Taxation without representation? This means war!

>Taxation without representation? This means war!
>Puerto Rico is taxed by the federal government and has no Congressional or Senate representation

Can an American explain the hypocrisy here?

>Puerto Rico

Who fucking cares. We should send all the fence jumpers there.

Taxation wasn't the reason the war broke out
The Intolerable Acts were

Moreover Puerto Rico still retains the right to petition Congress, they just do not have the ability to vote in Congress until both concerned parties pass the necessary legislation to uplift Puerto Rico to statehood

>b-but 50 is such a nice round number, how are we gonna change the flag that we've always had?

Unite ND and SD

They've been talking about it for a while now

Don't forget about DC

>Currently, Puerto Ricans only have to pay federal income taxes on work they've done in the States, and not at home

we offer them the right to a representative and senators every few years, but until recently they said no.

puerto ricans have voted to not become part of the union, they have chosen their position.

personally i think it would be cool to have them as part of the states though.

explain your cunt's resistance to quebecois independence you beaver

>Puerto Rico
DES

>explain your cunt's resistance to quebecois independence you beaver

Taxing and refusing statehood is not the same as giving a minority population of your country the right to grab 20% of its land and fuck off because they think their guttural language makes them unique. This is no different than Mexicans up and deciding Texas is theirs.

Canada also wasn't founded on the idea that Quebec was an independent country, quite the opposite.

the mexicans in texas don't cuck us into retarded language laws

Oh look, a Canadian law expert. Do remind me what retarded laws hurt me so bad? A dual language menu at McDonalds?

>explain your cunt's resistance to quebecois independence you beaver

Canada is 19% French, the US is 18% Hispanic.

Imagine if tomorrow you woke up and there was a Mexican on your news telling Trump

"Hey gringo, no habla ingles, now we're going to take Texas and New Mexico and split. But we also demand that we retain travel and trade rights with the rest of the US. Also we're going to keep the military assets that are here for our own."

Because that's what started in the 80s with Quebec.

>Puerto Rico is taxed by the federal government
It actually isn't but fuck the facts, that's besides the point: I want to give it back to Spain.

>It actually isn't but fuck the facts

Funny, your own .gov government websites say it is, only income tax is exempt and that's not the only federal taxes.

quebec has a french majority, texas has a white majority.

either integrate quebec or set them free. as of right now they only add to canadas pathetic international presence as the rest of the world see how they push you around

He got triggered by
>para espaƱol presione 1. For English press 2

We don't want it anymore. There was no spanglish and reggaeton when we handed it to you in 1898.

As someone who lived in Northern VA, they deserve it.

Puerto Ricans are subhumans and don't deserve anything

>Texas has a white majority
>conveniently leaving out the US declaration that hispanics are white

No that isn't a meme. They don't pay federal income taxes. At all.

They never have.
What would it take to make it happen? Name your price.

Puerto rich doesn't deserve statehood. Alaska and havaiji shouldn't also be part of the club

Alaska's cool. Hawaii should be deported to the south pacific.

Return it in mint condition with no gang culture, spanglish or deapacito. The object of this transaction using "homes" shall be grounds for the lawful termination thereof, whereupon Spain (hereinafter the assignee) shall be entitled to claim for any liabilities arising thereunder from the United States (the assignor) including the deportation of any unreformed elements thereto.

you cant have a state that large. It's rude.

Puerto Ricans aren't people and thus shouldn't be treated like them

>Wanting to get rid of that tourism money Hawaii brings in.
This is why none of you are involved in government.

It's been my childhood dream to have the Dakotas united

You will not steal this from me

I work in government. Everyone hates your state.

>I work in government
>Works as a mailman

Did you mean to quote someone?

They don't pay income tax, which is the real federal tax. In order to be represented they need to become a state.

They're the ones that refuse to vote in their own status referendums.

Fuck no

>conveniently leaving out the US declaration that hispanics are white

wut?

They do vote, but they choose to maintain the status quo. Choosing Independence or statehood would fuck them over.

tip: they had representation and taxes weren't very bad - it was an excuse to break off, just like the dozens of excuse-lies parroted to be able to invade and steal land of neighbouring nations.

I love seeing wh*tey get cucked by superior alpha latinos.
t. CHI

>wh*tey
That is OUR word

How shall we divide up America, my black friend? Obviously we would get the southwest and you would get the south east. Should we split Chicago?

Puerto Rico voted on remain in their current position several times.

Nobody should live in DC.

They didn't care about taxes (which they barely paid anyway) or any of the other excuses. They just wanted to break away, mostly so they could expand westwards.