What does Sup Forums think of this show?

What does Sup Forums think of this show?

Why does everyone have such a hard on for this series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcMk85ZsBh0
youtube.com/watch?v=__Yqedxr3Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=vfsxulvZ88M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It will be what I show my non existent kids to introduce them to WW2. An interest in the war runs deep in my family and BoB is one of the best hollywood depictions of the it.

I literally just finished it. When the German general is talking to his men after surrendering, is one of the best things I've seen in any World War 2 series. Really humanized both sides.
youtube.com/watch?v=VcMk85ZsBh0

tbqh it really made me feel for the Germans. I kinda wished they would have won. It's a shame that Germany lost so much clay that they conquered. They should have kept some of it.

Imagine if they showed Berlin where the Soviets were rampaging and raping throughout the city. War is Hell. Also, I liked learning about how some Americans went to fight for the Germans. It was a great series that chose authenticity over Hollywoodification.

>some Americans went to fight for the Germans
That scene was really good. The way those two learned that they were home so close to each-other and yet on rival sides in the war. Then all of a sudden that guy came and gave them cigarettes and then shoot all of them except one. Imagine being that one guy

Wasn't it Speirs that shot them? That's why everyone turned him down when he offered them smokes

i used to like it, but i just can't watch it anymore, it's just too romanticized. it makes me feel like i'm watching fucking propaganda.

Yes, that scene made him a legend among his gays.

I think it was trying to do that. When they interviewed the veterans at the start of episode 1, they pretty much said it was a different time. If your country was at war, you went to war. Simple as that. In episode 9, one of the veteran members of the group tells a fresh replacement that there's nothing fun about war. It's weird, it was a nice blend of romanticism and cynicism.

from what I remember it wasn't that politicized, some of the battle scenes are terrible though

On another note, has anyone seen The Pacific? I heard it was good but not as good as BoB.

it's pretty good, much less of a happy view on war when compared to Brothers. There are some really fucked up scenes. Certain episodes and characters are meh, but overall I liked it.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'll give it a watch then.

Band of Brothers >>>>>> Pacific > shit > Generation "nothing happens and bland characters" Kill

I loved it as a teenager, but I've not watched it since then. It isn't on Bong Netflix and I don't want to download it (assuming every torrent site is blocked by our Nanny State) it sucks.

generation kill is fine dude
it's just war that's not the same

band of brothers has the most generic bland characters out of the three of this series....

what a pleb

just go on putlocker.ch
quality isn't always good thought

GOAT is what it factually is

yeah sure after razing half of eastern europe they should keep it

its not on american netflix either, it's an hbo miniseries

That's what I meant. We don't get Hulu over here or whatever.

What did baby boomers who also overturned racial segregation in america with the help of jewish lawyers shortly after WW2 mean by this

Was this the last series to not feature any asian or black actors?

It appeals to patriots and war buffs. Some of the battles are done well and are pretty interesting, and some of them are pretty mediocre. It probably is overhyped in general but it's still worth watching, and if you are one of those people who loves the patriotism meme then you should definitely watch it.

Is this worth the watch?

youtube.com/watch?v=__Yqedxr3Ng

Pleb taste, I like Pacific and BoB, but Generation Kill is 10 times better than both. The characters are much more interesting and real, it's true kino.

WW2 MUST be romanticized for the American public otherwise the interventionism will cease. The only reason Americans think that they can intervene in the Middle East is because they see themselves as a force of good in the world.

Also the Jews use the holohoax as a crux to support everything from racial egalitarianism, hate speech laws and support for Israel.

If you don't support a war with Ho Chi Minh/Saddam/Bin Laden, you're suddenly Chamberlain and it's 1938.

It's one of the few very high quality ww2 SHOWS.

In regards to the quality: Winters is absolutely amazing, and the performances all around are pretty decent. It does some light LIGHT touching on american war crimes and the humanness of the enemy they were fighting. That unfortunately is both one of its strong points and weak points. Strong because it's rare in something made for mass consumption, and weak because, well, it's not a very good exploration.

I give it a 7.5/10

>Chamberlain

Was merely delaying the war so Britain could rearm. Why are people so retarded? They knew war was inevitable. Furthermore, technically, war with UK and France would have been avoided had Hitler not invaded Poland.

I must say, the Russians made an impressive comeback from the brink in WW2. From the Nazis being around 40 miles from Moscow, they fought back all the way to Berlin and won.

Why no Hollywood movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=vfsxulvZ88M

They're not speaking American, traitor.

Fury was much more realistic in its depiction of war.

I think Chamberlain was genuinely for peace. He knew what would happen if the UK had to go to war for a second time, which is complete subservience to the United States.

If Britain had built up it's army, mechanized everything and utilized deep war tactics it had a great chance of winning the war with Germany outright in 1939 and 1940.

It's fucking weird he died so soon after relinquishing control to Churchill.

Because the Soviets opposed the Zionists after the war. It's arguable that Stalin was killed by Jews as well.

I never watched Fury because now that I'm older I realize what America was up against on the western front and that the war was pretty much over in 1942, so the American dick waiving films just make me cringe.

I think Hollywood would have a hard time getting normal Americans to cheer for communists, even if they are killing Germans.

Funnily enough, 1v1 between Britain and Germany would have been very close even in 1939. Only advantage the Germans had was attack aircraft and faster tanks.

France is the only reason the war didn't end in 1940.

>so the American dick waiving films just make me cringe.

But that's why Fury is so good, because there's no American dick-waving in it.

Good goy: the show

Isn't Fury about a tank crew that "bravely" plunges into enemy territory. In like 194 fucking 5?

The audience wouldn't consider it very heroic to see millions of Russian youngsters getting slaughtered and then seeing the Russians return the favor to the Germans on their way to Berlin.

>Isn't Fury about a tank crew that "bravely" plunges into enemy territory. In like 194 fucking 5?
No.

Materially Germany was inferior, it was their tactics that BTFO'd France and Britain.

Most of the German tanks invading France were the Panzer II, which are little more than training tanks.

Did you even watch the last act of Fury

Buy a dvd you cheapskate bastard

How was Enemy at the gates received in the US?

I think it's human dick-waving at that point. Remember, one of them is a Mexican.

It was received well but remember:

1. It was an English language film.

2. Everyone spoke with a British accent.

3. The film was highly critical of the Soviet system.

4. It perpetrated the myth of the holohoax.

5. How could MiB be in both Westworld and EasternFrontWorld at the same time? It makes no sense.

I can get what you're saying, it still seems to have the same kind of shit

Bullshit, it's multiculturalist dickwaving against a racially homogeneous nationalist foe.

Nothing to do with tactics, to do with the fact France lied about how poorly equipped and supplied they were and how their airforce was completely shit, meaning British aircraft struggled to defend against superior German attack craft.

Not to mention France guaranteed that they could not get through the forests. Which was a lie.

I used to buy cigarettes that I know nobody liked so that people wouldn't bum them, but shooting a whole bunch of POWs is a great idea too.

>Nothing to do with tactics, to do with the fact France lied about how poorly equipped and supplied they were

The French were neither of those things. They were a legitimate world power up until that point and they had plenty of good tanks and lots of equipment.

They saw the tanks as infantry support though, and they weren't concentrated. The cream of the crop was hiding in a bunker or got baited into the low countries with the diversion. By the time they realized what had happened Germany was on the coast and Britain was withdrawing.

Germany had air supremacy too, which is no small thing.

When they offer the American who was stuck fighting with the Germans the cigarette and shoot him right after made me sad as fuck and he was on screen for less than a minute

This is one of those shows that I watch every Winter. It's just so damn comfy.

>easternfrontworld

Yes please.

Would you take the shot?

I remember it being pretty good, but didn't like the acting

france waited several weeks
they could have attacked and the war would have turned differently but popular opinion was no more war and we had to use the whole bunker line too

>watching Winters during winter

Who would have thought that Hardy would make the best career out of all of them. And he was is like 4 episodes. While Lewis was in all of them and he's only known as Brody the guy who fucks that spastic chick from Homeland

Yeah, too much adrenaline at that point to do otherwise

I get why they changed this part of the battle (muh combat fatigue) but it still annoys me

What actually happened was Winters and that German both threw a grenade at each other and dived to cover. But Winters realised he hadn't removed the duct tape he wrapped around his (you see him doing it while Perconte is playing with his dog) So when the Germans grenade landed near him, he jumped up onto the road away from it, shot the cowering German, then opened up onto the rest of the company

Should also note Winters had both his machine guns giving suppression fire the entire time, that's why they didn't immediately shoot him.

There are a lot of changes made through out the series, but they get pretty damn close and a lot more right than wrong