Dog pound scene

>dog pound scene
>somebody casually mentions that dogs get killed after a few weeks if nobody adopts or reclaims them
Do americans really do this?
It's something that I'd expect from some sandnigger shithole, not a first world country.

Yes they do, and ill give you one better.

PETA, you know, that group of fucking terrorists that everyone hates who claim they fight for animal rights?

They kill dogs and cats that they "rescue" as well. They do it using literal gas chambers.

>tfw you wish you could adopt every unwanted and abused dog in the world and give them a happy life on some huge farmland

Yes let us have dogs take over the world stupid liberals

It happens in your country too, idiot.

The fuck does this have to do with politics, retard?

No it doesn't.
Source: I volunteered in one.

Depeds on the animal shelter or whatnot. It's terribly sad. If no one picks up the doggos they put the down because they can't afford the resources to feed hundreds of dogs

i don't like thinking about ti because it makes me sad

>I have no empathy and I also have a near obsessive urge to drag politics into absolutely every conversation I have
t. Person with no friends

>PETA gas pets and its completely contrary to what they are claiming/working towards

Real tired of the meme tbqh, I am pretty sure they would do if they could, but nobody has that kind of resources to keep a bunch of animals around, gasing them is the equivalent of shooting a wounded horse.

What would you have they do? Leave them out in the wilderness so they could starve to death or let nature takes it course? At least gasing them was the quicker way out.

Not only that, but PETA kills a much higher percentage of healthy mild tempered animals than shelters do. Shelters do it out of necessity, unlike PETA.

also not just to feed them but care for them. at that point it's just a bunch of doggos not getting personal love and attention.

>PETA cultist
>on Sup Forums

Don't you have animals to abuse, faggot?

Would you rather see them kept in small cages for years until they finally die? Do you have any idea how many stray pets there are every year, you think they magically just have infinite budget and resources for housing, feeding and medicating them? Best estimates for homeless cats alone is like seventy fucking million. Seventy!

no kill shelters will only take in as many as they can handle, then they refuse to take more. people donate food and play with the animals everyday.

I don't even live in america pham and I dare you to suggest a better alternative.

I rather kill animals to end their life as quickly and as painless as possible rather than leaving them to fend for themselves so they can die slowly but out of my own sight, kys you hyprocrite.

Yeah PETA kills them cuz they like it

>visit mexico
>hundreds of feral dogs running around villages and small towns
>go to Mexico City
>literal packs of wild dogs running around

I support no-kill shelters and it's a tragedy that animals have to suffer on behalf of the inability of people to go through the process of neutering/spaying but the alternate to killing them is both too expensive and not feasible given the severe overpopulation of feral dogs.

It happens to cats too. I live in a shitty neighborhood and nobody has a neutered/spayed pet, pet license, pet insurance or a fucking leash. People are just selfish morons who are incapable of exerting basic humanity to a living thing that for all intents and purposes are practically babies

Fuck off fags I'll bring politics in if I want

I own two dogs maybe u should give Shirley to fuck g fags like urgent mum

But what's the point of saving them if you're going to supress them anyway?

TAKE THEM TO NO KILL FARMS AND SHELTERS YOU FUCKING CUNT.

Theres plenty of those all over the fucking place, ive had to take some room mates pets to them when they bailed and left their poor pets on my lap.

Also OP, and this just happened to us, sometimes the humane society will give you damaged pets and not tell you. We got a kitten with a genetic heart defect that would have been EASILY diagnosable (all they would have had to do was listen to his heart). We have to give him special meds for the rest of his life, but it doesnt bother us. Just saying, if you ever get a pet from them, get a second opinion check up on them ASAP.

What's wrong with feral dogs ?

Honest question, I know something must be wrong but I'm curious for examples.

They want animals and humans to be separate. Pets depend on people, so pets need to go.

Save them and give them a good life if possible, failing that, end their suffering ASAP.

read no kill farms and shelters has a limit, you think money, food, living space and people who take care of unwanted animals grow on trees?

Are you serious?
They can be dangerous and they multiply without control.

You can't be this stupid

The sooner you realize dogs are animals just like pigs the happier you'll be.
I've seen 5 dogs die in my lifetime and I'm 24. I have 2 other dogs right now and one is very old. None of them bought/wanted by me. After these fucks I'm done buying cute puppies to stand around and be euthanized in less than 20 years.

By the way OP dogs get killed everywhere, not only in the USA.
They are literally things with no rights, legally speaking.
My mother's friend had a bitch that birthed 11 puppies. "How many do you want to keep madam?" asked the vet. She answered "2".
The rest got the needle as soon as they came out of their mother.

And I'm frankly tired of feeling sorry for them. Dogs are an unnatural race of wolf-slaves which live, die and breed on command.
They only exist when owned, or they get killed.
I don't want to have dogs anymore. It sucks. They also shit everywhere, and can be obnoxiously loud.

Yeah, I'm a bit stupid and I lack imagination.

So, that could end up like a Stalker situation where you get chased by 20 dogs every corner you take ?

t. mohammed abu alizaz al-farab

sad but true, and I am speaking this as a dog lover.

most people are unwilling to accept the truth because of MUH FEELINGS and THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY due to ignorance.

>PETAs goals are the ethical and humane treatment of animals, one of the ways being stopping kill shelters
>yet they still gas perfectly healthy and good natured animals

And yet I'm the one called a hypocrite.

Now listen, I got nothing against gassing animals, it's necessity, and I got no problem with kill shelters. I got problems with PETA because everything they do is doublethink. Not to mention they commit terrorist acts. A kill shelter doesn't break into an animal testing site, pull all the animals out, set the place on fire, then gas the fucking animals they supposedly "rescued". They're not sane people, the things they do are not rational or for any good. Accept it, the world and animals would be better off without PETA.

>the dogs develop into a feral hunting pack terrorizing the countryside
good job user

>A kill shelter doesn't break into an animal testing site, pull all the animals out, set the place on fire, then gas the fucking animals they supposedly "rescued".

>animals being contained in a small space and subjected to needles and god knows what other type of horrors that are only shown in body horror films on a daily basis
>pulling them out of this situation is not rescuing them

you think they are going to give them a nice meal and a nice pat on the head after testing their latest penis-enchantment pill on the little fellas? get fucking real.

they do this for humans too

why don't they just release them all into the national parks, they'll learn to take down deer and breed wolf sluts.

Population control is a necessary evil. Sometimes the easy thing to do and the right thing to do aren't the same.

Oh my god, you retarded bleeding heart faggot. Why do you keep veering off of the point? Why can you not handle the fact that PETA is just as bad as any other "bad end" place?

There are dozens of organizations that rescue animals and actually do good by them, but PETA isn't one of them. They go from cages in a lab to cages in a PETA location to gassed. PETA also organizes people to take pets from homes for euthanization. Just because they think humans shouldn't have animals as pets. Doesn't matter if the animal was loved and treated wonderfully, gassed.

>Population control is a necessary evil.
Yeah that's what neutering is for.
In civilized countries at least.

reminds me of my aunts and grandma who are huge animal lovers. They believe animals cant live outside and its better to capture them and have them put down. Trying to reason with them is futile.

Cats can, dogs can't.

I don't even give a fuck about PETA, I have been accused of being a PETA cultist in replies to my previous posts.

I know I haven't been fully clear on my position in the whole thread but I know the whole deal about how PETA's ideal of man and animal are suppose to not be with each other and all that retarded crap and I disagree with them on that point.

But as I had previously stated, if you can't offer them a chance at a relatively happy life via the option of a shelter due to them being full, the only other alternative is to euthanize them as quickly as painlessly possible.

Generally what PETA has been doing is retarded because they kill animals out of principal, but killing to prevent additional suffering is a fully valid choice of action to take when there's no alternative.

First world countries don't like to have packs of wild dogs shitting and pissing everywhere and bothering people.

Well they only do it to cats, there arent any wild dogs running around here.

My grandma had to go to the hospital because she grabbed a wild cat that was trying to hide in the sewer or something, then had it put down.

I mean its not like they're going to take over the city. It's more like every so often, some little kid is going to get mauled by a pack of feral dogs because they see he's a target of opportunity.

no other country does this because that kind of thing is handled by charities that actually care about the animals, meanwhile in clapistan you have "the city dog pound" run by the state that's only concern is meeting some quota

And my arguments have agreed with your points, like I said, I don't mind euthanasia, it's necessary, but originally you were defending PETA's gassing, which is senseless, as many of the animals could still be in good homes, or if nothing less, potentially being used for the betterment of the world as test subjects. If you agree that euthanasia is necessary, then being used as test subjects is hardly a further step. Without animal test subjects we and animals would still be dying from countless maladies now cured.

Because fucking retards who don't spay and neuter their pets and end up with dozens of unwanted young that have to go somewhere. People are fucking stupid

If we kill every living thing there will be no more suffering

You sound like a fucking JRPG villain

What a retarded statement. I'm you have no idea the problems we have with pet overpopulation in this country. I'm guessing you also don't realize the costs associated with caring and housing millions of stray animals.

All the people hating on peta in this thread still haven't given a good alternative to gas, they just keep calling peta hypocrites and act like that constitutes as an argument

>source: anecdotal data
Do third worlders really do this?

Except you miss the part where we have animals for test subjects and there are already shelters filled with dogs that people could adopt. I don't think you understand the number of animals out there that peta "rescues" is way more than needed to reach the demand you bring up.

No one arguing this gives a shit about gassing animals, they give a shit that PETA gasses animals that have no reason to be gassed just because they think humans and animals should be separate. It's absolutely senseless.

It's not euthanasia that's the main problem. It's the hypocrisy. PETA protests animal rights shelters all the time, and some of them think it's evil to have pets in the first place, and they think they're great for killing them?

This is what I'm talking about
>have no reason to be gassed
What are you on. Does overpopulation mean nothing to you? Where exactly are these heaps of dogs gonna go

God you're thick. At least follow the reply chain. PETA is known for taking animals from good happy homes and gassing them. As well as breaking into laboratories and taking the animals from them and gassing them after setting the lab on fire.

this.

it happens everywhere, even in OP's country i'm sure. just because the one he volunteered at didn't do it doesn't mean others don't.

uncontrolled breeding, either for profit(11 puppies! $150 each!) or by accident(not neutering or keeping control), pets owners dying, pets getting lost, stolen or running away, etc is what makes it necessary.
pounds aren't cheap to run. no kill shelters have capacity limits.
the dog in the cage for 4 months needs to make room for a dog that has a better chance, lest that dog be neglected or put down too.

there's not enough room at shelters or loving families for every dog in the world to exist. has to be done. sucks, but has to be done.

This wouldn't be an issue if christians weren't against providing birth control

Retard.

Even city pounds will give an animal a few days to have a chance at getting a home. PETA will gas them without making that effort. That is the difference. PETA will even take pets from peoples home and then gas them.

Is the concept of "Hypocrisy" so fucking impossible for people like you to understand?

>triggered americuck
See

How is it senseless?
If I gas an animal I separate it from humans.

>gassing Jews is wrong
>gassing dogs and cats is ok
What did they mean by this?

Yes, that's exactly why you have packs of wild dogs running around your shit favela.

>they also shit everywhere

just because your dogs were poorly trained doesn't mean all dogs are, i've lived with 4 dogs in my life and this has never been a problem

they do bark a lot though

I thought no Jews were ever gassed, Sup Forums.

Yeah, cause charities don't exist in America and we only have evil gas chamber pounds.

Irresponsible owners outnumber responsible ones.
The eventual result is the animals outnumber the charities, independent shelters and willing adopters.

Do all other countries have a "One Pet Policy" that's strictly enforced or something? Shoot breeders on site? Police who raid houses to chop the nuts off of newly born animals?
Because that's the only way the logistics would possibly have the chance to work out.
Or you live somewhere strays are snatched up the second they're spotted so some slum family can have dinner.

Notch does. Notch could have made a wonderfilled home for abused pups but instead he bought a shitty mansion

>eyewitness testimony doesn't count because empiricism
Do autists really do this?

Wouldn't happen if Americans weren't so lackadaisical with their pets.

>oh no Princess Barkykins got off the leash, I can't go fast enough to catch her! Oh well, I can buy a new one from the strip mall...
>sheeit nigga dis dawg dun barked, he one crazy muthafuckin debil! He ain't living in mah house no mo, eating MAH muthafuckin foodstamps!

Jews were gassed, user.

Judt not 600000 quintillion

They hold even less value when some assmad third worlder is using it as proof that an entire country doesn't kill dogs on an anime image board

In Europe south of Spain and West of Poland basically everyone spays and neuters their pets, there really aren't many strays.

>Europe
>south of Spain

Pet neutering is taken VERY seriously in Gibraltar

Why don't they neuter spaniards then?

>So they could starve to death of nature have its course?
Yes

What are you even talking about retard?
You foreigners with your hysteria over Americans it never fucking ends.