I used to think Vietnam protests were against the mass American casualties and low progress...

I used to think Vietnam protests were against the mass American casualties and low progress. Now I've discovered the protesters were shitting on the soldiers themselves.

I'm beginning to understand why people hate boomers so much.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragging
etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=cuckoldry
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eh. We're usually presented the narrative that their "revolution" was the greatest thing ever. A lot of it was actually USSR subversion. Now I'm starting to see that they were given everything, didn't want to have any responsibilities, and now have taken everything from the next generations.

Supposedly the ones they did send to Vietnam were undisciplined, did drugs, murdered their own officers a lot, and mistreated (and raped) the locals.

Boomers are the shittiest generation. Literally ruined the country in a generation and now only care about their gib-me-dats while shrugging with a "I dunno lol" when it comes to our social security.

How do you go from THIS?

To THIS

Better to go back pre-Century of the Self than smack in the middle of all the post-WWII consumerism and television explosion

There is no generation, only elite agenda.

>supposedly
Nigger its well documented
American soldiers who willfully fought that war are scum.

Uh, no.

They protested because they were lied to.

They protested because they were drafted into a phony war.

They protested because of civil rights (black men served in the military but could not vote).

They protested as a reaction to the extreme authoritarianism of the United States Government post-World War II.

They protested so much and so hard that people were legitimately afraid the country was coming apart at the seams.

Yes, of course good people would cheer for mindless massacre of other human beings for political greed.

How could you not know that? It's literally all their protests consisted of, everything calls the troops murderers and asks them to do things like violently quit and shoot other Us troops or you are complacent with murder.

Basically boomer chicks did not understand the meaning of a draft. I think we should help them learn. Old boomer women should be the stock draftees for the next war they get us into.

i hope dat bitch got raped by the VC

To this

Not running from the draft, hell even joining the military is fine if you have no choice, but if you try to say you do it to protect our freedoms you're a fucking dumbass retard who deserves to have your shit kicked in

Shit you didn't realize that? Yeah. The entire baby boomer generation has basically all agreed that Vietnam was American imperialism gone awry.

Here's what I don't get, though - look at N.Korea and S.Korea. Should America have stayed out of that?

My fucking hippie parents raised me to believe that communism was good and capitalism was evil and Nam was one example. Then I actually got a degree and studied history and learned shit. I learned about the Soviets and I learned about Mao.

Thank fucking god that America stood up to the Soviets and won the cold war. America is far from perfect, capitalism is far from perfect, but western society is infinitely better than that horrid shit being touted by commies. The USSR was actively trying to conquer the world and Nato was stopping them, in places like Nam (well, they failed in that particular case, but, you get the gist).

Turns out we abandoned thousands of soldiers and stored drugs in deceased soldiers.

Gets me everytime

>fuck men
every time

I'd love to see the guys version where he has a flash-forward to her getting fat and yelling at him daily for being at work too much even though she spends most of his income then fucks the gardener and divorces him and takes half his shit; promptly followed by the dude bailing out and going home to watch the game with a beer in peace.

>STILL NO SAUCE

Besides the gardener part, literally my dad's story before marrying my mom

>The USSR was actively trying to conquer the world and Nato was stopping them

Yeah. But they did lie a lot about the whole thing and maybe it was a mistake?

They were always reacting to some specific aggression somewhere or trying to free such or such people from whatever happened to them, etc.

It was clear there was a greater geopolitical game, but people started calling it "american imperialism" as you say and claiming they were just bullying those poor commies.

They could have come clean with the containment strategy and with the spreading of western influence (which was for the best).

Losing Vietnam sure seemed to have been a catastrophe for the western world as whole (and forced the US into doing far worse things after that) but the hippies were celebrating it. And most of them became hyper-capitalists afterward too.

This. They accumulated 17 trillion in debt over one generation.

They literally invented cuckoldry and everything degenerate in modern society.

They are the absolute worse generation of people in this nation's history

>asks them to do things like violently quit and shoot other Us troops
They did that a bit (well-known I guess...):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragging
>boomer chicks did not understand the meaning of a draft
kek. They sure seemed confused. Had a magical understanding of the world order too. I wonder if USSR "subversion" really had a significant impact on these things.

they fucking called it containment. They literally used that word. Are you retarded or just someone who's never opened a history book in his life?

They called it

C O N T A I N M E N T

That word, right there. That one ^^

containment.

LOL.

Everyone who wasn't completely autistic understood what was going on. The Soviets went to every shitty 3rd world country and found a communist party, and gave them money and weapons and encouraged a revolution. Then the Americans would do the same to counter them.

Only difference is the commies were straight up horrific dictators. Do you know anything about Mao? Go read up on Mao. He makes North Korea look like wonderland. Mao caused as much suffering for humanity as did Hitler.

>Black men served in the military but could not vote
Black men could vote since 1869 you lying piece of shit.

^^ this

If I remember correctly she did
>le draft meme
Vietnam was only 1/3 drafted men
2/3 of the men who were in the conflict signed up for it, it literally had more people who willingly went and had less than half of the desertions as America in WW2.
Nobody ever said that, it was to fight communism and stop it's spread, and the majority of US soldiers knew that and understood it.
The stupid hippie fucks here either didn't know because they were retarded or did know but were commies and thought it was the most evil thing you could do.
It was also done to keep the Military Industrial Complex going and help the globalist progressives expand their controls of our rights and box us in more yes but it's main goal was stopping the progression of communism in that part of the world.
Our government are marxist commies but they knew that having an Asia that was 100% communist while being allied with Russia would have meant US getting wiped out if we weren't careful.

>it's a millennials blame the boomers for everything thread

Just as bad as libs blaming white men for ruining everything in their life.

are you retarded? The boomers fucked EVERYTHING up.

What's this from?

Is this your first day on Sup Forums, my friend? All the edgelords here love to talk about massacring citizens in the Middle East.

News flash tittyboi, every gen has and will have fucked a country up in some form or another. People blame boomers now but when GenX gets into their 60s people will start blaming them for shit and eventually GenY

Yes, and their revolution has led to the destruction of their societies. So brave.

t-thanks

Actually, no. Every generation before the boomers was fine. Then the boomers fucked everything up. Gen x came after them so Gen x had to deal with the shit the boomers caused, and Gen x struggled. Now millennials are here and have started to try to clean up the boomer mess.

Shut up faggot, you got wrecked faster than the French and Americans in Vietnam.

Babyboomers are the worst.

But as I've grown up, I realize what truly ruined them.

Marxists and communists and trotskyists are terrible. They have no compassion. They have only their idealism and a Trump style arrogance that they are right, that classes this and proletariat that, that revolution this and that. That capitalism needs to be quashed, that gender is a class that needs disruption.

Do you understand?

Marxists working for Russia decided they'd take North American culture down from the inside by subverting social justice. Marxists decided they'd take existing progress made towards getting the public to identify its bias and prejudices against black americans, asians, homosexuals, and put their own spin on it. Effectively a village schizophrenic rushing to replace the community preacher to talk about religion, and instead of the community's pre-approved mythological stories, history and culture, they get pants-on-head retarded shaming, blaming and ideas on how to resolve the disputes that just leads to MORE dysfunction and disputes.

They targeted our feminists. They married marxism to feminism. It was the natural union, of course; it is the female of the species that is the gatekeeper of sex, society and social culture. It is the female that makes men cooperate with other men for things. If you teach females nonsense and make it part of society to parrot it and compete, they will reproduce nonsense and expect those that don't to be othered. Eco-feminism, intersectional feminism, anti-white, anti-western values, anti-male feminism.

All these things were designed to warp and twist liberals into irreconcilable dingbats and destroy us by turning our conscience insane. They weren't there to check the Military Industrial Complex the right way or reasonably put a stop to the super-wealthy oligarchs.

Babyboomers are the pawns in a marxist sabotage operation that worked too well and not even close to as fast as intended.

At least they had the balls to protest. Millenial generation just does drugs and shit on everything their parents worked for.

Probably some jew commercial or music video.

>I used to think Irak 2 oppoistion were against the mass American casualties and low progress. Now I've discovered the protesters were shitting on the invasion itself

>I'm beginning to understand why people hate foreigners so much.

Opposing a shit move because it's a shit move and not because of the shit consequences it has for yourself is still opposing a shit move. Grow up, Vietnam was a retarded war.

How? Those people raised them like that.

That's the Serbian point of view. Millenials actually have more things to protest, even if the amount of drugs they do is comparable to the 70s.

The system in America is set up so the wealthy can effectively pick who gets to work, when and why. It has little to nothing to do with needed jobs, so much as justifying whom gets paid and whom withers on the vine, impoverished and unable to find work or raise a family.

The Marxists tried to prevent this meritocratic oligarchy from starving blacks to death by the lack of jobs. They worked to set up government programs so that racial minorities and religious minorities that went poor had a last ditch resource to fall back on. The Oligarchs responded by raising the price of medicine.

Reagan signed a bill that made it illegal to refuse people treatment regardless of their ability to pay, putting the cost of keeping the least employed on the government's tab and sparing entire generations from dying in the parking lots.

It was designed to make the wealthy even more money as much as it was to kill the poor.

>people drafted and had no choice in going to the war
>hippies spit on them for going to a war they didn't even want to go to
what was the logic?

your fault frog

>boomers
Those protesters are no different than the liberals today.

They should have been brave and became muhammad ali and company's cell mates.

Source

The Jews

Some hipster shit music video.

Logic?
It was a symbolic gesture. They were angry at the establishment. Attacking the soldiers, they were attacking the establishment.

It's like when you are a child, and your feminist sister, babysitter's daughter or just slightly older female, having being taught the basics of new social science theories (Critical theory/gender theory/marxist frankfurt propaganda) is just dripping with vitriol over how they feel men have treated women.

They drip with vitriol, and they're just *looking* for an excuse to reprimend you, a younger male, for anything they can even remotely conflate as you being a sexist in order to educate you proper or teach you a lesson. They treat you like a little budding monster that needs to be corrected with behavioral therapy and being told you're destined to grow up to be a sexist racist because of evil western society patriarchy.

And so shitting on the soldiers to them is how they rebel against the culture.

>boomers actively destroyed conservative culture, making the west degenerate today.
>the starting point of debt buildup started with them
> boomers are fine!

Boomer detected, how's it feel knowing you contributed to the fall of civilization, cuck?

The Baby Boomer generation has fucked up in ways which can be objectively measured, such as having their children be the first generation in American* history whose children will live a shorter lifespan than their own and have a lesser quality of life.

*Boomers are only Americans. Europeans of the same age grew up in completely different circumstances and need their own label.

Funny how the French got dicked on by the Jap and the Burgers got kicked out by Commies. Try google some escape helicopter images, your fleeing soldiers look hilarious

Very interesting.

Those oligarchs are now behind globalization? Or are those world order issues handled by separate political cabals?

Tony Blair.

That meme. IIUC, they were told to keep Saigon until the very end and they did. It was after "vietnamization". South Vietnam surrendered so they had to leave in a hurry, and they did.

>Vietnam was only 1/3 drafted men
half of which were criminals who were going to be sent to prison if they didn't go to the war as well

>They protested because they were drafted into a phony war.

The South Vietnamese were fighting in that phony war.

>American soldiers fleeing Vietnam
no such thing

There were no actual US soldiers in Saigon though

Mao caused more suffering than Hitler. Hitler killed, in total, about 20 million. Mao killed as about 58 million.

Commie please go.

HUH! wow.

>Operation Frequent Wind was the final phase in the evacuation of American civilians and "at-risk" Vietnamese from Saigon, South Vietnam prior to the takeover of the city by the North Vietnamese Army (PAVN) in the Fall of Saigon.

kek! Is that what the helicopter evacuation pictures they are so proud of were about? They chased away CIVILIANS and that's an accomplishment?

>Literally invented cuckoldry

etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=cuckoldry

Yup, they just made that word up in the late Middle Ages and just couldn't figure out what it's meaning was until half a century ago.

You shoehorning son of a gun

Shouldnt it be PANVN?
- people's army northern vietnam

Since it is an american abrivation anyway

>the majority of my countrymen believe that America was the first country to get involved in Nam
>the majority of that majority would likely suggest that the Feds saw a great potential new territory and just didn't like the type of government they currently had

baby boomers.

Does this term come from Fall out new vegas?

The term comes from the rapid population growth following World War II as all the soldiers came home, got married, and set about having many, many children.

These children were all born in the 50s and are now reaching or are past retirement age.

>Now I've discovered the protesters were shitting on the soldiers themselves.

That's bullshit propaganda. Those accidents of soldiers being spat upon? Never happened. The propaganda was just to swing the image of opposition to the war into hating the troops as killers. Don't buy into it. The state just wants to be able to blame you for hating soldiers when you are in opposition to their stupid wars in foreign countries.

That bit was from wikipedia. IIUC, the north was the "People's Army of VietNam" (PAVN) and the south the "Army of the Republic of VietNam" (ARVN). No idea if this was always used consistently. It seems to be on the wiki.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Woodrow Wilson who promised every nation self determination at the Paris Peace Conference in 1919?

Nah, I think here people mostly know that Vietnam was a clusterfuck even before the US got involved.

But yeah, they probably understand the motivation for getting involved as just taking their land and stealing their shit. Even though that's not what the US does after it wins. They'd just have to look at SK.

What I don't get is how all of this was being presented to the public at the time.

No it wasn't propaganda you cuck. Those people like the people today spit on anyone who disagrees with them. The left has always been shit and most likely always will be. They are fucking hippies like the modern Bernie supporters.

Supposedly even by the 60's, 75% of our congress were secret dual citizenship Israelis and the internal hearings they had about on this were a part of the reason why JFK was assassinated.

The Oligarchs are just trying to make a single set of rules and laws by which to impose on the general populace while keeping themselves out of it. It's pretty simple and straightforwards. Wealth runs the world, and wealth, public and private, controls power.

If you control the drugs, medicine, sex and information, you control humanity. You don't have to want to be a villainous overlord, just a feudal plutocrat. If you can influence as few governments as possible to make changes you want that benefit you, then you win. You're untouchable.

It's not really New World Order shit, just a bunch of rich people consilidating power to make as many laws and heavy handed rules apply to the peasants as possible and make them turn the wheels while using money to arbitrarily put themselves above everybody else in perpetuity.

By making the feminists fucking retarded and making civil rights advocates spend more time doing LSD and ranting about how random objects or minor trivialities are sexist, by making white males the target, you effectively paralyze any conversation or productivity regarding the topic.

It's cheap propaganda you get fed with in all your Hollywood movies to this very day. There was no war against the Vietnam veterans at home so stop taking Rambo literal and don't be a slave to those warmongers.

Hi. Guy born in the 80s here. 'Murican.

I'm old enough that I actually was around old hippies who spat on Vietnam vets. I was babysat by some of those hippies who spat on 'nam vets.

You are German. Don't tell us our history or culture, especially if you weren't there.

Fuck off cuck German

Your anecdote has convinced me. Those damn 1980s hippies!

These boomers sounds like our 68'ers
And yeah they are the root cause of everything shit here, and they are all in gov.

They used to be in a communist party called AKP. Plan was to take control over all media, which them with american jews have done....

I fucking hate them and they should all be hanged to be servants of all father.

Hrm ok!

Yeah I get that those rich enough to operate at an international level can bypass so many laws and are at a hude advantage, and might want to push for globalization just for that.

Are those oligarchs slowly becoming more and more real "internationalists" as they economically integrate countries? Or are they still very much "anchored" to the US and the other countries always have a second-class status?

By encouraging mass immigration, they're actually destroying western culture. Is this being planned out? I guess the US is doing much better than Europe about that, but the US is still destroying the family unit somewhat.

My understanding is that the US is behind the cultural dissolution of Europe to strengthen the EU and eventually lead to a real "United States of Europe" with the US having strong control over it.

That guy must have been from eastern Germany, he must be a USSR plant.

Stop trying to subvert us pal!

>These boomers sounds like our 68'ers
>And yeah they are the root cause of everything shit here, and they are all in gov.

The most destructive generation. Never worked, never contributed and then went on to secure their safe positions in the state from where they could spread their poison.

That is the problem with state wars. They never send those guys to the front because you couldn't anything with them.

I do thus protest the fact that you haven't been exterminated yet.

you dont know when you are trolled. Idiot.

ARVN is a western name for the South Viet army.
The north was just called the army. Or, The People's Army.

my fucking God... The idiots on this board.

t.
a westerner who worked and lived in Vietnam for the government.

The boomers ARE the 68-ers!

Born in 45 to 49 (some might extend it to the '55s).
Right after the starting of the western European occupation by the Anglo sphere.
Around 1968 -- 68-ers -- they were the libshits in college of that time period.

>a western name for
Yeah. That's what I care about. They can call themselves whatever they want.

>"black men could not vote"
>"phony war"
>U.S. being authoritarian compared to other countries

So they were retarded?

Ive never understood that.
>Young person joins army so he can save people and fight against enemies that threaten others.
>They get orders from higher ups, orders that usually are meant to lead them victory
>They dont always understand, but almost always obey, since its their , their comrades lifes.

>meanwhile some flowerpeople biggaboom ding dong bubu gathers to protest against THE SOLDIERS!

>Not the politians, not the higher ups, not the enemy, but SOLDIERS!

i will never fucking get it, but...

i see a patterns where some greenpeace activists go and shackle themselves into ships and oildrills.

Again, not the bosses or the management, or the offices, but the people who are actually WORKING there.

Fucking idiots.

Actually, it makes sense in a way.

They are anarchists, so they think like anarchists.
Since they have no organization, they think that even if their leaders give orders to stop, they still can continue the rioting etc.

So, they think that if oil companies or army generals give orders to workers and soldiers to stop, anarchists thinks that it doesnt work, because "ofcourse those dont ovey, like we wouldnt".

So they attack soldiers and workers.

Instead in real world, if oil company bosses tell workers to stop, they would. Since its their job to obey.