>tfw Sup Forums used to be my home on the internet
>tfw Sup Forums used to be a comfy community
>tfw now I cant stay on this board for more than an hour before getting bored

What the hell happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-31868491
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You grew up. This is a good thing.

If this is what growing up is like I can understand why people here chose to be children
I miss Sup Forums

tfw you will never experience mass barbosa posting again

>tfw you will never bully FWG with the lads again
TAKE ME BACK Sup Forums

Over moderation and the arrest of the Sheikh

Now it's just general threads

Generals and Sup Forums happened. I too miss the old Sup Forums...

the fucking sheikh. I remember
Man those were the days
RIP Al Britani
What was his name, Alexander?
Is he still in prison?

it is. i feel the same. its time to get closer to normies. lets make a twitter, instagram, facebook account. or you might as well move to bantz. i dont know about the board at all tho

I remember he got a very light sentence(after spending months in jail awaiting trial) because the judge ruled he was just an autist and not a terrorist

>tfw you unironically learned so much shit about the world and its history via Sup Forums shitposting and when people ask you how you know so much you can never look them in the eye and say "Sup Forums"

Thank you bros

>lets make a twitter, instagram, facebook account.
It will never be the same though
Sup Forums had this golden mix of anonimity and community where people fucking hated each other in one thread but were best friends in the other
It was unique and we can never get it back

F

I really did learn a lot here, now it feels dead

>user how do you know what HDI is?
>user how do you know where every country is on the map?
>user why can you recognise so many languages?
my response was always something like
>uhh i read a lot i guess
no i fucking didnt

>how do you know almost every country's flag?

remember riley and his copypastas about white americans?

miss them Sup Forums

yeah that too

I had a couple of hiccups once in a while and nearly forgot that normies dislike racism for the bants
>tfw nearly called someone a chink, jap or paki on multiple occasions

>because the judge ruled he was just an autist
enlighten me fampai

Sup Forums got the trianon treatment
>Split between (4+4)chan /his/ and /bant/
Too many divisions in a board based on uniting divisions

did someone say copy pasta? also checked them trips

>be me, American
>European cousin coming to visit
>excited to show him what my country has to offer
>waiting for him at the train station
>he arrives, draped in a burned, feces-smeared American flag
>I greet him and ask about his clothing choice
>He replied
>”Murrifats. Culture.”
>”E-excuse me?”
>”Murrifats. White”
>I ask him what a Murrifat is.
>He begins obnoxiously clapping in my face, as if he’s referring to something I’m supposed to understand
>I shrug it off
>He asks where my mobility scooter is
>Inform him that I don’t use one
>A look of utter confusion comes across his face
>Take him on a tour of my hometown
>Entire time, he has a disgusted scowl on his face
>Asks me why there aren’t poor people dying in the streets and gunfights around every corner
>I tell him I don’t understand
>”Murrifats. In charge of speaking English”
>We get to war memorial at park
>He spits on it
>I tell him how rude that is
>He begins bleating on about American imperialism and how the Soviet Union were the true liberators of Europe and Asia
>He then starts clapping in my face obnoxiously again. I still don’t understand what he’s referring to, but he evidently thinks it’s hysterical

(to be continued…)

>Feeling uncomfortable, I decide to take him to get food
>Small sandwich shop everyone in town loves
>He orders first
>”Where are the burger?”
>Old lady behind counter looks confused
>I explain that he’s from Europe
>She asks which country and he reluctantly answers
>”Oh yes, that’s a beautiful country” she replies, “That’s where my family came from”
>I see blood vessels bulging on the back of his neck, beads of sweat forming at his hair line. He’s breathing heavily.
>He slowly leans into the old woman’s face and without warning screams “MUH HERITAGE!” at the top of his lungs
>Starts furiously clapping in her face
>I have to restrain and pull him back. I apologize to the old woman
>Visibly shaken, she meekly replies “H-have a nice d-day”
>This comment only seems to make him angrier
>Our food arrives and we initially eat in silence
>”Fatty” he says, ostensibly addressing me, despite my relatively low BMI, “where is Albania?”
>He has an incredibly smug look on his face
>”Albania? It’s a tiny country across the Adriatic sea from Italy, south of Serbia and Montenegro, north of Greece”
>The color drains from his face
>His expression is now one of extreme distress and paranoia
>”M-murrifats. Education” he replies, sheepishly
>I still don’t understand what a Murrifat is

(to be continued…)

On the whole guy or just the trial

>Decide to smooth things over, ask him if he’d like a beer afterwards
>”Murrifat beer. Pisswater. Pick both” he replies
>I continue
>”I know the stereotype about American pale lager, but things have changed a lot in the last 20 years. There’s an excellent ale I know of that’s produced by a local brewery just down the street”
>My cousin goes completely stoic
>I instantly realize that I must have crossed some sort of line
>He just sits there for a minute, occasionally twitching
>It’s almost as if his brain has been overloaded
>He drops to the floor and begins writhing
>I’m about to get help when suddenly he leaps back up to his feet and takes in the largest breath of air I’ve ever seen
>”MUUUUUUH MICROBREEEEEEEWS!”
>restaurant windows shatter
>my eardrums nearly rupture
>He is now ripping off his clothes and shrieking
>Old lady behind register is going for phone
>He promptly shits into his hand and chucks it at her, knocking her off of her feet
>He leaps out the window, still in the throes of defecation
>Police arrive
>Yell at him to surrender
>He lunges at them, grabbing one officer and mauling his face
>Grabs disabled officer’s gun and starts to raise it
>Other officer fires, hitting him in the chest
>My cousin falls to the ground
>I rush over
>He’s barely clinging to life
>I ask him why he did it
>He motions me closer
>”Be Murrifat…” he begins with his last dying breath, coughing up blood
>”…Get shot”
>Falls to the ground, lifeless

same here tbqh pham

classic

the whole guy
i only discovered Sup Forums after Sup Forums was flooded last year

to think a tripwhore made an australian HACK Sup Forums

he saved Sup Forums

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-31868491

A legend amongst men

user DELIVERED
HOLY FUCK
user FUCKING DELIVERED

>he saved Sup Forums
thats when Sup Forums started to decline though
It attracted more reddit pol and normies here and killed our "board culture"

what

best kek in years
thanks lad

>user does *
>user did *

it's reddit tongue, that's how they say they saw something cool on Sup Forums

>/bant/

Generals ruined Sup Forums. This is supposed to be a place where we relentlessly shit on other people's cultures and countries but some little babies couldn't handle it so they retreated into generals to talk about taking a shit or jacking off or w/e.

I wish I had never found Sup Forums...

follow up:
Im pretty sure some anons mailed a printed picture of a smug pepe to him after this happened and someone found his sister and started messaging her how they need to "find comfort in each other during this difficult time"

Generals werent that bad, some top tier shit came out of autistic generals (/brit/ meetup)

He was a well off lad who lived with his parents on the British Isle of Jersey

He was a full time ISIS roleplayer who would derail every thread on the board by preaching fundamentalist Muslim values and talking about how the west should die, he made something like 5000 posts per 4 months or some absurd number like that

He posted the bomb making guide from the Al Qaeda magazine, said he was going to join ISIS and kill the American president, and he once reported a Saudi Arabian user for being atheist which got his house searched by religious police
Eventually people got sick of him and reported him to the authorities, and they actually arrested him because possession of the Al Qaeda magazine is a crime in itself. It was a huge story in the small island of Jersey, and it was revealed that the Sheikh was just some autistic kid with too much time on his hands

The whole thing, including his trial, was hilarious

It all started when the Italians started exclusively posting in their general

tell me about it
>i'll only lurk
>oh but this is too funny not to respond to
>oh damn these ylyls are funny
>Sup Forums? that's where the nazis are right?
>3 years later
>WHY ARE THERE SO MANY REDDITURDS FUCK YOUR MAGA
>i wonder what the other boards are doing
>tfw i have a folder of animu reaction pics
>tfw i have a pepe reaction folder
>tfw i have a wojak reaction folder
>tfw this place sucked me in and i won't let myself out

>TFW went from /fit/ as a main board to Sup Forums then Sup Forums

>TFW haven't learned a thing from Sup Forums in years, don't even enjoy it anymore

the decline of Sup Forums is because of abandoning of the traditional entry rituals, like the way you found Sup Forums

It used to be like this:
>You find out about Sup Forums, which at that point is synonymous with Sup Forums
>You spend some time on Sup Forums and get desensitize to the worst instances of shitposting
>You begin to get bored of it, you expand into other boards and eventually leave the cancer behind you
>Training complete

But now its:
>See funny thread on reddit OR hear about wacky Sup Forums exploits
>Show up for the memes
>Clog up boards with normie trash
Prove me wrong

Gondola threads used to be my fav part of Sup Forums

Is it wrong that I actually like normies

Nothing wrong with normies themselves, but their negative effect on the "culture" and "identity" of Sup Forums are undeniable

>>You find out about Sup Forums, which at that point is synonymous with Sup Forums
>>You spend some time on Sup Forums and get desensitize to the worst instances of shitposting
>>You begin to get bored of it, you expand into other boards and eventually leave the cancer behind you
>>Training complete
pretty much what happened to me
i heard of Sup Forums from reddit memes tho
do people really normiepost that much?no
they are normal for a reason
if naything you still have a chance at a nromal life

If anything is a negative effect it's the r9k "woe is me" bullshit that's grown like a cancer over the years. It's now at a boiling point with dozens of crying frog or cancerdude threads on pretty much every board.

R9kposting is the only thing that always triggers me. Anyone else?

the generals are purified board killing cancer. if you filter them you get a facsimile of old int

r9k posting grew out of proportion because of increased normie posting
Its how equilibriums work, opposite sides will always move to oppose the sides that oppose them
if that makes sense

I don't really understand what "normieposting" is suppose to mean. Like people who aren't suicidally depressed neets?

its like this
>Sup Forums attracted people who were shunned by society (for multiple reasons)
>They make a community based on that and can sympathise in their misery
>Like any echo chamber, they develop a hatred to the people they envy/are opposed to (reee normies, eliot rodger tier womanhating)
>Their goofy exploits attract normies
>They are now face to face with their worst nightmare, the one thing they had being taken away by people they hate the most
>The hate grows
>Funny memes ensure
>Memes attract more normies
>Repeat

That was always a select few though, it was never a "community" of that. I think wizardchan or uboachan's /neet/ is the more appropriate place.

Really it's just a small but vocal minority shitting every board up daily and pushing away constructive posters

I came to Sup Forums JUST after this happened. Christ, I wish I could have been here to see it.

>constructive posters
Hahaha what the fuck are you talking about?

>That was always a select few though
Bullshit. I'm old enough to remember how the internet was like 13 years ago and everyone was, at the very least, slighly autistic and into weird stuff. Then social media and smartphones came out and everything went to shit, it's the eternal september all over again.

I wish Sup Forums banter was normal and acceptable.
Imagine if they used Sup Forums banter in the UN and G20 meetings.

>americans talking about banter again

>Old enough to know how the internet was 13 years ago
>STILL posts on Sup Forums

That is incredibly pathetic. How fucking old are you dude?must be nearing 30 by now.

Sure is chinky in here...

They are pretty shot nowadays though. IMO, we should limit generals to language generals such as the Japanese one but for other languages.

Sup Forumstards arent normies, they're just the only ones on this site that get attention.

This meme stopped being popular

>That is incredibly pathetic.
Exactly.

What do you even get from this website? Why would you be here so long

It was never popular outside of Sup Forums wasn't it?

Because I was shunned by society you fucking normie reeeee etc

/his/ was the first nail, /bant/ may be the second, I'm not sure i've never been on it.

no it seems

No, a lot of them are fedora-tier autists and faggots. On this site's Sup Forums anyway.

Sup Forums ruined this site. It was cancer before 2014, but it was benign. After it got flooded by g*mergate resistors in 2014 it became malignant. The only way for any board here to be salvaged is if Sup Forums is nuked. In other words, Sup Forums must die so Sup Forums can live.

its somewhat popular on Sup Forums

They were posting it on Sup Forums as well from what I understand.

Sup Forums is an overflowing dam. It's gone, other boards will be flooded to shit. Sup Forums will take one of the bigger hits.

Is browsing Sup Forums not reading?
It's just reading retarded drivel rather than something somebody was willing to pay to publish.

You've still read a lot of it

>feel all night sleep all day aussie is gone
>cococunt is gone
>yohiofag canadian is gone
>FWG got BTFO'd out of Sup Forums
>the Sheikh got BTFO'd out of Sup Forums
>chubak is gone
>riley is gone
>strawboss is gone
>shower finland autist is gone
>buspass palestine poster is gone
>that janitor who kept banning israel is long gone
>ywn collect rare flags for the first time again
>that thrill when half of the world flags still never posted on Sup Forums
>there used to be only a few generals, 10 at best
>now there's 60+ generals every day

take me back

Who is FWG

Fucking /bant/ happened. Every fun thread gets moved there now and it drained us of the Sup Forumsian spirit. Delete /bant/ and we can have our board back and have it be less dead and have there be less generals.

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking, first making /his/, then /bant/, it's like they actually want to just destroy this board.

It's like street smarts vs book smarts. Here you don't get the benefits of actually reading, but you have the knowledge, absorbed by osmosis.

>who is FWG
French Weeaboo Girl (FWG) was a notorious attentionwhore tripfag that forced herself into every thread and somehow built up a semi ironic following of NEETs that would follow worship and defend her every move
Her ego reached critical mass and eventually an autistic australian hacked into moots admin panel and doxxed + exposed her (she would reply to her own posts bullying herself for attention) this caused her to leave forever and moot was never the same again, this stunt got Sup Forums a lot of infamy back in the day

Anons using the term "normies" is a clear indicator that they are tryhard normalfag trash trying to fit in.
Lurk for two years before posting. That is the only prerequisite.

I'm here since 2010 (still a newfag desu)
I only used the term "normies" because he did and I wanted them to know I was referring to the group he designated for disussion

Is that assburger enough for you? Or am I still a tryhard normalfag

Fug that sounds hilarious. Why are there no good namefags anymore? Also, by good, I just mean well known. Did they all get doxxed?

They faded into obscurity, Sup Forums still has a strong tripfag presence

/his/ is actually a good board but i agree /bant/ is useless and mod deleted the fun thread too quickly.

>/his/ is actually a good board
Does /his/ fear the Sup Forums warrior?
/his/ is a mismanaged shithole full of autistic germanboo circlejerks autistic amounts of historical revisionism and a pathetic pseudo intellectual "community" of elitists that in reality know either absolutely fucking nothing or the bare minimum sourced from respective wikipedia footnote sources

Generals were a mistake. I hardly come here anymore but Sup Forums let me find my love for international relations and cultural geography unironically. I rember a kid In my high school couldn't find Australia on the map.

>13 years ago was 2004
>legal posters were 5 at the time
just murder me senpai

thank god, this is where theyre safe

presses F for poo in loo

Did he really ban /mlp/? If he had banned Sup Forums as well he might be better at running the site than real moot.

1. redditors
2. butthurt teenagers
3. butthurt diaspora
4. people who can't handle banter
5. people who don't understand what banter is
6. kc tier posters

I still think Sup Forums is the best board out there, its just filled with normies and we normies aren't as funny as autists that used to occupy this board

dumping some of my Sup Forums folder