Serie A

Will it ever be this good again?

it's good right now alberto

>literally every team had a #10 as the best player
No it won't be like this again.

>Pavel Nedved a 10

Fuckin Mancini was more of a 10 for Erikssons Lazio before Veron came in

Batistuta and Ronaldo would like a word with you.

What about Milan?

No. Italy doesn't have the money required to get players of that quality in their teams now outside of Juve. They'd also get hoarded by the likes of Real, Barca and Bayern, which is why I hate current football. The CL is boring as fuck now.

>Fiorentina had a GOAT like Rui Costa
>Zidane was less than a cunt
>Nedved was Ballon D'Or tier
>Parma pretended to be relevant
>Totti pretended to be GOAT better

Those were the days...

a little reminder about the fact that players who were ridiculed in Serie A were the kings of EPL.

Players like Zola or fucking Di Canio were bench players in Italy and literal gods in the UK.
Nowadays Southampton can spend 23 million for fucking NGOG while historical italian teams struggle to buy any decent player.
That said, in the last 10 years we managed to win a WC and to get to a final at the Euros (maybe two if it wasn't for Zaza), which is a better score than England in the last 50 years

i now remember djorkaeff

Why do you think Zola and Di Cani were not played too much in Serie A at the time??

i still like it

Zola and Di Canio played for midtable fodder. They were only 'gods' to their own clubs.

Bergkamp was a Ballon d'Or finalist before Italy, he just didn't fit in at Inter. Henry was wasted as a winger/left back at Juve.

Do I need to bring up Serie A legends like Shevchenko, Veron, Materazzi etc. and how they got on in the PL?

first, Zola was a great player, Di Canio was a mediocre player for 90s Serie A standards.

Zola was sacrified by Ancelotti at parma because he didn't fit his tactics: Sacchi's Milan and NT influenced the whole movement, he was putting lot of emphasis on rigid tactics and classy players like Zola or even Baggio sometimes had troubles fitting into the schemes.

>Both milans are down the shitter
>Juventuswinslol

>in the last 10 years we managed to win a WC
?

No

Shevchenko and Veron came to England after their prime, Materazzi did a single season at Everton if I am not mistaken.

The fact is, our relegation tier teams had Ballon d'Or finalists, like Gheorghe Hagi at Brescia or Paulo Futre at Reggiana. Maradona went from barcelona to Naples, Brazil's number 10 at 1990WC was playing in fucking Cesena lol.
We were right after the economic boom, we were richer, we had the best talents, players of every team in the world would have picked an italian midtable team over any other club in the world.

Now it's all gone

The funny part is that Sacchi played the plane 4-4-2, the same formation that britbongs used to orgasm with it

>after their prime

Veron was 26 when he joined Man Utd and was considered one of the best midfielders in the world. Shevchenko was 29 and was coming off the back of a 30 goal season.

In my opinion Veron didnt fit because of Scholes, the ginger was one of the best midfielders in the world so you needed a more defensive midfielder and Veron wasnt a Vieira, so Roy Keane fit pretty well.

DR PAVEL
I'M JUVE

System, my ass. Sacchi had stacked teams in Milan and the NT. It is easy to look like a genius with those players.

No ;_;7

Sacchi basically invented zonal marking, or at the very least mad it popular. Everyone was man-marking before him, he's one of the few actually rivolutionary managers. He changed drastically pressing and physical training of the teams, he vene was criticized a lot at the beginning.

Can you give me a breakdown on how Erikssons Lazio played and his system, at that tiem i didnt have any channel that had Serie A games.

Napoli are winning next year my friend

and AC Milan are back

>Napoli are winning next year
kek, i mean, i wish, but it wont happen.
i honestly don't remember

I miss Parma

How do you go from this to Higuaín, Valero, Papu Gómez (Atalanta is the new Parma), Biglia, Icardi and Nainggolan in barely a decade?

don't worry, they'll buy half of their matches next season and be back as if nothing happened

Sensini the captain? wtf

Why wtf??

>barely a decade

It's been 2 decades user, those pics are from the late 90s

he didn't play there for a long time

8 years seem a lot for a team with almost no tradition at all at high level

I miss Roby Baggio

>napoli winning
>milan back

kek

>AC Milan are back
yes, back to the tribunal

Shame that Lippi had problems with him and didnt fit Sachis system, he is my favorite player a true fantasista.

>Serie A thread
>No racist bald men posts
wew ragazzi

why nostalgia fags always worship baggio as the greatest footballer ever when irl he was the ibrahimovic of 90's

Papu Gomez a GOAT

>he was the ibrahimovic of 90's

why underage fags always say bullshit

t. triggered niostalgia faggot
just watch his football career
no one is talking about the man

4-4-1-1
Marchegiani
Negro Nesta Mihajlovic Favalli
Conceiçao Mancini Almeyda Nedved
Veron
Vieri

add Marcelo Salas in the scudetto season and based Guerino Gottardi as a jolly

>born too late to watch Baresi at his peak
>born too early to watch Bastoni at his peak
>born just in time to enjoy Paletta at his peak

dank

Did Ibra carry his team to a WC final?

That team was so fucking good.

t. that guy that said the Chinks didn't exist

lel
enjoy getting rammed in the ass by Elliott investments

>t-they don't exist!!!!
>o-ok they do exist but they wont spend!!!!
>o-ok they spent but it's not theyr money!!!!!
keep moving the goalposts

If Sacchi had done that at Reggiana, instead of a stacked Milan team, nobody would remember him.

they won the Uefa Supercup against SAF Man Utd

>money = winning
not that easy my friend

He did that at Parma and that's exactly why he was employed by Milan. He defeated Berlusconi's Milan twice in the same year with his Parma that was in Serie B at the time. Don't talk about things you don't know shit about.

he was implying that Milan will go bankrupt soon
Also yes moey does equal winning, at the very least domestically. See: City, PSG, Chelsea. Real is both the historically most rich and most winning team, what a coincidence!

Damn. I remember watching Serie A as a kiddo during the 90s, most teams were buffed as fuck. Literally the best time to watch and enjoy football.

>PSG
Umm ....... try again sweetie

>went from 2 title in theyr history to 4 consecutive wins
they did win
Also Monaco ha loads of cash pumped in them relatively recently too.

Insigne seems to have improved a lot
I have hopes

i agree but i don't thik it will be enough. They wont buy anyone that that's better than any of theyr starters and Juve will not get worse, or not enought to close the gap.

>in the last 10 years
>managed to win a WC
its 2018 you eejit

lul

>Atalanta next season.webm

Ahhh Roberto Baggio.. the ultimate greasy Italian

he misses too, penalties
ayoooo

>a little reminder about the fact that players who were kings in Serie A were ridiculed in the EPL.

>>Parma pretended to be relevant
>Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Crespo, Veron
goddamn, seria a was stacked back then

not when you spend said money on kessie, andre silva and ricardo rodriguez

Nice how every shirt is made by a different sponsor. Nike was just in the beginning by that time. I miss Diadora in football.

>was made
Fix'd.

Ronaldo did wear a 10 in Inter, IIRC

I love how he seems genuinely baffled by the decision

Veron looks like such a rent boy

>you now remember GOAT Signori, Nakata, Boban, Savicevic and co.

Why football is so shitty now??

When the fuccbois took over it??

i like how Romagnoli goes there to argue with the refree but gives up immediately because that tackle is honestly unexsuable.

we were talking about the 90s you dumbfuck.
also, he clearly wasn't motivated anymore when he got to Chelsea

I just remember Zamorano with the 18 with a plus in the middle because he was asshurt that he couldn't have the 9

>not posting Batistuta

>2006 was ELEVEN years ago
I WANT MY YOUTH BACK

I was just watching some France '98 games for the first time since real time and Djorkaeff balled like crazy, Jacquet's Christmas Tree formation was marvelous, the Karembeu-Deschamps-Petit midfield trio was g.o.a.t. and they had Boghossian and Vieira as their backups.

2006 was 10 years ago?

The tackle is bad, but you can see in the replay that the theatrics afterwards are all just that. He doesn't catch him properly. Should be yellow, no more.

he indeed doesnt hit him hard and the opponents sells it but it was a two footed flying tackle, that's a red even if he doesn't touch him.

things might be changing
new milan ownership looks like it's ready to shell out money

also, both inter and roma's Financial Fair Play review period will be over after June 30th so they should be able to invest more money
also, serie a is going back to having 4 champions league slots which means more money to the top teams

>Inter cucks costing us the Euro

accurate

never trust a merdazzurro

Frickin Balbo, he was damn good on Udinese and Roma.