Cube 1997

Can we have a discussion about this film?

It had good directing, was interesting and seeing characters slowly drift from the sanity was well done, though I had some issues with it.

Mainly, the retard being their key out, though that was quite hillarious on it's own, and the cop getting to them without explanation at the end.

Overall, it was quite solid and I liked it. Are all sequels garbage or is their some redeeming quallities in them? Do we get more info about the cube and the people behind it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pPMlwMEs8fg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nicole is such a cutie, and turned into a MILF

I found her acting questonable at times.

Cube was amazing until the final act then fell apart because of the 'mah nice black guy police officer turned out to be the bad guy, surprise!' plot.

Actually, I liked that part, because they all fought each other and the paranoia got to them, there for, I found it logical that he killed her there given that she shit talked on him and they all got a bit insane in there. I thought they were going to shit the bed with some bullshit explanation or "big reveal", but the ending was actually solid. Not quite happy, yet not that sad at the same time.

>mah nice black guy police officer turned out to be the bad guy
No way that would fly nowadays

One of the best canadian films ever, in my top 10 scifi/horror list

the ending was great, wtf

The sequel is only good if you want more of the same with some shitty CGI. If you find exactly-the-same sequels pointless then it's not worth it.

The third is even more of the same, but with more gore. It also has a really shitty ending.

None of them actually adress anything about the Cube outside what we know? I won't bother then.

he's genetically closer to our ancestors, that's why the aggressive primal survival instincts kick in stronger for him

i think the writers pointed that out pretty clearly

They do actually

Is having all those questions unanswered good or are the questions you get actually decent?

Doubt it will affect your immersion, though they are just plain meh

As it is now, the black guy would do all the calculations and would carry everyone out while throwing retarded one liners that aren't even funny.

They're good answers but pic related desu

Well then.

Ezri Dad is best Dax

Better to have them unanswered. The one's that are provided in the sequels are stupid.

Are the answers Saw tier? If yes, I'll just leave it at the first.

I found the film to be pretty good, although sometimes the acting felt bad and kind of destroyed the immersion in a way.

The only actor I had the problem with was the young girl. Other than that, I found actors solid and they didn't break my immersion that much.

Cube 2 Hypercube is the worst movie ever made

*******LITERALLY*******

How come?

>good answers

Don't exaggerate like a shill. The things at the end of the third one is mediocre and arguably best left out. I remember preferring the ending of the first one where the Cube just 'is' and that's the end of it. (But desu the first film wasn't as good when re-watching it either).

Why do you think it's not that good when you re-watch it?

They are good answers though. And Hypercube had more of them than Zero if you paid attention.

First impression /impact of the story is gone. The things they did with a low budget that at the first time was impressive, the second time around just reminded me of the low budget. It's just one of those good films that happens to not have too good rewatchability.

I feel the same about the movie that came out this year, what's it called, Green Room. It was good and quite suspensful, but since I know all the tricks the director had in stored for us, I wouldn't enjoy it as on my first watch.

kill yourself

The scene with the lady craving a cigarette made me quit. The thought of being in a situation like that and not being able to smoke was terrifying.

Imagine if you needed to take a shit. It would be quite awkward.

What do you mean how come? If you took the first film then gave it to a director for some ABC Family sitcom TV movie, you get Hypercube. Even worse, put some pretentiousness in there because even though the concept is cool as shit theres literally no rules or understanding of any of the math in the movie.

I asked you how could it be the worst movie ever. I get that it was hyperbolic statement, but I doubt that it's really that bad. It might be bad or mediocre, but nothing worse.

loved the third movie, Jax is fucking hilarious and steals the show somehow. people who like hypercube but not the third movie confuse me- the third movie has so many redeeming qualities but theres not a single redeeming quality in hypercube.

youtube.com/watch?v=pPMlwMEs8fg

I much prefer Vincenzo Natali's work in TV especially on Hannibal. Splice was trash.

lmao what is this

i wasnt the person who posted that but basically Hypercube has no redeeming qualities outside of the concept which wasn't done well either. i just watched it about a month agoa nd i can't remember any of the character's names, im probably forgetting entire characters at this point. Hypercube isn't just bad because it makes no sense, has worse acting than the first movie, and has literally no character development (outside of the dumb twist ending and the ABC family reveal of "i was the haxor all along!!") but its also bad because it ruined the potential of the series.

kino

True. Also, I was asking because I'm the OP and I haven't seen anything past 1, nor do I intend to.

even though the other movies all had to include a dumb explanation of the cube as being a government conspiracy, my autistic headcanon for the movies would be

cube-exists just because
hypercube- ayyliums
cube zero- government project

When they ran out of shoes, they probably used shit.

People are wrong about the sequels being bad, you should watch them so I'm going to spoiler this.

>theres not a single redeeming quality in hypercube
The fact that Zero shows the outside of the cube is just another level of the game proves that the iZon conspiracy in Hypercube is a more realistic indication of what's going on in the real real world.

Jax could just be an actor or scientist there to mess with them or test them.