What does Sup Forums think of Citizen Kane?

Been watching movies from the early 20th century lately and was curious what people on here thought about it before watching. Really the greatest movie of all time or overrated?

Why are you asking this unusable shit hole for an opinion about film?

First time posting on Sup Forums so wouldn't know if people on here have shit taste.

My dad took me to watch Citizen Kane at a local theater that was showing it when I was 9 or 10.

Solid movie. Glad I saw it on a big screen.

there were many element of films that it did first. that is why it is critically acclaimed to be the best of all time. another reason is the use of so many elements in one. add to that the non-happy, rather cold realistic ending

It's Terrific!

Griffith said that Welles took everything he invented and gave it a new dimension in this film.

It's very deserving of being the best classic, it hasn't aged a day really. I admit I was slightly underwhelmed the first time I watched it. But years later I understood the significance of it much more, not just for it's cinematic contribution. Still, nothing really comes close to it.

Everybody's talking about it!

Its a really fantastic movie but it doesn't have the impact on someone watching it today as it did when it first came out.

This movie combined a lot of experimental filmmaking techniques that have become commonplace. At the time it blew people away.

It's really good and uses the foreground to full effect but it just seemed like a standard drama film to me.

what good Orson Welles films do you folks recommend?

I watched it recently for the first time and I didn't get it.

Too Reddit-y for my taste

MAUGHAHAUUH

Ah, the Citizen Kane is always but celebrated for its excellence.

It's a really good movie but it is not the best of all time. It lacks a strong philosophical premise, and it gets too caught up in naturalism.

The Magnificent Ambersons, Hamlet and Othello

>It lacks a strong philosophical premise, and it gets too caught up in naturalism.
How's this an argument?

The remake is better

Outstanding cinematography, benchmark for BW era. Stupid immature plot - shot today, it would probably be movie about bashing Trump. Overall Transformers of BW movies.

Touch of Evil
F is for Fake

it's really a great movie, but the greatest I wouldn't say, so yes you could say it's over-rated

but then again according to popular sites like imdb, the dark knight is one top ten best films of all time, so yeah compared to plebs perspective of greatness it is mile ahead

I will rewatch it this weekend

>Stupid immature plot
how so?

This site actually is a great place to get opinions imo. You'll get "ITS FUCKIMG SHIT" and "MASTER PIECE" all in the same thread

Dull and un-interesting story, but hey, it had those innovative camera angles, so it's the best movie ever.

get rich or die tryin