How many more lives must be sacrificed before American people realise that having guns don't actually make you safer?

How many more lives must be sacrificed before American people realise that having guns don't actually make you safer?

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they do, though

Wow, really makes ya think.

Australian shitposts are supposed to be entertaining.

>implying killers aren't going to obtain guns illegally
>implying we should all be sitting ducks to criminals who still have illegal access to guns
Go let muhammad take your wife hanz

TOTALLY BTFO OMG HOW WILL GUN NUTS EVER RECOVER?

so do shovels.
and knives, and nail guns, and lead pipes, and heavy objects and cars and skateboards.

>all ya gotta do is point N shoot
>every liberal holding a gun looks down the barrel with the safety off finger resting on the goddamn trigger.

though i will concede yes if you know how to use a gun and wish to kill someone is it easy, but youd be amazed what you could do with something as basic as a box cutter or a 2x4

Fuck off m8, you should know better, once they are gone they never come back.

All of them Australia. How many more muzzie attacks have to happen in europe before they ban muzzies?

Then why do cops, private security and soldiers need them?

In the immortal words of Charlton Heston,
"A gun in the hands of a good person is a good thing. A gun in the hands of a bad person is a bad thing."

Banning guns won't take them away from the bad guys, that will only take them away from the good people that just want to defend themselves and their family.
Remember when all drug related crimes completely stopped after we made all drugs illegal?

What is it with you people?

If you aren't crying about guns you don't own, you're marching for the right to have a 3/4 faggot general run your shithole.

on a related note, remember how Brazil bragged about how low drug crimes they had when they legalized all drugs, but ignored that violent drug related crime had climbed through the roof and their economy collapsed even further

Euros have guns too and we never see mass shooting.
It's just an american thing.
And don't say isis or al qaeida, they are using illegal guns.

Uggh, national response time is 4 minutes, shitlord. Just ask your assailant to respect your safe space for a few moments and wait!

Go put another shrimp on the barbie ausfag.

Without guns how would actual humans defend themselves from Apefrican Americans?

Here's what Common Core materials teach about gun control.

>The materials offer “guiding questions” for students such as:

>-“Are rules and guidelines that were created over 200 years ago still applicable today?”

>-“When a greater number of people in our society own guns, are we safer or more at risk?”

>-“How accurate is this statement: ‘The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.’”

>Other resources provided are an infographic titled, “Armed to the teeth: Gun ownership in America,” and originally published by GOOD magazine, which calls itself “a magazine for the global citizen.”

>It is not clear how widely the lesson has been distributed, although schools throughout the country have used lessons prepared by the National Writing Project." Officials for KQED did not respond to requests for comment.

This is the government mandating a course which promotes the idea of revisiting the second ammendment. This is the tip of the iceberg with Common Core, but one of the most disturbing examples.

A lot more individual celebrities that I didn't know existed until a few hours ago.

Yep. Common core was in place during my last year of high school. It was really shitty and pretty hard to follow. And it was heavy into white guilt and teaching Islam. No joke.

>-“Are rules and guidelines that were created over 200 years ago still applicable today?”
>-"Should we really be concerned with what the Constitution says?"

You do realize that the American continent is more violent than Africa ,and that the US didn't know that period of extremely reduced violence most of Europe did so they could safely restrict guns without making the population less safe ?
When all break loose ,the US will still have the alienable right to defend themselves ,while we'll only have the alienable right to live ,but no way to enforce it.
Fuck off you spineless excuse of a man

I fear by the time I have kids they'll have reached the Public Boarding Schools idea, and being on the Voted For Trump list, I'll be deemed unfit to educate.

You got proof for that, pal? Ya didn't think so

>inb4 Sup Forums infographic
Nothing less than a pdf for an empirical study will do.

If that were the case then why isn't the UK and Australia overrun with criminal gun violence?

We can only hope that Trump wins then, huh?

So what, I could easily walk into a school and stab 10 people with a Halberd. You gonna make medieval weapons illegal too. Anything can be a weapon.

Niggers are the problem

Inb4 no rebuttal

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf

>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that

>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

>Never have mass shootings
>says the frogposter

Can you at least TRY and bait? I know it's hard to take your eyes of Ahmed as he fucks your wife, but put the same amount of pride in your shitposting as you do in your cuckoldry.

>you can kill a man with your fists therefore wmds should be accessible to all

You have to draw the line somewhere. There are many nations that show that a line at guns is a good place.

Its not american thing, its still just niggers and shitskins

Lack of niggers and mudslimes. Government tried to rectify this.

>mfw I invented the most extreme meme to hit the scene

Is this about that qt youtuber grill who got shot a few hours ago?

Guns are not the problem, some murikans are just retarded.

We don't have guns to stop criminals, we have them to stop tyranny. And believe me, if they couldn't stop tyranny than the left wouldn't be trying to get rid of them so bad

>tfw you have Eric's Doom mods and some of the files in them talking about blowing people up

Are you trolling right now? Why don't illegal guns count for mass murder shooting incidents?

yeah dude, attack my legit argument with a heavy exaggeration, thats a good way of proving that you are more mature and your argument more thought out.

Shitposting as fast as I can

How many more Chicagoans need to be sacrificed before liberals realise that having guns does not make you more dangerous?

I think we are missing the real issue here...

Look up the biker gangs in Australia. People are scared shitless and unable to do anything

Finally i found that picture you naive buffoon

They give you the ability to kill from a distance. I prefer up close with a nice sharp blade. So much quieter, and personal.

I appreciate the quality of your post, but it doesn't address the central point of this argument. In most people's opinion, the utmost purpose of government is to uphold the right to life of its citizens. If you have studies that prove that a citizen's right to life is more likely to be violated if guns are made illegal, you've won the argument. These other points you're making are inconsequential.

How many more shitposts will you post before you realize that what works for other countries won't work for america?

>How many more lives must be sacrificed

All of them.

>the utmost purpose of government is to uphold the right to life of its citizens
[citation needed]

>guns don't make you safer

Well, for some people they don't.

It would be interesting to see how drastically the world would change if guns magically disappeared and we went back to whoever has the most swords behind them wins.

educate them yourself. Look how far Abe Lincoln got teaching himself at night after his chores were done.

The muslim rape gangs beg to differ.

Ban swords, muh mass stabbings!! We can't let this medieval violence continue!

>my back yard militia can stand-up against drone strikes

Sure thing, pal

In order to prove principles a good technique is to put them under duress. Using the most extreme examples to test an argument isn't immature, it's a good fucking test.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

That's nothing compared to the gun violence we have here.

What's the purpose then? I've yet to hear of a person that wasn't convinced by Hobbes' Leviathan, you can be the one that isn't.

The second the us gov't turns drones or any serious military grade weapons on its own people it's game over. You think the rest of the world won't step in and stop the tyrannical gov't. It's not some shithole country no one cares about. There's way too much money invested. If they don't it's already too late and prepair yourselves for the sjw Stasi goulags. Americans you need to stamp out the communist elements now before this shit gets away from you. If you fall we are all doomed

To protect its citizens rights

*nigger violence

Fixed that for you mate.

The people doing the 'gun violence' here aren't as prevalent in Australia
See

The point is people do not have the right to protect themselves from it personally. We have the same problem in Canada. If I walk into my house and catch some piece of shit raping my girlfriend and shoot him I go to jail for a long time. I'm supposed to call police and let them handle it. "Hey der bud, I called the cops stop it and go away!"

Gun's don't make just "me" safer.

They make all of us safer...

Without guns, we are all just helpless victims....

She'd like you to delete that picture and forget it exists

So why do we need guns then? If the rest of the world is prepared to back us up when our government turns on us there's no need.

Also, most Americans would be totally out of food within a couple weeks in the event of commerce collapsing. We don't live in the 19th century where we all get our food from the farm down the road. Most of that shit travels thousands of miles before it gets to our plates. If the truckers are all hunkered down prepared to fight, how will most of us eat?

I promise I sleep better knowing I am letting you eat your food right now. If you do not have a gun, I am letting you eat your food. It's mine when I decide it's mine. Plus you add nothing to the defense of country or God. A little Syrian muslim could take your shit like they have done euraoe. Fucking balls up and join the movement to defeat tyrant government and to stop chimping out on your family or neighborhood.

>the purpose of government isn't to protect its citizen's right to life it's to protect their rights

What?

But it does exist...

Guns don't make anyone a superman. But they do put you on a level playing field with those that just want to exterminate you like sheep.

You do not have 'a right to life'

>They make all of us safer

Do you have proof for that?

The Fbi and NSA would know you are over 50 with that statement. Gentle...scholar. Dates you, brah. Hehehehe.

how about you give an empirical study that conclusively shows that removing guns from a society conclusively shows that it makes it safer, reducing all crime and homicides, with no peripheral factors getting in the way?

this is fake, right?

>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that

>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

You're being retarded on purpose, stop it.

:)

quite the foreshadowing ...

How much more freedom must be sacrificed before people realize that having guns isn't about safety?

This country was created on the pretence, "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

All of it.

Guns will give leverage in confrontations with the gov't. When people peacefully protest the gov't will let you chimp out as you pose no threat to them. If they get tired of it the send in the cops and pepper spray and beat the shit out of everyone and start arresting you. Look up G20 protests in Canada. Armed protests do not go down that way. They have teeth. Also you inherently have the right to protect yourself with force when someone inacts violence against you be it people or the state. The tool people choose should be their choice. They're is a big difference between the terms violence and force

>this same government executes its citizens
>claims you have a right to life

m8, see: "If you have studies that prove that a citizen's right to life is more likely to be violated if guns are made illegal, you've won the argument."

I'm not the one making any claims. Just asking for proof either way.

If it had not been for all of the heavily armed folks at the Bundy ranch, they would have just written it off as Waco-2

This is what disarming a populace can lead to as an example of how safe it is

Here, I'll use (((your))) own bullshit kike tactics against you

It's not ALL about safety, but that is a big element to it. In fact it arguably is the entirety of it if you consider that the safety of the collective people's rights and liberties are at stake without the means to protect themselves, as well as a person's right to defend themselves and acquire means of feeling and being safe.

Oh no I'm sure you're being very careful not to make any claims, you spineless fucking faggot

Hillary supports this kind of thinking...

Yeah you're wrong

FPBP

thread's already over and OP eternally BTFO

DELETE THIS

Isn't this picture essentially similar to the legendary victim blaming in rape cases? Sure, the woman didn't ask for it, but she made it easy as fuck.

All of them.

I think what is lacking in america is more guns

Everyone should have guns. This wouldnt have happened if her chair had a gun.