for faggots, try some heroin or codeine with your cinema :)

I love this movie. The scene near the end where he's watching them listen to the voicemail is amazing

>yfw this was a kickstarter movie

Who woulda thunk

Absolutely. It's so refreshing to see a character like that, because watching a lot of flicks it feels like you see the same characters over and over. There aren't a lot of roles for a dude like that, and maybe that's a good thing.

I felt the same way about the Denny character in "Love Liza". Anyone ever seen that movie?

No I'm a pleb and I don't usually get to watch a lot of good films.

Green Room is better

>Blue Ruin
7/10

>Green Room
6/10

Agree

Disagree

I never understood if fat fucks purporting to be gulf/iraq war veterans is some sort of running gag or if american army actually accepts morbidly obese into their ranks

But yeah, I liked that character as well. The whole bullet noise thing was a bit confusing though, I can only understand the guy missed the first time.

I watch capeshit while on elephant dose of ketamine. It's a surreal existential nighmare, would recommmend.

you can get fat later in life you know

>Blue Ruin
>Green Room

Why the fuck do people like this shit

My understanding was he was just a dude he knew from school who liked guns and had land.

First shot missed because, he's just a dude who likes guns. Not perfect

Yeah he missed the first shot. Very well done.

A lot of them would get fat after the war. But for people like Tankers, or guys that aren't doing a lot of patrols, they can get quite fat too. If you're eating the high calorie meals that the military feed you, but not walking it off as much, say as an engineer or driver. Then eventually you'll find yourself putting on a lot of weight.

I don't think they say he's a vet though. Just /k/

Yellow Road will be the name of his next film.

now THAT'S how you truly enjoy fine cinema and flicks!

I watched it twice or three times and the flaws started to become apparent as I looked into it more, that said it's still a solid 7.5/8 for me.
There's nothing particularly new about what it does (a lot of its component parts wouldn't feel out of place in Shakespeare) or how it does it, but it's just goddamn enjoyable and absolutely tense as fuck

why didn't the main character fuck his hot sister!!!!??? I would have

fuck off these movies are amazing compared to the shit we get today!

I for one am hyped for Red Rocket

Loved this and liked Green Room. I'm keeping an eye out for Saulnier.

How am I the only one that absolutely hates this movie? It looks like an extended youtube movie. I couldn't take the main guy serious, the police woman in the beginning, that full on digitally shot look, that awful actress they got for the sister, that pathetic shoot out at the sister's house, that wannabe revenge story, the shitty wanna be gritty story, the acting, the hillbillies yelling at the phone..

I fucking hate this movie. I fucking hate. It has an uninspired look, dog shit writing and acting. I feel like it's a meme to act like this movie is incredible and ground breaking.

But I did love Green Room, it was actually good, and the actor from BR in GR was great.

>today
Blue Ruin was 3 years ago and Green Room was last year, these movies are from 'today'

>And then you realize the entire conflict is the result of some cuckolding that was going on.
K I N O
I
N
O

all that tells me is that your new. it's a three-year old movie not an airing tv show. why would people continue to talk about it?

>it's bad and I don't like it! No I don't need to give valid criticism!
>anyone saying they like what I dislike is just pretending

you think anyone with a serious interest in film would think these films are good? The sort of people who rate these films are amazed there are other films other than super hero movies being made.