She's the one who should have to apologize

She's the one who should have to apologize.

I'd drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to let Josh Homme kick me in the face.

it reads like a copypasta we made about josh. i didn't realize he was still so rock n roll

WHO FUCKING CARES

Toxic masculinity at its finest

We need more of this sort of thing in rock.

we need more good music in rock

I want him to fucc my boicpucci

Well don't blame QOTSA for that.

all men should eat 2 lb. of tofu and 1 lb. of candy everyday after they get their vasectomy at the tender age of 6

this is kinda why rock is dying. in the golden age of rock, you'd have drugged up frontmen doing crazy shit like this on stage all the time. nowadays you can't have an extreme personality without harming a bunch of delicate snowflakes. the world has just become too soft for rock.

t. Josh Homme

I agree, but it's not just the rockstar persona itself (or lack thereof) that's ruining rock. To be honest, there's only so many ways to play some heavy, distorted lick and protrude to the world your inner "anger" using as much cryptic clichés as possible before it just gets all muddled and repetitive. That's the whole problem; rock in general has now exhausted its course.

Agreed, Homme should not have apologized, that kick was pretty funny and pretty rockstarish of him

Thats not what rock is and the reason why for example estreme metal is a pisspoor joke.

Its not about aggressiveness, its about freedom. Freedom to be loud or soft. Not hard, but wild. Something nuRockers will never understand.

Black Sabbath played infront of a giant rainbow setpiece once. And they played the hardest music known to man at that time. Thats freedom. To not be held back by anything.

But let's face it; after Nevermind popularized Alternative Rock/Grunge and established it as the dominant genres of rock music, its inherent creativity has just stagnated.

Because it became self-indulgent emo trash. No one wants to hear about you digging your own grave. There is no value in giving up. Thats why grunge died and punk won.

That's exactly my point, though. For every band like Radiohead, Wilco and Modest Mouse, there were hundreds of post-grunge, pop punk and nu metal bands that couldn't even attempt to be in any way original or innovative, or at the very least just create decent music.

>going to hospital over a black eye

l e l
e
l

That shit was so rock and roll as fuck.That stupid bitch should of gotten beaten for being such a whiny cunt. But people are making her out like she is some kind of hero for suing Josh homme.you reddit faggots have really gone gayer then the aids walk you created

K.

Hope you enjoy being murdered for existing.

video?

You shouldn't kick people in the head really. Lads?

>I was taking photos of Josh Homme at a gig in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to shoot him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask for a selfie with him or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and started carving a knife into his face. I moved further into the crowd and continued with my photography, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came back to the barrier to shoot the band up front I saw him walking up to the front of the stage and started to shout abuse at the crowd, calling them "retards" and telling everyone to "fuck Muse".
>The bouncer was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to sober up.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear him, but eventually turned back around.
When the bouncer wasn't looking, he ran over to me and kicked the camera into my face, “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word.

>fuck muse

Not all heroes wear capes

please don't remind me that all these dumb journalism grads actually write like this

the plot thickens.

>doing her job
Going to a concert with a camera that your parents/desperate guys on the internet bought you is a job? Shit, must be nice.

Ever heard of freedom of press?

Yea, that doesn’t really have anything to do with what we’re talking about.

Reporting is a job, idiot. And so is photography.

man, nobody would bat an eye if this happened at a punk/metal show. it's just because they're a popular band and the populace has become overly-sensitive, entitled and whiney cunts. aggressive music should be aggressive. violent music should be violent. that's the point. if you don't like it then go see fucking mumford and sons or passion pit

And so we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector.

So you don’t know what freedom of press is. Okay.

what kind of response did you expect on Sup Forums

Does this actually happen as often as you are acting like it does? Performers self-harming onstage is really common. Audience members self-harming and harming other audience members is really common... but I feel like performers harming audience members was never really considered acceptable by anyone

Ever heard of having friends?

>the populace has become overly-sensitive, entitled and whiney cunts
Is that why Sup Forums is full of threads about this with whiney people like you complaining that everyone else is whiney? No one ever seems to understand they are as much a part of the problem than the imaginary people they are criticising.

You should see /r9k/. It's full of shit like that.

>performers harming audience members was never really considered acceptable by anyone
how many punk/metal shows have you ever actually been to? i've seen band members jump offstage and crowdkill all the time. also, darby crash used to throw glass bottles at people. gg allin threw his own shit at people. the dude from boredomes literally demolished the stage with a bulldozer

>No one ever seems to understand they are as much a part of the problem than the imaginary people they are criticising
i'm only whining because this bitch is whining. and she's going to destroy the career of one of the only quality rock bands making music today.

what is cause and effect

>i'm only whining because this bitch is whining
it's almost like getting kicked in the face is a good reason to complain

this

>it's almost like getting kicked in the face is a good reason to complain
my entire point is that in this context, it isn't. see my original post

Not the world, just white america

>man, nobody would bat an eye if this happened at a punk/metal show
maybe true at one point but i highly doubt that now

>in this context
you're retarded as fuck. there's no justifiable reason to kick someone in the face, no matter the genre.
>b-but muh edginess

>there's no justifiable reason to kick someone in the face
This is what soyboys actually believe

>there's no justifiable reason to kick someone in the face
lmao imagine actually believing this. i bet you'd be sitting nice and comfortable on your golden throne of morality as you passively watch your family get raped by burglars

>blue hair
uh oh

You're not making some profound point here.

People make mistakes and life is complicated,

In that situation, no. She's just milking it, he just kicked her camera.

being a good photographer for the press is not as easy as you think, but why am i arguing with you anyway

Photographers should be getting abused at rock shows, it's a rock n roll tradition.
Don't be a photographer at a rock n roll show unless you want to get rekt, having a camera makes you justifiably a mark.

he fucked up by generalizing, but regarding this particular case: do you believe there was a good reason for the kick?

tasty

gg allin was insane. of course there were going to be a few guys like that in rock throughout it's long history; you get a few "extreme" cases every now and then. but the number of dudes that acted like that conform a very small minority and you kinda knew what you were getting into if you went to his show anyway.

qotsa had never put itself in that "eccentric" position so the laws of common sense (kicking your audience for no apparent reason at all is wrong) were applied, something they recognized by the fact he had to issue an apology

that's stupid

what do you have against photographers?

>kicking your audience
if it was a random audience member who paid to go watch the show then fine. but it wasn't. it was a paid photographer working for the press.

the very same press who have taken up the habit of systematically destroying countless artists' careers over stupid questionable scandals that happened years ago. who are now doing the exact same thing to him.

fuck mainstream media.

>i take da foto 4 de inderned ardikle

She was at fault. Case closed.

She's a reporter. Reporters have the freedom to interact with news through any means possible. Therefore, she has the right to photo any sort of event that can be considered news. Josh kicking her in the face infringes on those rights. Simple as that.

>Reporters have the freedom to interact with news through any means possible
lmao that's not true at all.

Name 5 things mainstream media has done terribly that doesn't involve Trump, Hillary or politics in any sort of way.

nigga wtf? i studied journalism in college and you are 100% retarded

How not?

>or politics in any sort of way.
bruh i can't even name 5 things in general that mainstream media has done that doesn't involve politics in any sort of way.

what planet do you live on?

Rules
1. No one is allowed to photograph Josh from directly in front of him
2. Don't use flash
3. Only photograph the first 3 songs (it was the 4th song)

I understand why he kicked the camera.

dude.. freedom of press literally just means they are exempt from prior restraint exercised by the government. they still have to follow the laws like everybody else.

if police say press aren't allowed to enter a crime scene then they aren't allowed to enter that crime scene

You're not allowed to infringe on other people's rights to get a news story for one.

>arbitrary rules trump a legal amendment that allows said freedom regardless of a person's private wishes

She wasn't slandering him or writing an incriminating, malicious hit-piece. She merely wanted to take the picture to make the event more special.

"It'll last longer!"

>a legal amendment that allows said freedom regardless of a person's private wishes
>that allows said freedom
i can't believe how ignorant you are. see you have NO idea what freedom of the press means. it doesn't literally mean you're free to do whatever the fuck you want. you still have to follow laws and you still have respect the wishes of public figures otherwise they can sue your ass.

freedom of press LITERALLY just means the government isn't allowed to prevent you from publishing something.

you're supposed to go in case you sustained a concussion.

So because we have freedom of speech we're allowed to say whatever the fuck we want in someone else's establishment and not be kicked out? Or because it's not against the law technically, I can walk into a Mosque eating a bacon sandwich and they can't do anything about it?
You're an absolute retard.

They are not arbitrary. It's common for photographers to only be allowed to take pictures of the first 3 songs. It's possible she didn't know about the other rules.

There's no question he fucked up, but I also don't blame him.

>trying to argue on the basis of the law when you have no fucking clue what the law is
it's disheartening that these people are allowed to vote

>doesn't literally mean you're free to do whatever the fuck you want. you still have to follow laws and you still have respect the wishes of public figures otherwise they can sue your ass
Okay, I might have exaggerated, and I partly admit my mistake. However, she meant no ill-will or malice towards Josh. See ().

Now you're putting words into my mouth. People should have the freedom to become what they want to be, as long as it's for a common good and doesn't hurt other people who also deserve freedom. I'm sorry.

I wasn't referring to the Homme story, stop changing shit.

I don't vote, though. I just spawn a colony of ants covered inside a human carcass to vote for me.

Journalists get into journalism because they want to be the news.
This bitch is loving it.

But that was my point, and the point of the entire thread (to argue if it was good or bad for Josh to do that to her).

>She hasn't acknowledged his second apology at all and is now busy talking with celebs getting back to her

Which is wrong, that was all my point was.

I wanna marry Tanya V!

Well, okay, then.

Chelsea Lauren was apparently shooting for Shutterstock, the stock photo company. What the fuck?

ya

She was taking generic pictures of generic rock band and you can't get much more generic than QOTSA. Documenting the old fashioned idea 'rock' for later generations to use as clipart.

I feel like this is an incredibly bad thing for thing for rock and roll in general. This could be the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to our generation's complete inability to tolerate excitement, audience confrontation, and occasionally violence as part of shows. I feel like when it was a well-established fact that rock shows were inherently a little risky we had the best scenario. People who liked that sort of thing had a controlled outlet for it and people who didn't for the most part just shook there heads, with the occasional backwards moral crusader who would try unsuccessfully to put a kibosh on the whole thing.

I find it really funny actually that what's going on now almost exactly mirrors the Christian panic about moshing and violent/satanic/sexual themes in rock that went on in the 80's and 90's. It shows that hypersensitivity and an inability to see things from another's perspective, not any particular ideology, is the cause of conflict.

>"fuck Muse"

>still no webm
this is why everyone hates Sup Forums

I can't believe I ever fell for the idea of rock music in general. I mean, what uniqueness, creativity or imagination is there? Literally the entire genre is made just to play what, some idiotic shows? Sell some records? Why would anyone partake in that stupid lifestyle? Why can't we create a forest inside the three spirits of stones and unleash the beasts that roam in the dungeon? Why can't our whispers awaken the elixirs that cure the world's normalcy? Why can't two castles become trapped in orbs forced to combine into one another, and each kingdom tries to manipulate, criticize and dismiss one another using the arrows of bows? There is nothing special about rock music now. It was always just boring "watch some idiots play their instruments" without commanding the boat that travels the inner reaches of the universe. Why do we exist?

t. woman

Lol, stronk empowered wymyn can't take a kick to the face. They deserve to be second class citizens.

I feel like you're making fun of the way I talk and I don't like it.

>see Incubus in 2001
>whole crowd is a mosh pit
>pot being passed around everywhere freely
>everyone rowdy as fuck
>still looking out for one another, picking each other up etc.
>crowd surfing constantly
>kids jumping up on stage and stage diving
>get pushed to the front, out into a huge opening with people running at me pushing and flailing about wildly
>everyone smiling, laughing
>fall down
>they pull me up
>laugh it off "haha fuck yeah dude good hit"

>see incubus in 2012
>police everywhere
>can't smoke, not even cigarettes
>not allowed to leave to smoke, no smoking area
>everyone standing in lock-step, nodding their heads
>by mid-set half of crowd is pissed off cause nicotine withdrawl
>other half is pissed off cause they keep getting bumped
>meet another like-minded dude in crowd, we both feeling it