How did Dumbledore not know that Voldemort was under the turban?

how did Dumbledore not know that Voldemort was under the turban?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbffj_04cI
youtube.com/watch?v=2WhhS2maFEs
youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

magic

damn

a-at least the books were good though

tumblr

he was too cucked by political correctness to ask to see under his turban

He was too busy being a bent in one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

too busy looking at squirrel's ass

He thought he was under there, but didn't want to appear prejudiced by suggesting someone wearing a turbin could be involved in anything unseemly

He was too cucked by snape you mean

Dumbledore knew. It was the whole "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" gambit.

Dumbledore was playing a huge game of chess with Voldemort the whole time, all the while trying his best to look like he was just letting events unfold. But he carefully set up every conflict and guided Harry as his willing pawn through almost every novel.

The one time Dumbledore probably lost control was in "The Goblet of Fire," when Harry ended up as one of the tournament competitors. Dumbledore seemed genuinely enraged by this, which may mean this was the one time he didn't anticipate a move.

In the end, though, he was always trying to keep Voldemort focused on Harry and manipulate Harry into eventually becoming a willing sacrifice.

I actually laughed

Is his first name really "Quirinus"?

>Quirinus
>Queer Anus
Kek

DIDJEPETCHERNAMEINDEGBLTAFIYA?!

TEEEEEEEEE-ROOOOOOOLLLLLLL IN THE DUNGEON. TROOOOOOOOLL!!!!

He had to teach that little shit Harry a lesson.

Why is a WHITE FUCKING MALE wearing a turban?

He's British, they wore turbans all the time when they came back from the colonies. It was a way to attract attention.

But Philosopher's Stone is set in the 90s.

And?

lol at 2000s spielberg creating "works of art" if he had directed harry potter movies.

>a huge game of chess
Heh

To hide Voldemort, haven't you seen the movie?

pretty sure Dumbledore knew Keep your friends close and your enemies closer that sorta thing.

Hah

He's still one of my favorite villains from the series, I always liked how they played the audience with pushing Snape as the villain.

India had been an English colony for like a million years

I don't watch Labour propaganda

fpbp

The official story as to why he wears it is that he claims he was attacked by a vampire which gave him terribly scarring around the back of his head and gave him his stutter. No one knows how he came into contact with Voldemort though.

Was Quirell a Death Eater?

Technically, although I don't think he became friends with Voldemort until he was BTFO by love or whatever the fuck.

I will never not laugh at Atlas Shrugged and The Great Gatsby being God-Tier. Should probably be redefined as "I read this once in high-school" Tier at that point.

He was a servant of Voldemort but he wasn't a death eater as he didn't have the dark mark. Voldemort was just using him as a pawn to leech off of and lay low for a bit.

He said at some point it was a gift from an african KANG or some shit

He did, he just thought it was funny to use his school full of children as bait.

Dumbledore asked calmly

Didn't Hermione have to mix potions at the end of the first book? why was that not in the film?

How did Voldemort get on his head anyways, and how does he live without him to begin with?
I guess it has something to do with horcruxs and the like, which I suppose is how the "memory book" in the second part worked as well? But that just seems ludicrous and stupid.

Mixing potions for what?

because he's dumb. They even called him dumbledore

>Mixing potions for what?
Getting though the fire door. Wasn't mixing potions though, she had to solve a logic puzzle and pick the drinkable potion.

Hw forgot to put on his hearing aid

Could you solve it?

>Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
>Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,
>One among us seven will let you move ahead,
>Another will transport the drinker back instead,
>Two among our number hold only nettle wine,
>Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line.
>Choose, unless you wish to stay here for evermore,
>To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:
>First, however slyly the poison tries to hide
>You will always find some on nettle wine’s left side;
>Second, different are those who stand at either end,
>But if you would move onwards, neither is your friend;
>Third, as you see clearly, all are different size,
>Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;
>Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
>Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight

i remembered it that way too but apparently that's not it. there's this old movie from where i'm from where the hero has to solve a similar puzzle by mixing potions to get the princess, i think that's what had me confused.

>Mid Tier
>Kanye West

Wasn't there some lame meme reason why dumbledore wasn't on campus when they went for the stone? I find it ridiculous that McGonagall just shrugged off a threat that serious.

Why bother, the potion on the very right is probably wine. Stone's safe anyway, get krunk with Hermione instead.

2 and 6 must be nettle wine. Which makes 1 and 5 poison. I'm having trouble from there honestly

Book 1 was obviously a rather shoddily written children's book. Nothing was planned out yet, it was a simple 'u da hero son' story

both ends are different but bad, so the seventh must be send back. so far its;
poison - wine - x - x - poison - wine - go back
neither giant nor dwarf is death, so of the remaining two, whichever is the smaller or smallest must be the cool one.

7 must send you backwards because it's different than 1 but not the right potion and we've already established 2 and 6 are wine. 3 has to be safe because it's the shortest and the only safe drink left is the right potion. So 3 is the correct choice and 4 is poison. Am I right?

wrong.trump

correct

?

Couldn't voldemort just make a stone? He's like the most powerful wizard ever.

After reading the books it's amazing just how fucking incompetent Voldermort is and how easily Dumbledore played him

>Tries to kill Harry
Fails to a Love protection, widely known magic in the wizarding community

>Tries to revive himself
Uses Harry's blood, thus taking on Lily's love and making it impossible to kill Harry

>Tries to split his soul into 7 and make Horcruxs
Dumbledore literally finds 3 of them right out the bat and gives a 17 year old enough information to find the rest

>Tries to kill Harry again
Literally can't because of Lily's love

>Tries to use the Elder wand
Again can't because lack of information. If he bothered to speak to anyone with wand knowledge he'd know murdering doesn't work

Wow , when you put it like that it reads like he's the villain in a childrens book about how Love is the most powerful thing in the world.

>Couldn't voldemort just make a stone?
>couldn't voldemort just make another one of this unique artifact, that only one person in history has achieved
No, obviously being really good at dark magic doesn't let you be a god-tier alchemist.

Wait what, where is it stated that Voldemort can't kill Harry?

He gets saved every time Vold tried to Avada Kedavra him via other means.

I'm not a super HP lore nerd, but still find it interesting.

How did voldemort know there were 7 horcruxes but not that Harry was one of them?

There was a gleam of triumph in Dumbledore's eye

He didn't know there were 7. That's how many he intended to create but he was on 6 when shit went sideways with Harry as a baby.

In Deathy Hallows Dumledore explains it when Harry is "Dead"

And it's quite clearly shown he's not dead, just unconscious, as is Voldermort at the time

>love protection
What kind of shit is this, and how why does this make Harry invincible to... magic?
And why does this make it impossible to kill Harry

>7 movies and the only good Wizard fight we got was Voldemort Vs. Dumbledore

youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbffj_04cI

Such a waste to be honest

Most of the fights were just 'lul I shoot spell at you and you fall down' or two spells colliding while the wizards hold their wands up.

It doesn't make him invincible, it just rebounds the death curse back at it's attacker.

It's primal magic, sort of magic that it part of natural law, not taught. Same as murdering people to make Horcruxs

>that sound when Dumbledore turns the water into a sphere

The original title was Harry Potter and The Prophets Message

You have a point, most of the duels were kinda lame. The voldemort-dumbledore duel really showed how they were on a whole different level from everyone else. Which is kinda cool

owl called him to ministry lol

Anyone else find it odd how quirrel was like a host to voldemort but never mentioned after the first book? It's like the first book exists in it's own bubble.

also only works against voldy

death eaters could have nuked harry if voldy didn't want to bum him personally.

kek

Why wouldn't Voldemort just kill Harry with a gun or something then?

>good fight

No binding voldemort, no turning ropes in to snakes, no dumbledore blocking with giant silver shield, no fawkes eating a deathcurse, harry being held by magic instead of a centuar statue.

Best fight in films is still a shit version of the book fight.

It was the whole theme of the series. Love, especially a mother's love, is stronger than any evil.

too racist

Muggles could beat wizards in a face to face duel, it's just wizards are sneaky.

Who reads Atlas Shrugged in high school?

only if a sacrifice

>TFW molly could have saved all her sons if she had sudoku at start of battle.
>TFW could have had an invincible family

Why did Dumbledore want to have access to Slughorn's memory ?
He already had an altered memory in which Voldemort mentionned horcruxes. He also already knew that Voldemort had indeed created horcruxes since he had seen the diary and the ring.
How could he guess that the exact number of horcruxes that Voldemort planned on doing was going to be mentionned in the memory ?

nerds

Because he kept it under wraps

He knew, but he was trainning Potterus.

Dumbledore knew Harry was in the chamber of secrets because he sent him the hat and Fawkes. Why didn't he just go down himself?

he doesn't like snakes

Because it was funnier that way

>Dumbledore knew. It was the whole "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" gambit.
That explains why he kept grindelwald inside him

Voldemort conjured the shield.

Love, TARS. Love.

youtube.com/watch?v=2WhhS2maFEs

Trailer had fan made quality and was an April Fool's joke, but I don't know why they haven't done a show like this.

If it wasn't complete shit being in the HP universe would make for easy success.

>god-tier
>atlas shrugged

AHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA

like interstaller BRAVO NEGAN

Probably just wanted to confirm it. Most of those tasks seemed more about building Harry's skills than anything else. Despite what he said, I'm sure Dumbledore could have got the memory himself if he wanted, although at greater cost.

>At no fucking point in history has a wizard's mother/father sacrificed themselves to a killing curse to save their child.
>Harry is now invincible and a celebrity for this reason.
Did no one else see this giant fucking plothole.

>Such a waste to be honest
I agree. This was an issue in the books as well. Duelling is never explained in exciting terms or with the full potential of spells.
Voldemort v. Dumbledore is pretty great though.

Guess they just didn't love their kids enough

They know the magic exists so there must have been cases of it in the past, but it must be something rare to actually occur / pull off.

Harry is only invincible to Voldemort and is a celebrity because he survived an encounter with him.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ