Your Name

Just went to see this at the cinema without really expecting anything just because it was on and i needed to kill a couple of hours in town. Had its cringy moments but overall it captures the feeling of longing amazingly well.

Haven't really watched any anime movies before, anything else this good?

Other urls found in this thread:

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is fucking shit
Watch Perfect Blue now that's a movie

The case of Hanna & Alice
End of Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell
Vampire hunter D: Bloodlust
Redline
The Garden of Words (same director as Your Name)
The girl that leapt through time

Cheers, will give some of them a try

this movie is garbage, some japbro leaked it a month ago.

Drama/mostly grounded films:

5 Centimeters per Second (same director, and his most well-known film until now)
Whisper of the Heart
From Up on Poppy Hill
When Marnie Was There
Millennium Actress
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

4 hours of pure animation kino

Paprika is inception done better

Why is the 5 cm/s guy literally incapable of making anything that doesnt look like a 5 cm/s rehash?

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, an anime preview, an anime episode, and an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar nominated, and a box office success, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255

He's an auteur. His films have a certain style to them. You might as well ask why everything Wong Kar-Wai makes looks like something made by Wong Kar-Wai.

Did Sup Forums just meme'd Keit-ai into reality?

There's memes and then there's mental illness. This is mental illness.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

Dont like it? Go back to your board manchild.

>grouping kaiji and lain with all this Sup Forumscore
off ys desu

lol, don't even compare it to inception. paprika is in a league of it's own. satoshi is legend status

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

don't even compare 5cm to wong kar wai, nobody can depict love like him. he's legend status

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 12 weeks, 11 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Mononoke as #3 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 19.49 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Now projected to possibly approach 20 billion yen (US$200 million).
>Nominated for an Oscar

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

It's plainly obvious I wasn't comparing them. I used Wong Kar-Wai as another example of an auteur.

how dare you use that tone of voice with me, i am legend status

it's just a shitty bait post he didn't even make it himself

why do Sup Forums drones get so upset when caught? no other board is like this

Why does it make you so angry I enjoyed a fun piece of entertainment? Calm down a bit mate, Sup Forums doesn't matter that much.

Thanks, have looked at some of these and they seem like exactly the sort of the thing I'm looking for.