pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-50-best-albums-of-2017/

7/10 top 10 are black wow shocking

king krule was ROBBED
FUCK cuckfork

looks like brand new didn't even make it

whities BTFO

AOTYs for Kendrick: 3
Straight white men in the top 10: 1
With this list, the tie has been broken and Kendrick has received more AOTYs from Pitchfork than Panda Bear, this is very culturally significant.

>damn at #1

I really can’t disagree with them desu

Mysterious Power

Is this a joke

>still black agenda pushing
>on top of that some pretty low tier indie pop interlaced
>many of these albums are top 40 shit that even the normalfags like
>Kenderick Lamar still at number 1
Holy shit this is embarrassing. I can name more interesting releases this year I found on bandcamp of all places than this shite they are propping up. What a joke of a website

Nice to see Mount Eerie btfo. That being said, must be a weak year if DAMN is the top album. It's like the fourth-best Kendrick album.

talk about an industry plant

More Life was so fucking terrible

this

p4k:"What kind of list you want?"

coulda been worse

let me guess DAMN is number 1...

FUCK SZA

Fantano BTFO

could it though?

20-11 is better than 1-10

they could've made taylor swift aoty

I guess Fantano should rethink his 7 now

they're Brooklyn hispters, not 15 year old girls named Elise from Orange County

GAS got an 8.8 and didn't even make the list lmao

Hey P4k, good ratings don't count as reparations.

black or white how tf did lcd soundsystem crack the top 20?

Really awful

good ratings = white people buy your music
white people buy your music = reparations
???

Were any of you honestly surprised that Damn. was aoty?

stages of p4k:

1. cool, hip, attitude p4k, has originality, mostly covers white oriented indie guitar music

2. p4k sells out, sells website to giant corporation, starts pretending top 40 pop and rap are good, becomes full sjw garbage

3. starts to cover things that arent music, slow at first, but i bet in a few years they will have whole sections about shit that isnt even music

4. ????????

5. dead

>buying music

Literal shit list.

I told you plebs time and time again: You only hate Kendrick Lamar's album because Sup Forums told you to. You list to it once and head straight to the Fantano.

Meanwhile those with taste don't read reviews.

Where the fuck is Sleep Well Beast?

No..... he got it right.

Holy fuck that SZA album is one of the blandest things I've heard all year.

I get really sad now when the p4k lists come out each year. These lists played a MASSIVE role in exposing me to music from the 2000's. I would go through each year and listen to nearly all 50 albums when I was first getting into music.

It's pretty lame that kids reading this list in the coming years will be told that SZA and Kelala produced two of the most worthwhile albums to listen to.

>Pitchfork
>Influencing shit
Fuck those niggers

How didn't ariel pink get on the list when he got BNM?

2017 was a fucking awful year for popular music. That's how.

Same, it was our MTV. And now it's gone the way of MTV.

>white
>male

Gas got 8.8 BNM and no mention either.

Real shame coz I thought the new Ariel Pink was his best since before today.

Because he's a fucking white male.

Yeah, I don't get that

This is honestly really sad.

I wonder if modern p4k writers would even give something like Sung Tongs or Funeral hugher than a 7.

wh*Toids can give up now
make way for more black excellence

Those albums only deal with white perspectives. They aren't really inclusive enough to be considered great albums.

Remember when Pitchfork was relevant?

>polygondwanaland didn't even make the list
>king krule behind sza and kendrick
>Kendrick's worst release to date at #1
>Lana being anywhere except the trashcan
>Kamasi Washington on the cutting edge of western music, while being practically the last artist of his kind, and still can't make top 10
>More Life was horseshit even by Drake's standards

what is this?

Well I mean nothing you mentioned deserves a stop in the top 50 either.

>something like Sung Tongs or Funeral
that soy garbage is both 5 at best, lmaoing at the estrogen tits dorks who think their precious faux experimetnal middlebrow indeh was differed that much from anything on that list

no alex cameron either. hm... really makes you think.

actually a pretty good list but yeah, it's off when you compare it with review scores. taken by itself though, it's not bad.

>Literally calling your project Keklele
lmao

Anybody else thrown off by the Dream Dady track on the list? I love me sore bear love but wtf

>tfw when ur an oldfag and mtv was your mtv

yeah a ton of albums that got 7s made it in there. I think it's fine for them to throw in a few non-BNMs here and there for a surprise but they're making it way too unpredictable now. They're kind of making their ratings/BNMs less meaningful desu

where the fuck is narkopop? why is it mostly crappy hiphop? garbage list

Because it's p4k post-2013

Same. Pitchfork literally shaped the canon for a decade or so. These lists used to be HUGE. And now it's straight garbage.

I feel that you need to get some sleep, sober up, and then try to articulate that message in a clearer state of mind before I can properly respond to it.

This is the 7th year in a row that I've looked at the p4k AOTY list on the night it came out. They've gotten worse every year. 2011 and 2012 were decent lists (besides giving Bon Iver aoty lmao). The quality started dropping in 2013, 2014 was pretty bad, 2015 was also bad but had some redeeming qualities (I'm a huge TPAB fan). 2016 and 2017 have been utter shit though. Conde Nast p4k is terrible.

I actually thought their 2010-2014 albums list was pretty good. Hopefully their end of the decade list won't totally suck ass.

Black Male (14): Open Mike Eagle; Lil B; Drake; Playboi Carti; Kamasi Washington; Future; Thundercat; Migos; Sampha; JAY-Z; Tyler, the Creator; Vince Staples; Moses Sumney; Kendrick Lamar

Black Female (5): Vagabon; Syd; Jlin; Kelela; SZA

White Male (7): Fleet Foxes; Mount Kimbie; Arca; Perfume Genius; Mount Eerie; The War on Drugs; King Krule

White Female (12): Laurel Halo; Girlpool; Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith; Zola Jesus; Julie Byrne (?); Kelly Lee Owens; Lana Del Rey; St. Vincent; Julien Baker; Charlotte Gainsbourg; Fever Ray; Lorde

Other (6): Yaeji; (Sandy) Alex G; Kehlani; Ibeyi; Jay Som; Björk

Mixed (6): Run the Jewels; The xx; Priests; Slowdive; Big Thief; LCD Soundsystem

>Alex G
>Bjork
>other

also you can call LCD Soundsystem white male, it's pretty much James Murphy's solo project

>Slowdive
>mixed
Wot. Who in Slowdive's isn't basically "white"?

I think he means it's because there's a girl in the band

I wasn't sure about Alex G or Bjork.

There's a female in the group.

so in other words, 19 black artists out of 50. is this still egregious for identity politics obsessed Sup Forumstards?

>the xx
irrelevant
>jay z
irrelevant
>lil b
been irrelevant
>tyler
holy fucking irrelevant
>kendrick
black people don’t even give a shit about kendrick anymore

the bitch at 50 is a hundred times more interesting than any of these people and she just makes lackluster /bleep/ shit

How do we take alternative media back from the mainstream mob, you guys?

Alex G's a white dude, Bjork is a white woman

Too problematic, same with brand new and the national

>bjork
>white

>>Kamasi Washington on the cutting edge of western music, while being practically the last artist of his kind, and still can't make top 10
Get the fuck out of here lmfao, Pitchfork's list looks golden compared to your picks

explain to me how tyler and kendrick are irrelevant you fucking retard

>Avoiding Science Fiction just for the snow flakes
Kek

>St.Vincent and Lorde got extra points for being socially aware and female

I didn't know The Lorde was a black girl.

Kind of a shit list, but I am happy they put that Moses Sumney album in the top 10. Shit was a gift from God

Also Fleet Foxes way way low

>Fleet Foxes way way low
no, it's right

Can you do this for top 100 songs?

and do you have your data from last year?

its not surprising, black people made most of the music in history

More than Europeans and Asians?

Definitely more than europeans and asians considering human history

:s

Blacks made up 54% of top 100 songs and nearly 40% of top albums

Despite being 12% of US population

Weird

It's almost like if you're broke and in shit situations, you tend to want to make music about it or the only thing you can do in your free time is pick up an instrument that has infinite re-use value.

Look at most of early American folk. How many of them were rich?

how many of these artists are truly starting from the bottom tho

they're black so probably all of them except like Chance

kill yourself

Hitler once said, ‘you tell a big enough lie long enough, people to believe it.’

Everyone now thinks Kanye West is one of the greatest artists of our generation

Fuck Pitchfork

>rappers
>picking up instruments

lol

reddit

reddit

spacing

>GAS, Protomartyr, Oxbow, Brand New, Mac Demarco, Xiu Xiu, Richard Dawson, King Gizz all nowhere to be found
>A bunch of random black r&b singers everywhere
If this is a liberal agenda thing they are doing a shit job because they didn't even put Brockhampton on here

Pitchfork what the fuck are you doing

wait are you saying p4k rating it AOTY somehow proves that people who think the album sucks are wrong?
i like DAMN. and i think that's retarded, you're retarded

A FUCKING WHITE MALE IN THE TOP 10 ?????????

DISGUSTING

PITCHFORK SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES BUNCH OF RACIST PATRIARCHAL SHITLORDS

Kendrick Lamar could literally fart in a walkie talkie and p4k would still find a way to give it BNM

Should this album been in the top 50 Sup Forums?

Can someone explain this to me? How does this make any sense?