Choose wisely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ngubly4hpHw
youtube.com/watch?v=tb9N0vlUFys
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Both are shit.

Both are shit

Pitchers are impressive, cricket shits all over baseball in all other aspects.

cricket obviously takes zero athletic skill because indians and pakis can play it well and they are the least athletic race on the planet

Both take different skill sets, and aren't really comparable outside of the ball and stick aspect of the game. Both are difficult in their own right, but Sup Forums is too autistic to acknowledge this, so there's going to be 500 posts of Australians and Brits shitposting about how Cricket is significantly harder than baseball, with the occasional American popping in.

hitting a ball with a round bat is objectively harder than hitting a ball with a paddle

I honestly cannot respect sport where Indians are good at it.

This

what's less athletic a chink or a pajeet?

chinks are at least good at olympic shit, the indians almost never win any medals

Just don't have the kind of money other competing nations have, can only afford one sport at a time. It will come and with it total world domination. By the will of Allah.

Physically baseball, mentally cricket

This, /thread

Mexican beisbol thread?

>the indians almost never win any medals

because cricket really is the only sport they give a shit about

Yeah, but don't they have like 400,000,000 people in their country? They should have more than enough people to fill in good sports teams, and that doesn't even count the population of the Middle East.

Anyone saying Cricket over baseball will be gassed.

The eye can predict where the ball will be in cricket, where that is not possible in baseball. You cannot even fathom how difficult it is to hit a major league pitcher.

>Cricket
lots of white people are good
lots of indians are good

>Baseball
lots of white people are good
no Indians are good

really made me think

>don't they have like 400,000,000 people in their country?

triple that. it's also ridden with extreme poverty with barely any structured development programmes/facilities for other sports

they're trying to invest into things like football with the indian premier league but that's a massive culture change that will take decades to start seeing any impact

Babe Ruth wasn't impressed.

>During the 1934–35 offseason, Ruth circled the world with his wife, including a barnstorming tour of the Far East. At his final stop in the United Kingdom before returning home, Ruth was introduced to cricket by Australian player Alan Fairfax, and after having little luck in a cricketer's stance, stood as a baseball batter and launched some massive shots around the field, destroying the bat in the process. Although Fairfax regretted that he could not have the time to make Ruth a cricket player, Ruth had lost any interest in such a career upon learning that the best batsmen made only about $40 per week

Indians BTFO eternally.

>The eye can predict where the ball will be in cricket

The eye doesn't, experience does. Fast bowlers swing the ball mid-air and spinners can turn it all over the place. Batsmen would really struggle against pitchers but the opposite is just as true.

So... is indianball confirmed luckswing?

KEK

BASED BABE

Anything but. Swinging and hoping will get you bowled every time.

Not him but he meant that the eye can physically detect where the ball is. In baseball the ball is going too fast for the eye to register where it is and have you swing at the proper time, so humans technically should not be able to hit a baseball although with proper skill we can.

Does anyone even know wtf is cricket about?

i dont know the rules of either but cricket bat in swedish is called bitch bat so im going with baseball

Pace bowlers are pretty fucking fast too though, record is 161km/h. The pitching record can't be much higher.

I wish we could see more of the Mayweather-McGregor intersport faggotry in sports like this. Football players vs rugby players, baseball players vs cricket players, etc.

it's youtube.com/watch?v=ngubly4hpHw
169 km/h

Fastest cricket pitch: 100mph (161.3 km/h)

Fastest baseball pitch: 105 mph (169 km/h)

So... You use your experience to swing at something you don't see? Literally luckswing. Capped for future mocking of indians.

I mean, that faggot rugby guy Hayne was supposedly elite at rugby but he could barely even get playing time in the NFL.

They look at the bowler's patterns, delivery (how he grips the seam etc.), condition of the wicket and gauge their shots from that. Batting is complex as fuck, that's why the tail-enders get wrecked.

That is ~100 mph, there are many pitchers who can throw 100-101 extremely often, I believe the record is 105.1 mph/169.1 kmh by Aroldis Chapman, the pitch in question is disputed to be 106mph/170.5kmh. According to various online articles, the average cricket pitch is something like 80mph/128kmh while the average mlb pitch is 90.9mph/146.2kmh, fastball is 92mph/148kmh. So on average you can't track the baseball while you can track the cricket ball, allowing you to place hit easier (also different bats) overall its a very different game so its hard to compare, but it is technically more impossible to hit a baseball.

You give luck a nice name.

youtube.com/watch?v=tb9N0vlUFys

Try swinging at that.

American athletes are so fit themselves kek.
There are some fat cricket players, but at least they are a nice round healthy type of porky. Every time I see a fat American they look like their internal organs are swimming in gelatin.

>Posts one player who is an absolute outlier
>Said player doesn't even player baseball anymore

Show me the fat cricket players of today user

Those fat baseball players that foreigners love to post are extremely limited in the positions they can play. They are almost exclusively DH's, unless the team needs a First Baseman. That doesn't even include the fact that most of the fat baseball players in the league are fat in the way lineman in football are fat. They way a lot, and probably have a gut, but they also have explosive power. Most positions in baseball require quick reflexes and speed in order to track a ball hit 100+ mph hard over long distances (or immediately if you're an infielder). There's no position in which a fat person wouldn't be a huge defensive liability, and they would have to double their offensive production just to offset their defensive woes.

Babe Ruth was, and is, an American hero

As soon as Olympic street shitting becomes a thing...

DH's shouldn't be a thing. The AL is retarded.

>yuropoor sport being yuropoor
Based babe

Nobody in europe plays cricket except england

Just the fact you can pump some fat shit full of roids and give him a bit of eye surgery to make an elite baseball player says leagues about how much actual skill is involved in that game.

>Allah

This 2bh.

>sport that needs modifying the human body to reach inhuman strength, sight and reflexes just so you can be "good" at it
>no skill involved
I swear to god lads, sometimes you don't even comprehend what you're saying

Cricket literally btfo

Cricket anyone who ubderstands both sports gets this. Cricketers have to be extremely precise with how and where they hit bc more fielders, the boeler being able to bowl either side and different lengths and multiple . Not to mention the sheer endurance of facing so many more bowls if one is batting nore innings. Boreball also has many nuances but as were seeing with the dominicans who dominate before killing themselves, ir doesnt require much intelligence

Pretty simple this. One is the 2nd most played sport in the world, the other isn't even in the top 10

Agree with this. Even then I'm not sure whether pitchers have more skill than bowlers but its at least pretty close.

Cricket batsman and fielders clearly have much more skill then their baseball equivalents.

How can anyone at all seriously think cricket is harder?
>ball is bigger
>thrown slower
>batter has to defend a smaller area
>has bigger bat

You would have to be LITERALLY RETARDED to think that cricket is harder.

Huge amount of depth to cricket. Just google bowling and batting techniques and see for yourself.

Baseball batters face a few pitches, Cricket batters can face hundreds of deliveries in a day

How are you guys even comparing a sport with a insect?

>throwing full toss pies at him to make him feel better
Any delivery outside of his designated swinging square would have bamboozled him

Most first class fast bowlers will deliver at 85-90mph, sometimes 95.
Spin bowlers bowl at 50-60
please watch our sport

If I have enough luck I might just hit it.

Stop trying to pretend

Baseball is a garbage sport that only exists because of nostalgia.

*googlies you to first slip*

nothing personnel kiddo

>indian premier league
>Poo FC

Also Ireland who now have test status.

The argument is simple

>POO
>IN
>LOO

They're good at that faggy version of wrestling they do.

Cricket is too intelligent for ameripoors

This thread was over after this post.

This is literally no coming back after the Big Bambino effortlessly takes a giant shit all over your """""""sport"""""""

Don Bradman vs Baby Ruth

As if tiny minded yuropoors could even dip their toes in to the ocean of mathematic autism that is baseball.

Baseball is basically run by ivy league nerds now

I agree it's pretty simple. One boasts the 2nd and 10th most profitable leagues in the world, while the other is played by 3rd worlders whom toilet paper literally holds a higher value to than tickets for a league that doesn't even break the top 20.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue