I don't get it

I don't get it

Riggan Thomson, an actor, kills himself on a beach with lots of jellyfish.

This scene is close to the end of the movie.

He is then stuck in a purgatory, which takes on the form of a play. The play has to be successful in order for Thomson to be freed from purgatory.

Guiding him is the manifestation of a character he has played, Birdman. An angel attempting to help Riggan heal the relationships he failed in his life.

In the end, he manages to do so, and earn his wings and flies away from purgatory.

Nah he molts into the Vulture

Bongo drums the movie

Watch it again once you're middle-aged.

The acting and 'one-take' gimmick were great. The rest.. not so much.

It's Injaritu, I aint gotta explain shit.

Terrible movie and Iñárritu is a hack.
He just tries to hide badly constructed movies with gimmicks

prove it
or atleast tell me what makes you think this

go watch something simpler like BvS

Not an argument

Loved some of the dialogue in this.

>any Norton scene
>him talking to the critic (2nd time)

Me and my friend break into the love is absolute back and forth all the time.

Also "A man becomes a critic when he can not be an artist, in the same way that a man becomes an informer when he cannot be a soldier."

There's nothing to get. No cohesive message, no critical purchase, it's all over the place thematically amounting to very little.

Amazing direction, photography, score, acting etc etc but a muddled script.

Pretty straightforward user

Oh word? Sum it up, if you'd be so kind.

>my friend insists the end would have been better if instead of emma stone smiling it should Riggan lying dead on the concrete

It took me like 3 weeks to stop pacing around the room thinking about how pleb my only friend is.

If your really have to ask stick with capeshit

I think Innaritu implies we should leave something for the world while we have the ability to. Keaton's character is troubled by his previous fame as a superhero being his only contribution to art which he cares about.

He received outside praise for his role though does not see it as substantial or meaningful to him, and separates the reality that he perceives from outside opinions of his work, which manifests itself as his alter ego of birdman that taunts him.

That much I'll stand by.

The following I don't really have as much confidence in.
The gun was loaded unintentionally, and his near death experience gave him a different perspective on life and that he could accept the praise for his previous work without it holding him back. The flying was symbolism of his freedom.

But I'm literally untrained in filmmaking, I'm sure there's a better hyper-articulate analysis somewhere.

>I think Innaritu implies we should leave something for the world while we have the ability to. Keaton's character is troubled by his previous fame as a superhero being his only contribution to art which he cares about.
>He received outside praise for his role though does not see it as substantial or meaningful to him, and separates the reality that he perceives from outside opinions of his work, which manifests itself as his alter ego of birdman that taunts him.

That.... actually makes sense and I appreciate it, good job user.

something about a madman having hallucination of his previous capeshit and thinks oh my god the critics talk but DO YOU FEEL WHAT IT FEELS TO ACT

after having trashed his dressing room numerous times, he decides fuk imma kill myself

He fails at that so he throws himself out of the window--yet oh my god, her junkie daughter does not look down, but up!!!!!

>Mexican directors

then what is the unexpected virtue of ignorance? That you don't know you're dead so you have this deathbed fantasy of patching things up before accepting the inevitable?

Great fucking movie, I LOVED IT.