Well?

Well?

Alien > aliens

The terminator >T2

I really liked both

apples and oranges

Alien. Aliens is overrated famalam.

ALIEN RESURRECTION BACK FROM THE DEAD TO CHALLENGE THESE TWO FILMS

HOW ABOUT IT Sup Forums? WILL IT OUTKINO THESE TWO?

One was clearly better than the other.

>Resurrection
>AvP
Iv'e decided any movie after aliens isn't cannon.

>GUARANTEED REPLIES

They're both 10/10 but I love reading the troll opinions.

Well?

Correct.

Cameron became too commercial too quickly. That isn't to say the sequels are bad, but Ridley's Alien and the first Terminator are 100% classics.

Both are great but I like Alien more because I feel like Aliens just spent too much time on the space station.

Also Paul Reiser was a shit bad guy.

I'd have to say The Thing but it's close honestly

I'll take Alien based solely on pure atmosphere and tension, but they both sure are great.

Aliens is a pile of shit.

Alien is horror, Aliens is action. They're both excellent movies but in totally different categories.

Oh, snap.

That's like me picking which of my kids I like the most. I have a favorite, but I would never acknowledge that I did or who it was because I can't rationalize it internally.

The Thing had better artistic craftsmanship. Its the best scifi horror I've ever seen.

I've never seen either in the cinema, so I can't say. Its like when you watch the Exorcist on TV (the actual 70's movie) instead of at a show room, I think. I didn't think Alien or Aliens was great, but I used to feel the way about the Exorcist, before I gave it a real shot and saw it like it was meant to be seen.

I agree, in theory, but it was a time when even the "commercial sequel" was good, unlike now. I'd sell my mother into slavery to have the same discussion once Blade Runner 2 comes out.

The Thing, by far.

Alien had atmosphere and the horror of discovery, Thing had visceral horror and foreboding.

kill yourself

Please explain why you enjoy the movie.

Aliens is like 50/50 on action and horror

because it's fun to watch because it's good

what the fuck kind of retard question is that

A competent, somewhat masculine petit-officer young woman is obliged by circumstances to accompany her crew onto the surface of a planetoid, where cryptic communication patterns imply that there may be a strange alien life form, which is what forces the team to investigate. The woman realizes very early on, and before anyone else, that there is demonstrable reason to believe that the circumstances entail a malevolent threat, and not merely some benign hiccup or strangeness.

The woman's extreme caution is derided at multiple points by the crew, but is eventually totally vindicated as the Creatures rear their ugly heads, and all hell breaks loose. After a sufficient number of deaths within a few hours, the woman takes charge. Once all other options are exhausted, it is understood that the principal site of infestation will be detonated, and that the survivors will make their way in an escape craft as best they can - if at all. The challenge is to actually reach the escape craft before the countdown runs out. But moving into the third act, it is revealed that an evil plant has tagged along all the while, posing a secondary (or primary) threat to the group. Upon discovery, this threat is promptly destroyed, and visits no more trouble upon the group.

In a deleted scene, the woman takes the trouble of a detour in order to immolate her former teammate, whom she happens upon by accident.

The woman briefly encounters the Beast just moments before self-destruct, and manages to get away into the escape craft, having also successfully rescued a small creature that she cares for. However, in the final minutes of the picture, the creature is revealed to have stowed away, and shocks the audience. The woman runs and hides, suiting up, and eventually blowing the creature out of the airlock, finally winning. The threat now really removed, the woman rests, with the small creature nearby. The final shot shows her peacefully in slumber (the small creature nearby).

The character of Kyle Reese has such great character development. You know, he's John's father and no one really knows until the 3rd act, right before he stops the Alien.

And, such strong female characters. The way Sarah Connor fights the alien was so inspiring and great for equality.

I'm not quite getting the message you're trying to get across here

But I have the feeling it's something pretty fucking autistic

Aliens is the better film. Alien has the more autistic fanbase.

fight me irl