247sports.com
cbssports.com/college-football/

>G5
underdogdynasty.com
hustlebelt.com
mwcconection.com

Old thread was kill.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadspin.com/5868802/penn-state-witness-mike-mcquearys-testimony-some-kind-of-intercourse-was-going-on
clickondetroit.com/news/3-suspended-michigan-state-football-players-charged-with-sexual-assault
pilotonline.com/sports/columnist/harry-minium/liberty-university-already-spends-more-on-athletics-than-odu-and/article_ce714ec9-31db-5420-8e4b-ce63bc2e2474.html
blog.ecu.edu/sites/dailyclips/blog/2014/09/22/summers-purple-skies-over-new-era-the-daily-reflector/
wishtv.com/2017/06/28/iupui-to-join-horizon-league/amp/
ninertimes.com/2017/06/how-the-n-c-budget-could-impact-unc-charlotte/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST for G5

Could a G5 team make the Playoff this season?

>Boise State
An undefeated MW schedule with wins over ranked Wazzu and SDSU could put them in the conversation

>Troy
Decent OOC (LSU, Boise) but the Sun Belt schedule puts them at a disadvantage over MW and AAC schools

>WKU
OOC too weak, CUSA too weak to make up for it

>Memphis
Weak OOC

>Houston
Weak OOC (Arizona + Texas Tech)

>Colorado State
By far the strongest OOC of the bunch: Alabama, Colorado, and Oregon State. An undefeated season would put them squarely in the playoff.

>App State
App's strength of schedule hangs on how good Georgia and Wake Forest actually are in 2017. Both were bowl winners in 2016, but unless they return to form, an undefeated Sun Belt slate might not be enough to put the Mountaineers in the playoff conversation.

>USF
With only one P5 matchup in 2017, against Illinois, USF cannot expect much of a boost in the rankings. Even with an undefeated season, they'd need to win every AAC game convincingly to be a playoff team.

>Tulsa
A week-1 win against Oklahoma State could put Tulsa at the top of the Week 1 G5 rankings and boost them into the top 25 for the rest of the season. If an undefeated Tulsa meets an undefeated USF in November, the playoffs could be on the line.

>Toledo
Putting together a playoff resume in the MAC is hard. While Toledo might be the MAC's best hope in 2017, they have only one opportunity to impress against a P5, when they play the Miami Hurricanes.

>San Diego State
Week 2 (Arizona State) and Week 3 (Stanford) will be make or break for SDSU's playoff hopes. If they can win those, they have to handle Boise State to prove they're playoff worthy

It's entirely possible, but you haven't done your research.

1) WKU just replaced their coach and got a new QB. They're great overall, but will be rebuilding in 2017.
2) Boise ran neck-and-neck with Wyoming last year, and Wyoming is still getting better.
3) Troy was ranked for a week last year anyway, before losing to another SBC team. They won't make that mistake again.
4) Houston, if ranked preseason, can still get in with a 12-0 record.
5) Tulsa is not beating Oklahoma State.

Other than that, have at it.

>you haven't done you research

I wasn't looking at whether these teams WOULD win all their games.

I was looking at whether or not, if they somehow did manage to go undefeated, whether their SOS would be strong enough to get into the playoff. WMU, for example, had too weak of a SOS to get in.

Who will be the best team in Texas this season?

Who will be the worst?

Who has the most potential in the future?

You now remember that Sparty beat the only "unanimous preseason #1" team in their own house

UT will retake it's rightful throne

stay tuned for my post on what would happen if UMass goes undefeated.

oh wait, nevermind, nobody gives a fuck.

>A&M
>UTEP
>North Texas/UTSA

Nice graphic, still messy, but a mite better than this one.

PRESEASON RAGS OUT NOW, LADS

Threadly reminder that Florida will beat Florida State in the college football playoffs

It COULD happen, but I think it would be much more important for the upper echelons of the P5 to be in total disarray, with no undefeated or even one-loss teams.

Combine that with a G5 team that is not only undefeated, but could RESOUNDINGLY defeat every opponent it faced, alongside a competitive OOC schedule, and a stout conference slate. THEN you could have an argument.

Unfortunately, WMU and the MAC gave a pretty poor showing in the NY6 bowl last year; that's going to color the perception of G5 strength in the committee, fair or not.

Also, since we're just jotting hypothetical down on paper here...

>ECU
With the hardest OOC schedule in all of college football, the pirates play reigning FCS national champions JMU to open the season, followed by VA Tech, WVU, and BYU. All of that on top of a pretty stout conference draw from the AAC with USF, UH, UCF, Memphis, Temple, and Cincinnati in the mix.

IF, by some miracle, the Pirates found a way to go undefeated (which the chances are almost nil) that schedule would be enough to argue for a berth into the CFP.

What I'm trying to say is that there ARE schedules in the G5 that could provide a convincing argument--UH's 2016 schedule certainly had all the cards. But it would be an incredible feat to go undefeated with that kind of schedule, and G5 talent/depth.

To sum up, yes, I think it's possible. But the bar is probably too high in the Coach's poll this year.

There aren't any G5 teams this year that could go undefeated AND have the strength of schedule to back it up.

Your post was good, I can't really argue with anything in it, I just don't think any of those teams has what it takes in 2017. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though--I'd love to see a G5 team upset EVERYONE and win the playoff.

If I had to put my money on one of them doing it, I'd probably say USF. They've got a great returning team, and exciting new coach in the driver's seat. That momentum could be enough in the first year for a season of halcyon days, and a program historic high.

Unfortunately, even if they do go undefeated, I think it's more likely that the poll will place them in the NY6 berth instead of the CFP, and we'll all look back on it for years to come as a tragedy when they booty blast whoever they're put against.

Start beating us in the regular season then :^)

Anyway, hello everyone! We are nearing the end of this offseason. Let's get some drunk predictions! I'll start: this year there will be a school that becomes pedo state 2.0

>Let's get some drunk predictions! I'll start: this year there will be a school that becomes pedo state 2.0

Hasn't Baylor already done this, more or less? I mean, there wasn't any "rhythmic moving" but they got there in spirit.

>rhythmic moving
Ain't no rhythm in Baylor, just a bunch of white boys

Baylor was Pedo State 2.0, so I suppose the question now is who's going to be Pedo State 3.0.

>he doesn't know

deadspin.com/5868802/penn-state-witness-mike-mcquearys-testimony-some-kind-of-intercourse-was-going-on

"he heard a "rhythmic slapping sound" and saw in a mirror Jerry Sandusky in the shower with a boy who appeared to be 10 or 12 years old."

>who's going to be Pedo State 3.0.

Michigan State?

clickondetroit.com/news/3-suspended-michigan-state-football-players-charged-with-sexual-assault

I think we might be up to 4.0 now.

I'd have preferred that post to this one, tbqh

is the Big XII officially done for

It will be once the SEC decides to become a Superconference. They'll scoop up Oklahoma and Okie State.

Then it'll be over.

The expiration of the Big XII's current TV deal is that conference's doomsday clock.

It's the elephant in the room, and the Oklahoma schools are going to be gone the day it happens.

To carry on the Pedo State tradition, there can't just be a crime, there also has to be an official coverup.

Good article on Liberty University: the new FBS spending Juggernaut.

This is a christian university that sponsors a Nascar. They have more money than God, himself. They're about to throw a SHIT TON of money at their football program.

pilotonline.com/sports/columnist/harry-minium/liberty-university-already-spends-more-on-athletics-than-odu-and/article_ce714ec9-31db-5420-8e4b-ce63bc2e2474.html

That's fair. Baylor definitely achieved that goal though.

Cool article.

It's a damned shame how much UVA spends on football to be an ACC doormat team.

Money doesn't necessarily equal success in college football, but it certainly helps.

In one of the last few threads, there was talk about how LU probably can't wait for an excuse to drop their current coach and hire Art Briles. They have literally zero shame when it comes to athletic hires. They've already got high ranking hires from THOSE YEARS at Baylor working at Liberty.

A coverup, you say?

>a UNC athlete turned this final term paper in for an A-

my favorite anecdote from the UNC fake classes saga

When does Sandusky get out? Art Briles will need a good assistant to help the Flamers win the College Football Playoff for Jesus.

>tfw UNC is a P5 team that cheated to get its athletic talent, and little ol' mid-major ECU still holds the record for most points allowed by a UNC football team in their program history.

I love knocking those smug assholes down a peg on the grid iron.

I was at that game.

The sky literally turned purple and gold. I was there.

blog.ecu.edu/sites/dailyclips/blog/2014/09/22/summers-purple-skies-over-new-era-the-daily-reflector/

He'd be 98 years old if he gets out on his earliest release.

Maybe Bill Snyder will give him some of his immortality serum so Sandusky can get a few seasons in.

I can't think of a flagship school I dislike more than North Carolina. There are so many reasons not to like them:

>Ultra militant liberal students and faculty
>Commit academic fraud to help athletics
>Shit the bed in football anyway
>But still act like they are a powerhouse
>Actively suppress other UNC schools programs
>Wine and Cheese crowd alumni
>White trash Wal-Mart fans who never had a shot at getting into UNC shill the Tar Heels nonstop

Sickening.

Alabama is bad too, with the way they did UAB.

In the same situation, I have little doubt that UNC would make the same decisions Bama did.

I guess LSU is bad too, considering the Louisiana legislature regularly pampers them at the expense of Lafayette, Tech and Monroe.

If this was any other playoff, I might be able to agree with you. But, this is the college football playoff, where everything is voted by big fat cats from p5 schools,

This.

They also think their education is Ivy-league tier due to their association with Duke. It's not bad in the scope of public schools, but they have nothing on the true blue bloods of higher education.

UNC pissed and moaned when ECU wanted its own medical school in the late 80s / early 90s too. ECU had to win the Peach Bowl in 91 over NCSU to prove that they deserved a spot at the table.

I know nobody cares but I'm posting the article anyway.
wishtv.com/2017/06/28/iupui-to-join-horizon-league/amp/

I won't lie, I had to look up wtf IUPUI even was.

they went to the hoops tourney back in 2002-03 is the only reason i know them. their coach was Ron Hunter (currently at Georgia State).

Florida will lose to FSU in the regular season but beat them in the CFP semifinals. Fifth Quarter at the French Quarter 2: Electric Boogaloo

they are no IPFW mastodons

if Florida loses to FSU, they won't be making the playoff.

Chomp on that.

also vice versa

We will when we otherwise go undefeated and win the SEC

is this /ouryear/?

>be 23-yo camp counselor
>15-yo camper from my hometown falls in love with me

Someone find a flaw in my plan because I'm pretty sure I'm brilliant

>she reaches Alabama age of consent
>begin courtship
>graduate, get engineering job in birmingham
>marry when she's 18
>get well established at engineering job
>have five kids during her peak reproductive years (19-26)
>move to white utopia aka Shelby County for Oak Mountain school system, cheap land, and few negroes
>???
>save white race
>she doesn't lose peak beauty until I'm 38 and will be attractive until I'm 60

dude i hope so, the sec is lame i like san diego state if it does

>23
>15

Goddammit Alabama, it's time to stop.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I want Mizzou to win the SEC, just for the memes

Luckily what ypu want has no bearing on reality

not an argument

You now remember they were relatively close to this in 2013

Also Jesus the east hasn't won the SEC since the Bush administration

Really? I thought Texas was the most hated flagship.

the weird thing about this post is the first line complains about liberals, and every single thing after it describes characteristics of conservatives.

Really nudges those neurons.

Check the counties of the teams that played in the playoffs nu-male

The B1G homers believe they'll be getting Kansas and Oklahoma as new members. I've never doubted Kansas, but I think Oklahoma fits in culturally with the SEC much better. Okie State at the very least. If the SEC were to add two western teams you could move Auburn and Alabama to the East, move Missouri to the West, and everyone would be happy. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, LSU, and Texas A&M get to dominate the West (Ole Miss/Mississippi State are good every once in a while) while Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn battle it out for the East (South Carolina is goof every now and then, Kentucky occasionally). Realistically Alabama is still the center of the conference, but Oklahoma gets a lot of power and influence, as well as a likely permanent crossover with Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, or Auburn. If I had to imagine how the crossover pairings would work, it'd probably be Tennessee-Mizzou, Georgia-Arkansas, Alabama-Oklahoma, and Auburn-Oklahoma State.

If the SEC doesn't snag those teams and goes for small private schools instead, I'm rooting for Tulane and maybe Rice or TCU. TCU adds the Dallas-Fort Worth market so they make more sense than Rice (their program is much better too) and Tulane is a historical SEC team that would make trips to New Orleans really fun. The SEC basically has to expand westward as the ACC teams are in too solid of a position and the other schools on the eastern seaboard (Central Florida, South Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, UNC-Charlotte, Appalachian State, East Carolina, Old Dominion, possibly James Madison) aren't big/important enough to warrant an invite, except for maybe UCF if they are capable of developing a successful program (but that's a stretch). Ideally they would add UNC and UVA but there's no chance in hell that happens.

Yeah but it wouldn't it just butt hurt the entire cancer cell of a conference?

I would much rather have Tulane than OU or any other Big 12 school.
Part of what makes cfb great is the historical nature of the rivalries and the cultural bond between the conferences. I would hate to see the Big 12 go, because we'd be losing a lot of cfb history in the process, but also because those Big12 schools that would join my conference have frankly no business being there.

If the SEC had to take 2 schools that aren't in the Big 12 or ACC who would they take? The only schools that could possibly make sense (either private with history or a big enough school/program) are Tulane, Rice, Houston, SMU, Memphis, UCF, USF, and ECU. Of those only Tulane is really attractive for history but LSU would almost definitely block it, Rice and Houston take up too much of A&M's Houston market and LSU recruiting grounds so that won't happen, SMU is bad, doesnt have a large fanbase and would be a pain to deal with, Memphis is a shit school that will probably become bad again soon, UCF/USF are both too second-fiddle programs that would oversaturate the Florida recruiting grounds in the P5, and ECU is a reject party school in the middle of nowhere North Carolina that doesn't even provide a TV market.

The SEC will probably want to expand to 16 teams but they have no totally good options without an ACC implosion that opens up UNC/NC State and UVA/VaTech for expansion.

I'd be fine with taking any southern ACC schools. The culture of those programs intersect a lot with the SEC. but at the same time I wouldn't want to do it if it meant the collapse of the conference. The current P5 setup is perfectly balanced for succinct regional conferences that reach most if not all regions of college football and I want all modern P5 conferences to succeed

>changes the subject
We were discussing UNC. A liberal student body, yes, but the administration is clearly conservative, and most of your complaints were about them.

Makes one pause to ponder.

>16+ team conference

This has failed multiple times, it's too many.

This is /ouryear/ lads.

Prepare thine anuses.

Yep, that's the problem if you try to take UNC or Duke. The ACC would probably eventually collapse without the Tarheels and/or Blue Devils. They know they have all the power so they aren't likely to leave.

So of the ACC schools that you want you really only have NC State, Virginia Tech, and Virginia, and ideally they'd take one from each state. Wake Forest is obviously a non-issue. I excluded Clemson, Georgia Tech, Miami and Florida State, as the SEC does not want to expand to states they already have a team in. That would seriously dilute the recruiting pool for the other SEC teams. Additionally a school like Clemson offers nothing but decent academics and a football team, as SCAR dominates the South Carolina media markets.

But back to those other schools I mentioned, you have 3 major hurdles there:
1.) NC State/UNC and VaTech/UVA are tied to the hip with each other. You can't separate those schools anymore unless the alumni get really, really upset with each other. State legislatures would force them together if they aren't already.
2.) The ACC GoR is giant, so ACC teams are locked in for a very long time and the SEC would have to pay big money to poach someone. This also underscores the fact that ACC teams should be relatively lucrative over the next few decades with their new network. Is the money going to be big enough from the SEC?
3.) The Virginia ACC schools are very good academically and NC State has an impressive engineering school. The administrations at these schools want to preserve that, and moving from a conference with UNC, Duke, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Boston College as the leaders to a conference with Vanderbilt, Florida, Georgia, and Texas A&M at the top may not look so enticing. The SEC is trying to increase its academic profile, and it's not last (looking at you, Big 12), but it certainly isn't close to competing for 1st and 2nd. Adding UVA and Rice or Tulane would make the SEC comparable to the Pac 12.

Just wanting to interject that I'm not reading any of these.

I'm only writing a lot because I'm bored at work.

>Holidays in 2 weeks
>Will return to work when CFB starts
Feels good man.

ITS COMING BACK!!!!!

Kill yourself

I'm based on the east coast, so Bama/UNC are more noticeable for me.

I'd probably say Texas if I lived in the Midwest.

That's why UNC is so terrible.

It is literally the worst aspects of both the extreme right and the extreme left.

The SEC adding another private school with elite academics would be interesting.

They have all the football powerhouses they could ever want.

But if they take Tulane, they screw over LSU

If they take SMU/Rice, they screw over A&M.

Tulsa, maybe?

I think SMU would be the best private school add.

Them making it to the SEC would be righting the wrong that was done when the NCAA gave them the death penalty

Problem with Tulsa is that it would be solely for the academics. It is the smallest school in FBS (though they'd probably increase by a few thousand with SEC money for a few years) and that probably translates to an incredibly small fanbase. Wake Forest is in almost the exact same position as Tulsa but has more prestige and at least a degree of athletic success.

I really wish Tulane, Rice, BAKA, or TCU would work in this scenario, but I guess there's just no way in hell any of them work. Tulsa and Wake are the only other private schools in the SEC footprint that would work (Miami definitely wouldnt) aside from the FCS schools in North Carolina/Virginia

That was supposed to be SMU

it not just the B1G homers saying it, but the Oklahoma students and faculty

Post Schedules bros
>U$C
WMU: W
Stanford: W
Texas: W
@Cal: W
@WSU: L
OSU: W
Utah: W
@ND: W
@ASU: W
Arizona: W
@Colorado: W
UCLA: W
Pac-12 champions over UW
Natty over Alabama

ninertimes.com/2017/06/how-the-n-c-budget-could-impact-unc-charlotte/

The growth keeps on coming. But Dubois still needs to get his medical school plan approved. Which could be easier to do with the new school board.

Posted a few threads ago, but w/e. Nothing I've seen or heard has done anything to change my thoughts either way. Fwiw, the win against Arizona might be a win against Oregon State, but I doubt we'll win both.

Charlotte is going to be a successful school. Wish Greensboro would get off its ass and do the same thing.

The NC state Congress introduced legislation requiring both NC State and UNC to leave the ACC if they conference every attempted to meddle in NC politics again. They're VERY salty about the ACC pulling games out of NC due to the transgender bathroom bill.

The culture of the ACC has changed with the addition of so many yankee teams. If the issues comes to a head again, the SEC could be poised to jump on that fumble, and capitalize on an unforced error from the ACC

Nevada and Boise State would really connect that puzzle, geographically.

Why is the ACC so shit?

It's a basketball conference, primarily, with a small number of heavy weight football teams--many of which were grave robbed from the Big East.

I doubt the NC Congress will give the NCAA/ACC a reason to do that again. I hated the boycott because a few years ago nothing would have happened, but I understand that its totally legal. The whole thing was stupid anyway.

>Lose to WSU
>Beat UW
Explain this

Mike Leach?

Greensboro did try to add a pharmaceutical school at one point. But I was told chapel hill meddled in the plans and got the idea shut down.

I mean when the #1 pharmaceutical school in the nation already exists in the state I can sort of understand it.

I mean more like Greensboro needs a football team. There's nothing to do in Greensboro, people would go to the games and it would help tourism.

Wouldn't that be an advantage?

If the greensboro students and alumni want it they can try raising the issue with the school. Thats what the charlotte students did. If they didn't do that the chancellor would have never bothered to add the sport. They even built a football goal post, marched it across campus, and left it on the chancellors doorstep so he would get the message.

;p
UTEP: W
tOSU: W
Tulane: W
Baylor: W
ISU: W
Texas: L
KSU: W
TTU: L
Ok Lite: W
TCU: W
KU: W
WVU: W

>pharmaceuticalget

for WSU, yes.

>NC won't give the NCAA a reason to do that again

Probably correct, because their voting districts were ruled racist by the Supreme Court, so all those dumb motherfuckers are out in November.

Alternatively, none of those current motherfuckers even realized they did anything wrong until the entire rest of the country told them so, and even then pretended like THEY were the wronged ones. Silly hillbillies.