If there was any doubt before, it's official now. South Park is dead

If there was any doubt before, it's official now. South Park is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWPM66e8oOg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're getting old.

i just finished season 15 and im not sure if i wanna continue.. the show has been awful since season 9
does it get worse?

continue just to finish
but no it doesn't really get better
you're right in recognizing that the show peaks around s8-11

>show peaks s8-11
I honestly hate you millennials so fucking much

>awful since season 9
I disagree, I'd say things start to go downhill post season 15, assuming I'm remembering the content of each season correctly. At the very least, there are plenty of golden post season 9 episodes, like the Imaginationland trilogy or About Last Night.

>joke bombs.
>*damn people just didnt get it, lets do it better next episode.
>keep doing the same joke through out the season.

Jesus christ why are they doing this. Just cancel this shit.

Is already family guy tier.

seasons 1-6 are golden for me, 7-8 are pretty good but not as much
9-15 (last season i watched) is just bad.. there are few gems here and there but they become less and less each season, that cthulhu arc for example is just why...
and now you're saying it goes downhill post s15 just makes me sad.

Oh look, it's the daily "I hate south park but still watch every single week and will do so for the rest of my life"

So many people parroting each other's opinions.
>hurr I thought South Park was crap first
>no fuck you I thought South Park was crap first

it has been dead for more than a decade

first 10 seasons were special but desu the show isnt dead

if you thought it was at any point a decent social commentary you were wrong

its always been entertainment, and always been hit and miss

i feel like stan

Early seasons of SP
> Crude humor and jokes.

Later seasons of SP
> Political and Social Satire.

I enjoy the change in SP. I enjoy the political and social satire.

Only people who think that lack the self-awareness not to be triggered by satire when it goes against their own political agenda or is about channers.

At least the show early on had heart, now it's just a stupid vehicle for their political and social philosophies. Early on, the show had similar themes but it was a lot more genuine and sincere. Later seasons have lost all self respect.

Who is getting triggered exactly? I thought it was funny, it's not particularly anti Trump in anyway. The Troll stuff is great, i didn't expect the twist and watching Garrison in the war room is good too.

Member when south park was good?
Member towlie?
Member chef?
Member bad kitty?

no kitty this is my chicken pot pie

>I hate southpark

No, im disappointed and hopeful that the show can redeem itself.

I just hate this long dragging on fucking story. Was anyone shocked about any new revelations? Does anyone even care?

They had a lot of different ideas and should've contained each one to it's own episode and moved on. Instead, they juggled all these balls for a whole season and sucked any comic potential out of all of them.

Did the whole church scene feel really forced to anyone else?
>week after week about the same internet trolls in south park sucks guise! *wink wink viewer*
>yeah, you're right kyle! Let's do that thing you suggested immediately without even considering it!

I thought the phone calls with garrison were pretty fucking hilarious though

>best episode in year
>"south park is dead"

How to spot plebs.

its still funny you grandpa

South Park isn'the dead yet. But this is the last season with a serialized narrative for sure.

IMO they did a great job last season with it. But season 20 is waaaaaaaaay too ambitious. The success and coherence of the story was riding on Hillary winning the election and that didn't happen. If we learned anything form season 20 its that the 6 days to air apprach to being topical while writing a serialized narritive is a horrible idea. Writers should look at season 20 as an example of what not to do.

I'm so disappointed and underwhelmed by so many things that could of been great: PC Principal'so reaction to garrison winning, the gender war arc, even the Member Berries (not even mentioned last episode). They have 1 episode, 22 minutes of air time to salvage this season. Can they do it?

Moooom, kitty's being a dildo!

>Later seasons of SP
>> Political and Social Satire.

So like season 2 and beyond.

Well then I know a certain kitty kitty who's sleeping with mommy tonight

towlie was fucking shit and probably the point of no return

>Base a whole season on "evil white alt-right reactionaries getting fucked up"
>Trump wins
whoops

>South Park is dead.

Every time since the inception of Sup Forums.
I always have a heartly kek at this threads.

>b-but it's totally real this time guys!

Ehh, this is fucking lame, dude. I see people use this meme everywhere and it just tells me they're drones that never think of themselves.

This isn't some fucking titanium shield either, that Matt and Trey can rely on to save from criticism. Believe it or not after writing material for the same show for 20 years you might start getting creatively exhausted, that is why the show is nothing but pop-culture subjects these days, these episodes have a shelf life about as good as milk.

Nobody is gonna remember this season, or the last one in 5 years. Nobody is gonna enjoy revisiting them, they're already dated.

everyone will remember the canadian trump episode

This.

Randy pretty much acts like Peter Griffin and always seems to get into whacky scenarios.

It was funny when he got to be the sideplot on the occasional episode, but now hes featured more and more and its less and less funny.

This is the best part out of the whole season seeing them scramble like that and it isn't even a joke in the show.

>No one remembers the past or cares about the past

When I watch old South Park I still laugh because I remember what people were like then and the topic they are making fun of.

I understand most people like care about hot memes and shitty trends, but not everyone cares about cuck and kek like you do.

>pop-culture subjects these days, these episodes have a shelf life about as good as milk.
>these days
>they're already dated.

But that's how they operate since season 1.

>itt: Movie Bob Army

He's for or against new SP?
I don't watch or follow this fat bastard.

Can anyone sum up the newest ep pls?

They should have just let the rest of the season play out as planned with Hillary winning, then reveal the screw at the end of the season, like its a dream or simulation or cartoon or something. Better than trying to redo the entire season on the fly.

Pretty much this. Only legitimately enjoyable thing in the whole season.

No.

They've always kept up with current topics, that is true but never lazily, in the past the show was actually concerned with being a tv show, now it is a soapbox.

I don't know what type of fan you are if you're big on the current seasons or not, but surely if you look at season 20 then season 5 you should be able to tell a difference between the two.

>Liking an episode only because it attacked Trump

Pathetic times we live in.

The Danish guy running everything, setting up Troll Tracer, capturing Gerald and the other trolls, is actually a giant troll himself and is turning the world against each other because he thinks its funny, and he isn't even Danish. Also Cartmans girlfriend uses emoji autism to solve a complex algorithm that might lead to them going to Mars.

That would be even worse.
The "it was all a dream" is probably most lazy and unimaginative thing you can do. Also SP is most know for satire of current events, not alternative timelines

It's hard to even compare current season because you can't keep up same quality on episode based season and one story over whole season. Humour is also subjective.

yeah it should have stopped there. That would have been remembered. Now the whole season has been about Trump and it's forgettable.

Towlie was bad on purpose, you retard. You liking him proved their point.

I already know what he looks like without having to look up a picture

DUDE DRUMPF LMAO

Garrison as Trump is kinda funny. Honestly I can't take either Trump or Hilary seriously. I hope Trump gets divorced and marries Paris Hilton. That would be funny.

I couldn't take the season seriously because it was so obvious how badly Matt and Trey blew it in their predictions. It's not just that they thought Hillary would win, it's that they never thought Trump would ever last more than a few months in the Primaries.

That's why they made 'Canadian Trump' and used up the character and had to resort to making Garrison into Trump for whatever reason while using the actual Hillary. They already blew their load when they thought they'd never see Trump again, and then further embarrassed themselves by making an entire season leading up to him losing which he then didn't.

This episode it felt like Garrison more than Garrrison's Trump character and that's the direction i see them going.

Hes right though

If he shits out his dick, how is his asshole dirty?

Cuz he gets fucked in the ass by Big Gay Al?

Exactly, which just proves what a clusterfuck this season is, because whatever they had planned had to be fit into Trump actually winning and I bet a lot of things don't really makes sense anymore.

I'm willing to be the whole danish president being a troll was a last minute add because Trump winning fucked them up.

holy fuck those episodes hit close to home

Yeah, they shouldn't have Garrison/Trump mimic Donald Trump. Just let Garrison be President for awhile. They could always get him impeached for pedo shit or something (#pizzagate episode?) then he could go back to being his faggot self in South Park.

They're going to have to go back to reality eventually and actually make Trump President. Unless they cancel this show finally because it's 20 years old and is tired.

They used a rickroll in the last episode trying to be clever.. After they totally misjudged the outcome of the election. It's just not funny anymore, rather annoying.

It doesn't have to be a dream, but given how completely off the rails the season has gone since trying to ad hoc into a Trump victory, they would have been better off maintaining the Hillary wins timeline, for which at least they had a reasonably coherent plan, and figure out a way to artfully reset it by the end of the season, or the next season.

I might have to agree because for the first time in dozens of years I no longer feel like watching new episodes. I have been enjoying South Park all this time, including last season and the one before when everyone was declaring SP to be dead I disagreed.

But now I'm just about giving up on SP. I thought the extended plot arc thing was going to be cool, but this has been the least funny season for me yet.

The only things making me laugh this season are trivial things like Cartman having a gf and being annoying about it - I have absolutely no interest in the extended plot arcs.

I hope SP is "fixed" next season somehow but I really doubt it will be.

>Well, I've been afraid of changing
>'Cause I've built my life around you.
Should have stayed afraid of changing, South Park.

This episode hinted that they're sick of the continuity as well hence Kyle's speech at the church.

Trey and Parker signed a contract stipulating each episode be written and made within 2 weeks of the last to keep the show up to date with current events. They had to pick a side and picked wrong. IDK how long that shitty contract is for but I doubt they re-up on it after this year.

Oh fuck YOU

>They used a rickroll in the last episode
That made me embarrassed for the show. It was an incredibly stale meme to rely on.

What's worse is that they used the same joke twice. The second one was just so cheap.

>incredibly stale meme to rely on
that's the joke einstein

ok

>that unfunny bit was the JOKE

I'll agree it was a joke. But not a good or funny joke.

The people who don't get it didn't laugh and the people who do get it are too old to find it funny and just cringed

Maybe they really meant they wanted to make it the shittiest show ever.

>the joke is that the joke sucks and it's extremely unfunny

I guess anti-humor is not for everyone. I thought it was executed alright.

I've never understood why Sup Forums will still defend Southpark, when both it, the Simpsons, and Family Guy all turned into complete shit many years ago.

Yeah the rick rolling was just lazy writing, even if the joke was that the agency who set them up was out of touch with modern memes... you could have made that joke better by using a pepe parody and showing the adults freaking out about the evil nazi frog. That would have been funnier and more relevant and would be parodying reality.

Sup Forums or /r9k/ is the danish guy as they would love to see the whole world burn for whatever reason.

age of ironic humor is over. they're floundering trying to find their footing in the new age of comedy.

>Trolltrace creator is apparently the troll to end all trolls and considers Skankhunt42 an amateur
>Still thinks rickrolling is funny

Calling last episode will be Terrance&Phillip X-Mas Special.
That's how they get out gracefully from this season/format.

They're definitely going back to the "normal" style episodes
youtube.com/watch?v=UWPM66e8oOg

Just watched the newest episode. Didn't laugh, didn't smile. Garrison being manipulated by being called a bitch was slightly amusing. Emoji analysis with Beautiful Mind parody, kind of neat. Not funny though.

What's the point?

>lets just forget about the member berries

stan is barely even in this season

Stan doesn't into internet culture.

>this episode

Man, that's a lot of impotent butthurt there, Matt, Trey.

Stan is nowhere to be found, I don't think Kenny is even a part of this season. Memberberries are the most retarded concept I've ever seen and rickrolling for the second time in 2 episodes, by some kind of trolling Jesus no less, is just sad.

How many episodes will the season have anyway, like 10?

Has been since 2009 famo

Seriously the member berries thing might be the biggest "fuck it" SP has ever done. To just completely drop it as a plot device after building it up for how many episodes....

wtf are they doing? These are classic signs of a studio just not caring and running out the clock.

>I don't think Kenny is even a part of this season
Correct.

The last quality time we spent with Kenny was last season when he bought that toy for his little sister. That was a long fucking time ago.

they make this shit up hour to hour if your looking for somthing deep go play in the sewer this is them doing what theve always done and that is make money

Why? What happened?

>implying thats not how 90% of 4channarians look like
Where do you think you are nigger? This is insecure white boy central

I hadn't really thought about it, but they've got 20 minutes to tie up this season
Ongoing plots:
>Sweden- troll trace- Swedish President- Garrison's response
>the member berries- Bruce "Call me Caitlin" Jenner
>Kyle and Ike attempting to fix this shit and absolve their dad and avoid their mum's scorn
>Heidi being so smart- Cartman ruining the relationship somehow- Emoji-analysis and mars- Elon Musk
>Butters in general

The mars storyline is the only one that seems close to a conclusion. The rest of them don't seem anywhere close
Are Matt and Trey just gonna drop them all and pull a surprise ending that ignores the entire series?

>if your looking for somthing deep
Nigga please. Even south park has standards or at least it used to. To bury a character (like the member berries) so deep into the plot over many episodes and then just have it totally disappear is bad even for SP. It's a sign that they really are dying.

>Are Matt and Trey just gonna drop them all and pull a surprise ending that ignores the entire series?
Seems most likely at this point.
They already experimented with this last season by breaking the family up and then putting them back together like nothing happened. They think it's funny.

I liked the change they did of how they tell the stories in season 19, as of being narrative arcs that develop along the entire season and not just by every episode.

This current season has been one long nosedive with viewers hoping the next episode will pull up and save the season. With the season almost over now it appears we're going to crash.