the full autismo list has been released:

pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-100-best-songs-of-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/7j0cqv/pitchfork_the_100_best_songs_of_2017/
albumoftheyear.org/songs/best/2017/sort-by/lists/
youtube.com/watch?v=_9L3j-lVLwk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>real death only at 14
wow the love of his life literally died in his arms and pitchfork still cucked phil

I'm surprised they would even include it in the list. Sure, it's objectively music but I wouldn't say it compares with anything else on their list.

>From Lorde’s ecstatic emotional cleansing to Frank Ocean’s ode to cycling to Cardi B’s rampaging banger of bangers, these are our picks for the best songs of the year.

Just putting that there so people can know not to even bother.

SAID LITTLE BITCH
YOU CAN'T FUCK WITH ME
IF YOU WANTED TOOOOO

jesus fuck

God why is this generation so fucking pathetic
Why why why

>Another list based on image and how Pitchfork will be seen by the progressive left rather than ranking the artists based on talent

>Label: Game Grumps

this is just sad

Here's the non-black/Jay Som version

3 Lorde “Green Light"
7 King Krule “Dum Surfer”
10 Charli XCX “Boys”
14 Mount Eerie “Real Death”
15 Björk “The Gate”
17 The War on Drugs "Thinking of a Place”
19 Fever Ray “IDK About You”
24 St Vincent "New York"
25 Arca "Desafio"
28 Lana Del Rey - "Love"
30 Carly Rae Jepsen - "Cut to the Feeling"
34 LCD Soundsystem - "How Do You Sleep?"
38. Charlotte Gainsbourg “Deadly Valentine”
41. Priests “Nothing Feels Natural”
42 Lorde - "The Louvre"
44 Fever Ray - "To The Moon and Back
45 Perfume Genius - "Slip Away"
46 Slowdive - "Star Roving"
51. Paramore - Hard Times
54 Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - “An Intention”
55 Fourt Tet - Planet
56 King Krule - Czech One
57 Father John Misty - Total Entertainment Forever
59 Kulie Byrne - Natural Blue
60 Mount Kimbie “Marilyn”
61 Girlpool “123”
62 Julien Baker “Turn Out the Lights”
65 Sheer Mag - Need to Feel Your Love
68 Oneohtrix Point Never - The Pure and the Damned
69 Brian Eno / Kevin Shields - “Only Once Away My Son”
71 Perfume Genius - Die 4 You
72 Haim - Want You Back
73 (Sandy) Alex G - Bobby
76 Kelly Lee Owens - Anxi
78 The xx - On Hold
81 The National - “The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness”
82 Zola Jesus - Siphon
84 Broken Social Scene - Hug of THunder
86 Baths - Dream Daddy
87 Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
88 Hurray for the Riff Raff - Pa'lante
89 Dirty Projectors - Ltitle Bubble
91 CCFX - The One to Wait
98 Charly Bliss - “Percolator”

Out of 100 choices, 8 straight while male led acts. Very progressive!

just out of curiosity which tracks are these specifically

07/56 King Krule - Dum Surfer/ Czech One
17 The War on Drugs "Thinking of a Place”
34 LCD Soundsystem - "How Do You Sleep?"
57 Father John Misty - Total Entertainment Forever
69 Brian Eno / Kevin Shields - “Only Once Away My Son”
81 The National - “The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness”
89 Dirty Projectors - Ltitle Bubble

I apologize, only 7 straight while male led acts on this list

>Dream Daddy
>whoever the fuck SahBabii is, all I know is it's meme rap
>Mask Off and XO TOUR Llif3 in the top 10
>F u c k i n g M a n ' s N o t H o t
>people still take this publication seriously
why

Mans Not Hot is fucking great though. I'd put that in my top 10 unironically.

Jesus Christ this is far worse than I expected

No lie

I'm a Sup Forumstard and this is the best song on the list that I've heard so far.

It's very gay in a good way and better than anything on his album. While a lot of this shitty list is just minorities making garbage subpar/bad music.

>the entire description for Bodak Yellow
who the fuck reads this shit regularly what the hell

So you guys are all done with Pitchfork now, right? Like, DONE done?

so just about half the list is white people. doesn't lend a whole lot of credence to the narrative.

this really guilts my whiteness

I MAKE BLOODY SHOES

i can't believe literally nothing of value was said in all of this text

>13% of US population is black
>56% of P4K's best songs of the year are by black people

Nothing weird here mate

White people simply aren't making music as good as Lil Uzi Vert, Cardi B and Drake.

>the Obama presidency playlist

how much of it is drone music?

Drake IS white though. It's honestly astounding how he managed to make everyone forget that.

Mount Eerie, Calvin Harris, Slowdive, Four Tet, Oneohtrix Point Never, The xx, (Sandy) Alex G, Harry Styles, Broken Social Scene, CCFX

Sup Forums is getting lazy

Considering this list has been up for 2 hours and there's 14 posters in this thread, yeah, P4K's relevance/impact on this board has fucking PLUMMETED since they went full Salon/Jezebel

In say, 2009...this would have hit bump limit twice already.

who gives a shit about the percentage of the US population? look at the percentage of the music industry population.

>56%

pitchfork died the second they got bought by conde nasty and stopped promoting actual cool and hip music and started promoting top 40 rap and pop.
Their status as taste maker is long gone.
Their website looks like an advertisement, their articles read like press releases.
Their journalists look like middle aged balding soy boys or the future cat ladies of america.
The pitch is just out of touch garbage think pieces that are like "guys we need to talk about the inherit whiteness of eating sandwiches" or like "beyonce led the way for todays strong women ya'll"

Like, even if you like rap....fucking bodak yellow? How much did the record company bribe them?

>Four Tet
Half indian.

>Calvin Harris
Song was included because of the two black main features.

>Harry Styles
In tabloids with gay boyfriend

>Slowdive/XX/Broken Social Scene
Mixed male women leads

>Sandy (Alex G)
Pic related is not "white"

>CCFX
Just looked up desu, seems to be two dudes and an ugly dyke looking woman

>Mount Eerie, OPN
Indeed white, I looked at list too quick. Add these two to list

I dont know where else to go other than checking the albumoftheyear monthly release lists, help me out

TheNeedleDrop

oh wow i feel so empowered by this stripper/instathot getting famous. Nevermind all of the brown people with an actual artistic vision, pitchfork let me know that this is what i should aspire towards.

lol go away anthony

italians arent white now?

thanks Sup Forums

now drink clorox

miss the days when there were almost no nigger music on Pitchfork except as a polite afterthought. cant they like create two separate lists or something

inb4 some washed-up writer screencaps this and tweets it as proof that anthony's fans are white supremacists lmao

>pleae do everything for me a bloo bloo bloo

Lol no wonder the elite think the general population are retards

He's Italian?

Alright, he makes this list.

Ugly fuck though, looks like some type of native/hispanic thing. Stupid name too!

quietus

you know there are legitimately criticisms to be made about pitchfork's somewhat faux progressive streak and the fact that while PoC may be more represented in their writing in recent year, they're still extremely very much not represented in their actual writing staff. but no one will ever take you or anything you say seriously when it's clear you're just an angry cosplay nazi retard.

>extremely very much not represented

i have no idea how the fuck i fucked up that sentence so much but you get the idea

Like think about it. Poptamism killed pitchfork. You cant be cool and hip when you are promoting mediocrity that is popular.
Pitchfork are just like every other music website now.
Its just that the absolute retards on mu cling to the ghost of what p4k was.
Modern p4k is no diffrent from the NME, SPIN, or rolling stone.

Even if you didnt like them they used to have guys, personality, taste.

But now its just a promotional outlet for top 40 garbage or tv shows that marketing teams that work for conde nasty think will be hip with the millennials™

>No one will take you seriously

The numbers speak for themselves

The list speaks for itself

Their justification of why their #1 song was their #1 song speaks for itself

People notice, that's why this thread is dead and no one cares anymore besides people like me who like to piss on P4Ks grave

Is "Poptamism" the new way to say "getting paid"?

you should probably realize by now that people who browse Sup Forums is not pitchfork's primary audience.

>good music
>Lil Uzi Vert, Cardi B and Drake
pick one

Reddit is losing their shit over this list right now. Comments include "I am upset that this site that was infamous for making and breaking careers and introducing the world to innovative new artists is towing the line of the status quo." and "If you think that way you're racist also you need to calm down and also I laugh at any legitimate criticism you might offer."
reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/7j0cqv/pitchfork_the_100_best_songs_of_2017/

Yes, capitalism. Consumer capitalism masked as social liberalism.

Its psychotic and the worst thing to have ever happend to music as a whole

thanks for the update fag

Bunch of fucking nu-male retards over there

All trying to express their distaste with refusing to bring up the issue of race as if it has 0 issue at all

>I-I just dont get why they make these choices?!

they arent even picking like alt rap or experimental pop people.
Its straight up just a list of the top 40.
I really hope the extra ad revenue helps them forget about ever having a soul

for what it's worth, it's not just p4k praising bodak yellow this much. it's, by aggregate, the top song of 2017 among critics. do with that what you will.

take a look at who those "critics" are why don't ya

Are they all Conde Nast?

p4k lost its tastemaker status the second it stopped promoting indie and hipster shit, got bought out by conde nasty, and started promoting top 40 pop and pop rap. They embraced mediocrity for extra clicks and in doing so have destroyed their soul and themselves. P4k used to be the place you went to for finding out the new hip bands. Now its the place you go to to find out what tay tay and queen bey are doing.

Rest in piss pitchfork, you used to be cool.

i have no clue i'm not gonna waste my time checking.
but i bet they're including stuff like complex.
So that's how you wind up with those songs on every list

I wouldn't have given a shit if the number one song was DNA or Chanel or anything, but fucking Bodak Yellow seriously? Might as well have just put 21 Savage at #1.

Christ even that N.E.R.D and Rihanna song was better than this.

Conde Noste owns both Pitchfork and Reddit

RLY makes you think

>only 7 out of the top 20 are white artists
oh pitchfork

xo tour llif3 deserves that spot, agree with the rest though

>Drake IS white
i don't know about that

yeah, i dont care if you listen to garbage pop music, but cant there be a place i can go to talk about obscure hipster shit? Poptamists cant stand that people dont want to eat their absolute shit and grin about it.

The totalitarian poptamist wants you to have fun OR ELSE.

You arent allowed to be critical, have taste, want art and depth.

Just keep eating the steaming pile of corporate shit on the table. Dont complain you neckbeard!!!!

Why are so many publications shilling Lorde?

Bodak Yellow is the Hilary Clinton of Songs of the Year.

that's retarded

>No Lil Peep in top 10

They honestly fucked up non ironically

yeah i looked at consequence of sound's list and they had it at #1. I thought they were at least a little better than stuff like complex.

the fuck does that even mean?

>Its just that the absolute retards on mu cling to the ghost of what p4k was.
not a single fucking person here takes pitchfork seriously, not since like fucking 2012 at the max. it's just fun to see their quality degrade as the years go on.
i think the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people was last year's AOTY list. longtime Sup Forums favorites like radiohead and kanye snubbed for... solange? really? i haven't seen a pitchfork general since then, because i think even the last dregs of unironic p4k readers hopped ship after that.
does anyone know when this year's AOTY list is coming out?

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if all the music review websites are agreeing to promote non white-male music this year as a form of united resistance. What other explanation could there be for the popular lists even being exponentially more shitty than usual?

this string of words has so little meaning that it may as well have been randomly generated

Journolists working behind the scenes to push agendas is hardly new so I wouldn't put it past them.

>young thug's "wyclef jean" music video only placed ninth on their music video list
fuck this stupid website. find me a better music video from this year, i fucking dare you.
youtube.com/watch?v=_9L3j-lVLwk

Reminder that Carles called this back in 2010

so what website is going to be the cool new website?
I think there is a market for the lost hipsters p4k has abandoned. Someone could make a website for them and become the new cool kids.

subhuman wh*Tes CANNOT compete

>no reader's survey this year
i think they only published two, but they went against the agenda (like naming TPAB the most overrated album of 2015) so they had to be stopped, apparently.

the hipster used to value the cool and obscure, then it warped into this weird deformed bizzaro version of itself that likes pop music and being a normie. corporate really did a number on the hipster. I dont think grunge even got it that bad. These are dark times.

Their best reader poll was when Yeezus topped all of the best, worst, overrated and underrated albums polls.

>then it warped into this weird deformed bizzaro version of itself that likes pop music and being a normie.
there's absolutely nothing more infuriating to me than these bugmen hack "journalists" trying to peddle top 40 shit to me that i'm supposed to like ironically if i wanna be like the cool kids.

dna is a great song tho

yeah, i noticed this a couple weeks ago lol
i would've loved seeing damn top that overrated list, too bad this site doesn't have a fucking spine anymore

P4K is so diff than all the other lists!

>Cardi B is not just a rapper; she’s everything we needed, just when we needed it. And “Bodak Yellow” is not just the banger of the year; it’s an unignorable antithesis to a political landscape built around xenophobia, racism, and sexism.

American brain

did you know, the average american only uses 56% of their brains?

Will /ourguy/ BIG ARCH be able to take the AOTY spot, and restore the rap/indie cycle, or will pitchfork continue to be the champion of shit and give it to DAMN? Find out later this week, on /p4k/.

the ooz is a disjointed mess though
if it was six feet he might have a chance

the best music of the last few years has been made by black people

t.

I don't disagree that six feet beneath the moon is better than the ooz, but they gave the ooz BNM and 6 feet got like a 7.
You just need to remember that the quality of the music has almost no bearing on where an artist is place on a pitchfork list.

he'd probably be a 6.6/10 if he lost a ton of weight, kinda looks like how gabe newell is now.

Gabe newell used to look like a fucking chad

t.

Its not like lil uzi vert and cardi b make best music

what the fuck