Moonlight

I haven't heard a single bad thing about this movie, should I check it out?

I figure I can get some non-biased (or at least overwhelmingly negative) reviews of it here to balance it.

It's conservative propaganda

>conservative
It portrays gays in a negative light?

Armond White gave it a bad review.

Though you could check it out to see if his right.

His reviews are mostly 50/50

Gonna be honest, it's actually great. And the woman playing his mom should win an Oscar, she's perfect. It's not a perfect movie, there are a couple of bad moments that don't work too well, and there's one editing choice that's really distracting. But the whole last sequence is pretty much flawless.

White folks BtFO. yalll better go eat your unseasoned chicken now

>conservative propaganda

Wtf are you talking about? This movie is about a Gay Nigger doing Gay Nigger things and getting bullied by being a Gay Nigger in the ghetto. It's the most "progressive" movie i've ever heard about.

Do you actually think Armond White is anything more than a meme?

stop posting

fuck off, reddit.

Saw it, what editing choice?

Waiting for the torrent to come out so that I can post screencaps of Janelle Monae's big boobies

>being this fucking low IQ
Stick to videogames kid. This movie brings the black man down by pushing the gay narrative among them too(something they hate)

mad white kid cant handle that your white masculinity is being challenged

I think he actually has a few good points here and there in some his reviews.

I thought the points he made for the Neon demon and Byzantium were decent but like I said his reviews are hit and miss and he is no doubt a pseudo patrician.

If you actually watch it, it highlights the hypocrisies of the black community (drug dealers selling to their own community and hating that, hypermasculine thugs engaging in homosexual behavior), so it really is more "conservative" than "liberal".

There are a couple moments where a character will start talking but it stays on a static shot of their face without their mouth moving. It's meant to be from Chiron's perspective so it makes sense I guess, but I wasn't a fan.

>hypermasculine thugs engaging in homosexual behavior
OP here, from what I understand that's supposed to be the point, removing the "feminine pussy" stigma from homosexuality in the black community.

Is that not the case? I'm heading out in about 40 minutes to see for myself so I got time.

It's a bit more complicated than that because you have characters that age and change over years so the lead goes from a weak pussy to a thug and sort of the opposite happens to the guy who he pines for.
The movie isn't that explicit in the homosexual stuff so it reads as more about a struggle for identity and coming to terms with yourself and your past.

>The movie isn't that explicit in the homosexual stuff
Hopefully I'll like it then.

If it really does highlight those attitudes and hypocrisies, then that means literally every critic didn't get the point of the movie.

Every review goes along the lines of

>THE MOST STUNNING AND BRAVE PRODUCTION OF ALL TIME! WE FINALLY HAVE A MOVIE THAT BRAVELY DISPLAYS THE INTRICACIES OF OUR BEAUTIFUL POC POPULATION! AND WITH THE ADDED BENEFIT OF SHOWCASING THEM IN BEAUTIFUL HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS UNLIKE YOUR TYPICAL PRIVILEGED STRAIGHT WHITE CISSHITS! IF YOU'RE NOT DROWNING IN TEARS AND LUSTING FOR BBC BY THE END OF THE MOVIE, WE WILL PERSONALLY GO TO YOUR HOUSE AND KILL YOU AND YOUR BIGOTED FAMILY!

how can we inform Sup Forums of this?

Shut your hole commie, back to your gender studies. This kino ain't for you.

why is it that i go Sup Forums for reviews rather than professional reviewers? what happened?

They're critics, they're not paid to understand the movie they're paid to sell it.

Why the fuck did you think I came here?

Maybe you're just reading shit critics.

BEE talked about this at the start of his most recent podcast. He made it sound like shameless oscarbait though I think he said it was ok

Educate me on based critics. I'm pretty sure the list is minuscule.

>Inb4 a link to your blog

>I'm pretty sure the list is minuscule.
Why do you want it to not be minuscule? Do you actually follow the advice of every expert?

I'm just implying that there's shit-tons of critics, but most of them are hot garbage. Who's actually worth a listen?

Armond White

Please stop shilling that retard

OK.

>I haven't heard a single bad thing about this movie,

Because the whole premise is
>WE WUZ FAGS N SHEIT!

saw it at LFF, was underwhelmed, especially after all the praise it was getting.

Richard Brody, Manohla Dargis, Ed Gonzalez (slant maganize critics in general), film comment, reverse shot, village voice, A.O. Scott, Nick Schager.

>white

Try again you goon