Why does this movie stoke so much anger in people?

Why does this movie stoke so much anger in people?

People hate what they don't understand.

An objectively awful movie was correctly judged objectively awful by critics and audiences and its contrarian / teenage fanbase can't deal with people not thinking what they thing

>internet atheists
>people
Pick one.

People hate what they don't understand

Because it's shit

>Superman doesnt do anything remotely Superman-y until the last 10 minutes, the rest is schoolboy Jesus references.
>Batman doesnt do anything remotely Batman-y until 90 minutes in.
>L:ex Luthor is the most annoying dick in the history of villains and some of the worst casting ever seen

it's a bit hamfisted at times
but I like it a lot
I like that it explores the ideas about what it means to have someone like superman on earth
mingling with us

the martha stuff was a bit silly
and it could have been edited and arranged better
superman's death definitely shouldn't have been in the 2nd movie
but I like it, the ulitmate edition is pretty good desu

people didnt expect to fall asleep

>spoilertagging a year old movie
>spoilertagging a huge blockbuster
>spoiltertagging the most meme'd film on this board since TDKR

Memes aside.

The Martha scene was just too much. I was getting more and more annoyed by Jesse Eisenberg, then that scene happened. I'll admit it. It made me mad

fuck off, reddit

Unironically because the Marvel movies that get praised are, aside from the names and sets, the exact same movie each time.

DC/WB were literally crucified for doing something different.

as bad as jesse was as Lex, the jared leto joker was much worse. WTF is DC doing?

>spoiler tags
Check
>"it's misunderstood" argument
Check
>Ultimate Cut mention
Check

Confirmed shill.

Because some low IQ plebs keep spamming it

the martha scene is a very well executed nu-male filter

millions of parents across the world were angry that they'd paid good money for their kids to be bored shitless.

Hack Snyder forgot who his actual target audience is and decided to suck his own dick for three hours.

Because the most popular names in heroes came together for the first time and it turned out to be a massively embarrassing mess. So many missed opportunities. Horrible casting as Lex, horrible world building with cramming Justice League stuff in. The main event for was 5 minutes long and ended in a laughable way. Lois being shoehorned in scenes were she isn't suppose to be in.
Bad portrayal of their characters again.
Third Act final fight was a joke.
Death of Superman was forcefully included for emotional purposes that completely failed.
Dirt rising shocker made the death and all the funeral scenes irrelevant.
Plots holes a plenty.

What exactly did they do different?
They pretty much follow the same routines as well. Characters have some sort of conflict and you're getting to know them in the first and second Acts. Then third Act is a big destruction CGI fest fight.

pretty accurate list

>Plots holes a plenty.
name at minimum three or be btfo

It's not the movie but rather the obnoxious shilling by those DCuck faggots

I really dont get it either.

Whenever I hear people give this movie crap on Sup Forums it always starts with

>hamfisted jesus metaphors and religious allegories
>martha scene

The movie may be boring to watch because of its shit pacing on constant sidetracking from the plot, but there are genuinely great scenes and great dialogue in the movie.

Maybe its just me, but I for one loved how MoS and BvS focused less on colorful one-lining heroes beating up 1-dimensional bad guys and focused more on actually interesting questions.

What if Superman was real? How would the world handle it? How would he handle the way the world sees him? Thats actually interesting to watch for me, despite the fact that its still capeshit.

>Horrible casting as Lex
Eisenberg was good.

True, only nu-males would cuck themselves into continue watching after that point

first post best post

Because it is quite literally the clinton foundation of films

seriously think about it

the whole martha scene makes sense then
what do americlaps love more than fucking their sister and apple pie? their moms
who do americans hate and have been told to hate for decades? russians something the clinton corp also hates and pushed heavily this year
the first part is also why mexicans love it too
then you have ben as batman. what was the big thing about ben last year? his love for muslims and nonwhites something the clinton corp also loves

One of the most obvious things is they have a lot less focus on humor. But also the action in DC movies involves people actually dying, which offends comic book sensibilities. And a bigger focus on character's moral conflicts in dialogue instead of progressing "story and plot".

because of this guy

What's on WW's shield?

I'm an atheist on the internet and I liked it. What are you on about? This is one of the few films that handled religion well.

stop invincible big guy. I must die in the plane.

actually somebody shop this to have the plane on the side in the background, I will give you a free (You) if you do that, I promise

> less focus on humor

Booooyyyyssss
I would not pick a fight with that person
Is she with you
Jolly Rancher mouth rape
The red capes are coming
A five syllable word too big for small minds
Ding ding ding ding ding

I don't understand the meme that humor is bad in action movies. That has been around for decades in action movies. You must be under age if this is something new to you or think that Marvel invented it.
Who died? Superman? He's alive by the dirt reveal.
I don't get the bigger focus on characters argument. We're three movies in the DC Universe and people still don't really know or care about this version of Superman. Nobody really cares about Lois either or Superman's mom or any of these characters. Maybe Batman. But Batman is pretty much the most universally loved superhero.

The j_ws from the motherland who supported clinton

I was more surprised that CIA didn't make a cameo apperance.

all of those qutoes are from Lex, and they suck. His dialogue in this movie was embarrassing

Israelis were for Trump actually, who is a huge Zionist.

They are not all from Lex. Besides the point was that there was humor and quips included. The point was that people are trying to trick others saying that the movie had no humor. It did. Plus they're even adding more Injustice League. But again since when is humor and action movies a bad thing? Besides the DC fans that are trying to run smear campaigns.

Superman saves people for basically the whole movie, so you're wrong there. Jesus references don't just not count as saving people because you don't like them

Batman does Batman things (detective work, car chases, beating people up) basically the whole movie, he's much more of a detective than Nolan Batman, so you're wrong on that too

Eisenberg was annoying but I think it was a good fit for the character, this is ultimately subjective so I'm not going to say you're wrong (you are though)

so I guess you're mostly wrong there fella

Forced humor where it doesn't belong is annoying. Especially when the actors are not good at comedy: See Dr. Strange

There was a small Montage of Superman saving people all the while he had a disgusted angry look on his face like he hated doing it.
And Lois Lane did more detective work than that Batman did in the movie which is laughable.

Proof that tv is riddled by numale cucks and Marvel nerds. They have small brains and poor wagecuck mentality whom they confuse as 'sense' even though their sense is made up by the media and fellow normies. They don't think independently and when someone does, they resort to mockery.

All the humor and jokes in Batman vs Superman and what I've seen in Justice League trailer are unfunny forced and bad all around.

>And Lois Lane did more detective work than that Batman did in the movie
This. I think the biggest problem with the movie is that Batman was portrayed as a huge asshole that was easily manipulated by Lex Luthor

I am convinced now it's always the same autist doing his nitpickings in every fucking BvS thread.

Do you have a life? How the fuck are you doing the same exact shitposts days on end?

One of them isn't from Lex, and it's pretty much the only Marvel-tier joke in the entire movie. And as you say, they're adding more in Justice League. Why? Because Marvel has them, and Marvel is popular. More popular than the DC universe, because the DC universe doesn't have enough of that humour, Do you understand? IO can try to explain again if you're still having trouble.

> Le numale meme

Snyder is the one that always puts homosexual undertones in his movies.
He always cast strong big looking man in his movies.
He likes hanging around be strong guys without his shirt and even goes to the gym with them.
DC fans are always like posting pictures DC males without their shirts and working out

People hate what they don't understand.

Mate its just CTR scum that hasn't got the message that they lost. See They think they're still in the game because of the recount

You're asking me why they're adding more humor in Justice League? I don't know maybe because they know that their last few movies have failed with the direction they were taking it with. So they're trying to change the style up. The thing is that it seems forced and unnatural. Also I don't know why you bring Marvel into this because humor in action movies has been a staple for decades. It isn't something Marvel created. I think you're giving Marvel too much credit if you think that they're the only ones including humor in their action movies.

Homo eroticism does not significantly equate pansy cuckoldry.

And judging from your post you're completely retarded, insecure and a fat ass. Next

Despite Steve Mnuchin, exec of RatPac-Dune being named Secretary of Treasury?

>Lois Lane did more detective work than that Batman did in the movie

Batman monitors Knyazev and discovers the incoming shipment, which leads him to Lex. He then infiltrates the party to plant the bug on Lex's mainframe, where he finds out about the existence of metahumans and the idea of using kryptonite against Superman, leading him to steal the kryptonite.

Lois basically just asks "what's the deal with this bullet"

I forgot to add that Wonder Woman also does more detective work then Batman. And also upstages him a few times to.

Shitty movie is shit. I assume 90% of the DCucks on this board are trolls.

>You're asking me why they're adding more humor in Justice League?

No, I'm telling you why they're adding humour. Because Marvel has humour, and Marvel is sucessful, because people want that kind of humour. It's all there in my post man, I don't know how you missed that. There's a big difference between action movie humour and Marvel humour, in nature and delivery.

What the hell does she do? She just steals Batman's data

How the fuck did you get any of that from the post you were referencing? Like...holy shit dude.

>marvel nerds
>dont think independently
>resort to mockery

Marvel wasn't even mentioned in that post.

>'wagecuck mentality'

What does that even mean? Now you're just typing random words together.

Only in your mind is there a difference. Humor is subjective.
I hate Melissa McCarthy humor. But other people seem to love it. I love Terminator 2. But I hated all the humor and quips by John Connor.

Don't cry, retardo. Laugh at your own stupidity

no you idiot, batman sends wonder woman all of those videos of the other justice league people. Wonder woman did nothing until doomsday showed up

The humour in T2 isn't over, though. It's a completely different matter. The purpose of those jokes was the characterise John as a joker, not to make the audience laugh.

If you can't understand that difference there' no point in having this conversation.

Marvel humor has been way better than what I saw in Batman vs Superman and especially miles better than what I've seen in the Justice League trailer

Here (you) go buddy. It took me a while but I could tell this is what (you) were after.

Because they're trying to graft that humour onto a film that doesn't thematically support it.

>>>/reddit/

Because little kiddies who shouldn't be posting here get butthurt when someone says that the movie was terrible.

I wanted to see a blockbuster and had to catch up on my capeshit anyway, so yesterday I picked up the ultimate edition.

I must say I was better than I expected. its themes are as topical as ever, and i liked the cast very much, all of the cast. I think affleck will be a better batman than bale - more relateable, fearless, yet human. lex the modern villain was good, but the neuroticism could have been a tad more subtle, looking forward to more of him.

the films demise was the decision to tackle so much content in one production - even the 3 hours felt crammed. it overwhelms the audience and also the BvS conflict climaxes prematurely after such blatantly apparent buildup. way too little of gotham vs metropolis, resigned realism vs idealism - isnt this what the story is supposed to be about? by the final battle you just want it to be over - such a silly cartoonish monster and a boring fight.

all things considered - above average film, pretty good capeshit. might watch the batman in a cinema

p.s.:gadot is great as ww

Now I see you were massive ass hurt Fanboy. Because you're trying to convince me that there's huge differences in the types of humor these action movies use just to get your biased point across. Sorry but it's not going to work with me and that doesn't doesn't fly.
Quips, Marvel humor are all buzzwords that people try to use negatively.
Anyhow humor has been around in action movies for a long long time. You are trying to put a new spin on Marvel humor because you do not like the brand. Understandable. But it does not make their type of humor any different. They did not invent a new type of humor.

>there is only one kind of joke, you stupid-head!
- anonymous, 12/01/16

Christ alive, m8

List of joke from a Marvel movie that's different from joke from any other action movies.

Marvelplebs are the usual liberal nu-males that review movies.

DC films are for the red pilled that know what means to be a man.

Why was Jimmy using an analog camera?

> DC films are for the red pulled that know what means to be a man

Yeah DC fans sure love their muscular men with no shirts in working out montages.

I would but you've clearly illustrated the extent to which I'd be wasting my breath

Concession accepted

Point proven, masculinity is what triggers the marvelplebs.

The only "quip" in man of steel was a brief shot of supes getting punched into a "X Days since accident" sign that resets it to 0.

And BvS had humor, yes, but very few of those lines you picked are "funny". Like I said there is a lot lot less focus on jokes and humor in DC. They're trying to be much more serious. Whether or not they're succeeding is up to you to decide.

My biggest beefs with Marvel are that they are all pretty much the same movie, and that every time there's a hint of drama or tension a character diffuses it with a joke or reference. But the one that supercedes all that is the aesthetic. I find them to be such a failure on a visual level that on top of personal preference I can't stand to look at them. Recently there's been that video circling about how it's because of the desaturated color look, but that can be fine in movies like Sicario and Hell or High Water, very grounded and realistic movies. But those were shot in a much more interesting and competent way compared to Marvel. People say that one of the biggest strengths Marvel has is that they're very light on the seriousness, but then they have a very "serious" aesthetic instead of being comic-book stylized and colored. Everything is presented in flat boring shots that are colorless and without any interesting geometry. And the lighting is always just as bad.

For me the two most important things a movie has to provide is the aesthetic and emotion. I get neither from Marvel movies.

I can understand WHY people dislike DC's direction, but I don't agree with many of their complaints. Probably because I'm some sort of hipster autist or something.

Lex Luthor in most incarnations in DC is confident, smooth talking and rest assured of himself and his intelligence. Eisenberg (most especially during his dinner speech about philanthropy) was jittery and neurotic, and while he did the best he could as portraying himself as creepy, I couldn't for a moment bring myself to be convinced of him being the big Bad.

when the girl says that superman is kinda hot at the end, that was a quip

As much as you can say "Well there's more than one!" you can't honestly say that the DC movies have anywhere near as much of a focus on humor and jokes.

Imagine it as DC being Action-Dramas with a speckling of humor, and Marvel as Comedy-Action with a hint of drama

I agree, but unfortunately more jokes is what modern audiences want

Until recently what DC fans humor is a bad thing now for some reason in action movies. Since I'm not under age I cannot agree with this.
Some of the best action movies in history would be shit without humor

Terminator 2, Lethal Weapon, Indiana Jones, Predator, Big Trouble in Little China, Star Wars, Die Hard, Robocop, Commando, James Bond, True Lies

I think it's just newfags or bitter fan boys that think anything with humor is bad.

If people are fans of the source material whether it be Marvel or DC. They should know that even the most serious and Dark comic book stories have one-liners and humor in them.

Lex is a great villain.

Yep. In the comics and the animated Superman/Justice league shows. But not in live action

Terminator>Terminator 2

And there's a huge difference between a Action Drama and an Action movie

Actually he is consistently decent in live action. It's when he dawns green and purple spandex that there is a problem. But that's what happens in capeshit. They reuse characters so much that they get played out and ultimately turn into a circus sideshow.

can't cope with reality, the post

No it's not. People like dark movies and tv shows, WHEN THEY'RE GOOD.

Green Lantern wasn't dark and gritty, and people hated that movie, because it sucked.

I feel that Justice League will be a repeat, because a lighter movie will not fix the structural problems with these movies

The reality is that these movies suck.

>BATMAN VS SUPERMAN couldn't gross over a billion in the modern cinematic climate
>was number 1 for two weeks until it lost it's spot to The Boss
Just kek

So by that logic Avatar is the greatest movie of all time, yes?

>just rewatched on HBO last week
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
>Lois starts running in the building
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
>STOP....STOP
>WHY DID HE SAY THAT NAME
>...IT WAS HIS MOTHERS.

How did she know what they were talking about? She never heard the name Martha in that scene.

Lois was there as a plot device and create more plot holes at the same time

Nu-Males arn't people

> Nu-males

Closet homosexual detected

I hope Justice League gets a mid 70s-low 80s RT score so I don't have to put up with this diamond in the rough logic, not that BvS is bad, far from it but fucking every, almost every goddamn day with this "y they so mean to muh mobie" bullshit!

To be honest BvS is the only cape movie to even qualify as art.