How is Anakin not a bigger Mary Sue than Rey?

How is Anakin not a bigger Mary Sue than Rey?

>like 6 years old
>more mediclorians than Yoda
>literally "the chosen one" of the prophecy.
>built C3P0 in his bedroom despite being a slave with no education
>only human who can podrace
>wins podrace against Sebulba despite having a shit pod, almost no experience, a failed start, and sabatoge
>hasn't even hit puberty and Natalie Portman wants his dick
>gets in a star fighter for the first time in his life
>immediately destroys several destroyer droids saving the Queen
>doesn't even know how to fly and destroys the Trade Federation Capital ship winning the Battle of Naboo.

He is in some ways but he's still an annoying little shit and not able to defend himself exactly. Not to mention at least he's original. Rey just apes off of other things from star wars.

>I no tha millemium falcum better than han solo xD
>I em LUKE SKYWALKER aprentice
>Leia Solo rly care bout me mor dan any1
>i ken lifesaber

Would rather watch an original piece of shit than poorly written propoganda

Well, he is the Jesus of his galaxy.

rey is the reincarnation of ani

Rey would have outdualed Darth Maul.

If Episode 1 Anakin was like Rey he would have:

-Beaten and killed Darth Maul all by himself
-Destoyed the Trade Federation Ship willingly
-Learned jedi abilities after the first meeting with Qui Gon
-Removed himself from Wattos Slavery

Anakin wasn't a Sue though. Yes, there was the very stupid prophecy aspect, but he obviously fails a lot, made mistakes, was dependent on others and despite his developed reflexes, he did not yet know the force, he really needed Jedi council for that. With Rey you get a sense that training is pointless, as she just activates it herself. At the end of TFA I half expected Luke to shake his head, tell her to keep the lightsaber and then ask her to teach him the ways of the force. Rey was ridiculously OP.

This needs to be retconned next episode. It will require a severe defeat of Rey by Kylo or another, and other flaws, but I doubt it will happen. The damage is probably terminal.

>This needs to be retconned next episode. It will require a severe defeat of Rey by Kylo or another, and other flaws, but I doubt it will happen. The damage is probably terminal.

I agree with you, she has already acquire all the plot armor she's ever going to need, she defeated a fully trained "sith" and is deeply connected to the force somehow, I think the other movies are going to be centered around why Luke dump her in "Tatooine" and such.

A lot depends on how you word it.

Anakin is a genetic anomaly which unprecedented abilities, and he ends up being exploited for political purposes and is taken to a monastery by cultists who believe he's their promised messiah. He grows up in isolation and is indoctrinated into stoic ascetism.

What the fuck does that have to do with the concept of a mary sue? He wasn't the real hero or the protagonist of Phantom Menace, almost no character had an interest in him and he doesn't appear a whole lot outside of the podrace. The other two prequels deal with how he's not universally loved by the cast, makes mistakes that have terrible consequences that others point out and criticise him for, calling him a mary sue is totally inappropriate.

Anakin got fucking bullied into insanity IRL. Nobody likes him. What a ridiculous thread.

Despite being a slave, he and his mother were treated pretty well.
>held jobs
>looked after by a wealthy merchant
>had their own home
They just had to deal with minor oppression by aliens and the threat of being blown up if they tried to run off.

jews are bro-tier

It would be nice to see Kylo up early in the next film and humble her the fuck out. Easily outduel her and maybe even cut off her arm (like pottery), to prove that their last match was a fluke.

Then she has to spend the next two movies training and growing.

>yfw anything outside of eps 4-6 and maybe 7 are just DBZ in space except perhaps even more retarded

No, he's almost ten. He was a slave who not only had to work, but was entered by his crazy ass boss, into several races where he would have died were it not for his ability to see the future. Even with this ability, He still Wrecked several pods.

So he basically got good by PRACTICING. You know, like skate boarding; you fall down the first few times, but after a lot of falls and scrapes and bruises, you eventually get Good.

It was acknowledged in the movie that Anakin never finished a race and had crashed SEVERAL pods before the events of the Phantom Menace.

Rey had never Flew The Falcon before but flew it perfectly. Out flew a trained fighter pilot from the Empire. Knew how to fix the Falcon. Knew more about the Falcon than Han. Knew how to use the force EXPERTLY even though she didn't believe in it hours before.

It was established you have to be taught how to access the force and then you have to PRACTICE to develop any kind of proficiency. You know, like an actual skill that requires EFFORT, TIME and DISCIPLINE, not to mention, PRACTICE, to get good at. That was always the mythos until Shitty Disney and the house of Rats along with J jew, got involved.

Anakin worked in Wattoo's shop which, INVOLVED HIM, selling droids and other devices, notably, SHIP ENGINE PARTS. Anakin had spent his young years SLAVING AWAY IN WATTOO'S SHOP. Even an idiot would have developed some type of proficiency especially when you're forced to slave day in and day out for years.

Any old ass can pull a button to fire a gun, you retarded ass hat. He was in a fighter jet met to take on capitol ships and other fighters. What could a droid do against a ship's blaster?

He was wired to the battle REMOTELY, begs R2 to get him off the Remote wire, USES HIS PRACTICED TRIED AND TRUE ABILITY OF USING HIS PRESCIENCE TO AVOID DANGER, and while avoiding danger happens onto the lead ship. While PULLING THE TRIGGER AS HE DID PREVIOUSLY TO BLAST THE DROIDS, HE DESTROYS FUEL TANK

7 is uninspired shite cashgrab and even though the prequels sucked, at least they took a chance. 7 was the most cynical franchise reboot of the last few years, which is saying something.

Really? More cynical than total recall, robocop, or the lethal weapon TV show? I don't think so. It at least respects the world of the originals even if it's an ANH retread

Had a Weird Al song written for him.

Yes. The empire which was meant to be a Nazi allegory is so over the top Nazi like, that it's embarrassing.

The beginning is literally a remake of A New Hope.

And the movie is literally a how to on coincidences. Every fucking thing is coincidence. Rey happens to not only run into Falcon , but happens to run into Han, and happens to find some rip off of Yoda who happens to have Luke's Light saber. Horrible movie.

Even R2 happens to wake up at the right time with the rest of the map, which is ironic since Finn happens to find Rey. Rey happened to run into BB8. I could go on and on and on.

/thread

who said he wasnt?

at least it makes sense that someone with incredible skills could let it go to his head and turn to the dark side. luke wasn't as proficient and it probably helped him keeping it together.

But he's not at all a mary sue. Rey's a mary sue. Anakin never was, even though he was literally made from the Force.

Of course.
That's why TFA is the second shittiest star wars movie after the Phantom Menace.

Tell me, in what way is Anakin a Mary Sue. Go ahead, I'll wait.

>he didn't mention Ghostbusters

is that why he got his ass totally handed to him in episode two and three by older and more experienced force users unlike rey vs ren?

Ghostbusters wasn't nearly as cynical as TFA.

>what is Episode II

>flrew a fighter and destroyed the trade federation's capital ship
>at 10

it's duh force

There are different levels of Mary Sue. Yes anakin blew up an entire droid control ship on accident, etc, however the movie didn't really treat that shit as important and you know it. It's totally different from Rey actually fighting with the main villain. If anakin had somehow fought and held off farther maul himself then he'd be equally Mary sue

>however the movie didn't really treat that shit as important and you know it.

It was literally the climax of the film. Its what they were all celebrating in the final scene...

Yes because none of those series even came close to the legacy of star wars. Not to mention it's Disney, a company many hold (or used to hold) in high esteem for coming up with really huge original blockbusters. All those series you mentioned ran their course so a reboot, while perhaps unnecessary, made sense. Doing a reboot of one of the most popular movies ever and injecting a bunch of identity politics and nostalgic pandering was an awful idea. The only thing worse is that they spent a billion dollars shoving it down everyone's throats so you can't avoid it even if you want to.

Anakin only ever tried to avoid danger. You know like he practiced to do over and repeatedly while wrecking several pods after his boss entered him into a great many pod races. Don't tell me you sped watched episode 1 and is now literally talking out of your ass?
Don't tell me you forgot the bit where they said even though he could see the future his power only ever made him as capable as his alien opponents?
Don't tell me you forgot the part where he said the ship's controls were indentical to the pod's controls and that he had to beg R2 to remove him from the fly by wire controls that took all the ships to the battle?
Don't tell me you forgot the part where he used his ability to avoid danger like he always did, and while avoiding danger lands on the lead ship's hanger bay, engine over heats and gets all scared because droids are coming?
Don't tell me you forgot where he simply pulled the fighter's trigger and accidentally blows up a refueling ship going "oops!" before starting his engines and getting out of their?

If Anakin was a Mary sue like Rey, he would have single handedly beaten Maul, found and defeated Sidious, Flew the pod with his eyes closed, and fired a blaster into the air, striking the fuel tank on the lead ship from thousands of miles away.

More like J.J. and the Rat's fan made film. Star Wars died the moment George sold it to the slavers of white people.

>however the movie didn't really treat that shit as important and you know it.

Autopilot

george pls go

this

fta was shit

And yet if Anakin was Rey he would not have gotten down when Qui Gon told him to do so, he would have force froze Maul in mid flip and blasted him away with the Force's almighty push up into the atmosphere to die because of oxygen deprivation.

If you're going to suck j.jew's dick, at least do so for the right reasons you intolerable gay imitator.

>auto pilot navigates ship into the capital ship's hangar

>going this autistic
I'll never understand prequel defender's. You must have been a child when it came out.

No you ass. He avoided danger like he practiced for years while racing a pod at a thousand miles per hour. Or did you speed through the phantom menace and only watched Red shit media's plinkshit as a refresher before posting? Don't answer because i know you did, you ass.

O, aren't we in denial. Go shove a bag of ass up your ass to cure that butt hurt you're obviously suffering from, you piece of donkey shiite.

You even swear like an autistic child.

>-Removed himself from Wattos Slavery

Correcting that:
He wouldn't even be a slave.
He would be a free successful technician and pilot on that planet.

Who cares what you think, you pus filled dick wad!

/thread

The difference is no one is afraid of calling his character out for being shit out of fear of being labeled sexist, like they are with Rey.

But he's not whereas Rey is. She's a blatant Mary Sue. She's more of a mary sue than lara croft was in two movies. More of a mary sue than Mr and Mrs Smith was. more of a mary sue than Rambo and the force of freedom was versus the restored Yamato.

>It's a good autopilot

Ben Quadinaros is the real hero of episode one.

>-Learned jedi abilities after the first meeting with Qui Gon

Jedi abilities were the reason A SIX YEAR OLD was able to win 500mph races.

>treated with skepticism and distrust from the start by the Jedi that foresaw "grave danger" in his training. Yoda only agreeing to it because Obi-wan threatened to train him regardless of approval.
>Used as a pawn for political gain by the one person he thought he could trust.
>Is shown outmatched by force users more experienced than him
>His cockiness and naivety leads to dire consequences for the galaxy

This doesn't sound like a Gary Stu.

>he has revenge fantasies against a fictional character

>>I no tha millemium falcum better than han solo xD
This isn't valid. Who knows how long Solo has been away from the Falcon. In his older age he might be losing his edge and might not care as much as he used to. Whereas Rey was a huge mark for the Millenium Falcon and probably studied it super hard whenever she could.

But only proficiency in prescience, which isn't really an edge since all force users has this to varying degrees. It's basically the easiest ability to master. Even the younglings at the Jedi temple used it. By closing their blast helmet shields, they were able to use Prescience to know where to block from. Luke learned a bit of it thanks to Obi Wan during the events of the first movie, A new Hope; remember when he wore the blast shield cover closed and used a slight bit of prescience while saber training? You know the very same prescience he was called on to use at the end of the movie when he used Prescience to know WHEN to pull the trigger?

people latch on to the "b-but he was a mechanical genius at age 7!!!" aspect, but in his first scene he mentions that he wouldn't even be here if he wasn't so good at repairs. That's the difference between Rey and Anakin
>I bypassed the compressah despite having no reason to know what that is
vs
>I have to be able to build robots and fix pods because if I can't me and my mother will be sold and beaten to death by Hutts

>he white knights for a fictional character
Also, what that guy said is the only way to salvage her into a decent character

Sure, and I'm sure Luke studied the inner workings of Rey's pussy from where he was because he Probably became so proficient in the force that he could see and touch what the force could see and touch therefore he Probably knew enough about the force to be able to taste, see and smell without every having to leave where the fuck he was to go actually put his tongue into Rey's bleeder and fart box. And when he finally met her, he was like, "Does she know it was me who tongue punched her bleeder and fart box." And after Rey passed him the saber he was like,"Does she want me to fuck her with my old light saber? What a kinky bitch!" All of which could have happened because, WHO KNOWS, am i rite?!?!?

Rey was a scavenger. She scavenged a giant ship for parts in the scene. She's been doing this for her entire life. It's safe to say she had a fair bit of mechanical ability, more so than a 10 year old slave with access to used parts from his master.

You need help.

kikikik

Yeah you do need help. I can imagine you talking like this to people in real life and when they walk away disgusted you go online and blame SJWs.

Niggers in africa scavenge discarded apple products and you don't see them assembling computers from scrap, knowing how a valuable part looks doesn't mean she knows what it does

Great post kid, that was one in a million! Now let's meme this thing and go home!

> For You

>what that guy said
>pretending not to be a samefag

>How is Anakin not a bigger Mary Sue than Rey
Because he's an original part of the canon he wasn't thrown in thirty years after the fact.

Mary Sue usually refers to that one style of poorly written self insert fan fiction where the character who is totally a stand in for the author meets up with the whole cast and everyone instantly loves them and they are somehow better than the original cast at everything. The original Mary Sue goes on board the enterprise and she out logics spock, out engineers scotty, out medicine's bones, and she's also immune to kirk's charms and everyone loves her for it, then she dies heroically at the end and everyone cries because that person they just met is gone.

That more or less fits rey to a T so far, the scene where she out Hans Han on the Falcon was especially egregious, she really just hasn't died for our sins yet.

Because they're niggers.

And Rey's a woman.

well played.

>what is R2

Just having "good" things happen to you doesn't make a character a Mary Sue. Anakin's character in the prequels is actually to some extent a deconstruction of a Mary Sue trope. The joke can be made that it's because George Lucas is too incompetent to make a Mary Sue, but tbf he was trying to make a "tragic hero", not a "wunderkind" like Rey.

Let's list how he's different from a Sue character:

>In TPM, he is not the main protagonist, as a Sue must be - Anakin's "godmode" powers were something the other characters reacted to in-universe, it wasn't just "yeah, she's going to defy the odds", it's "oh, those are good odds" (which is why the Podrace dragging on is so bad)
>In 2 his life sucks a good deal because his mother dies and he gets blue-balled around Natalie Portman. Further, there's the tension between him being totally unready for this prophecy and the expectation put on him by his somewhat insecure/jealous teacher, as well all the Jedi who were raised into the order in a way he wasn't prepared for at all, so they couldn't understand him and vice versa.
>Then in 3, he totally screws things up on a scale unprecedented in galactic history, kills his wife, and gets horribly burnt and mutilated, spending the next 20 years as a robot-like monstrosity murdering people who were once your friends on behalf of the guy who set you up to be betrayed.

If it hadn't been for finding his son and sacrificing himself for him, he wouldn't have known anything other than despair and misery for the rest of his life when his machine stopped being able to keep him alive or Palpatine found someone to replace him.

If we didn't have the original trilogy, and foreknowledge of what Anakin would be, then there would be no confusion about him being a Mary Sue.

Bigger than Rey? no. Pretty big mary sue in some ways? yes. Big reason why nobody fucking likes that movie.

The reason people complain a lot more about Rey is that they see her 'mary sue'-ness as the creators of the movie shoving an agenda down your throat.

Star Wars fans are watching Disney pat itself on the back for turning Star Wars into a fucking woman's power fantasy. Rey is the ultra- feminist icon because she represents how all self-absorbed women see themselves: beautiful, great at everything, special, unique and chosen, no flaws to be found, deserving of male worship, never ever ever wrong.

Anakin was a ridiculous and implausible character because George Lucas got a little ahead of himself jerking off his creator-insert and Episode I suffered. Rey is a ridiculous and implausible character because the creators deliberately made her that way to push a feminist agenda. That's why people made more noise about her.

Did Anakin beat Darth Maul in a duel?

/thread

Nobody likes anakin either

>killed children
>got btfo by Count Dookie
>couldn't save his wife
>got btfo by the high grounds
Wow, what a mary sue lmao