Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7sRocdJL99M
youtube.com/watch?v=u2Zm3FwOOnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stadium, hands down.

Stadium. How is this even a discussion?

Yanks make an event of eating and watching adverts when sports are on tv,

Stadium

most fat yank cunts on here have never even been to a game though.

SAD

I went to a basebore and NFL match while on new york. They gobble food on the stadiums as well

stadium

wtf kind of question is this

Depends on the sport

i can't do halftime wanks at the stadium because the bathroom is too loud so it's watching at home for me

If both were equal, then yes, I'd go to the stadium.

But going to the stadium costs probably $20 in gas, $40 in parking, $40 for food, plus all the time sweating my ass off, and that's if I were going alone. Going with friends or family is even more.

Watching at home? ~$40 monthly cable bill, or less if I'm streaming it.

You did this to yourselves, pro-sports leagues.

>stadium
crowded with uncivilized bums
often too hot, cold, or rainy
food is overpriced and terrible
terrible view unless you have a few thousand dollars for good seats

>home
any food you want for free
view with whoever you want, friends and family
>always get a perfect shot of the action
>get blowjobs whenever you want and get to watch the game in peace

B-BUT MUH LA CULTURE

This. Unless you have choice seats or a pair of binoculars, football is a miserable game to watch in the stadium. Half of the game is clear on the other end.

Baseball is much better to see in the stadium since the action is mostly contained to one part of the field and can be easily observed from anywhere in the stadium. But unless you're a super fan it can be positively miserable to watch on TV.

My team are bollocks yet I still pay half a grand for a season ticket every year, and that's just home games. The atmosphere and watching with m9s is worth it.

>$40 for food
Eat before, problem solved.

can you stop thinking about food for 1 second?

Stadium. Not even close.

>brit

Your matches are 90 minutes. An American football game is 3 hours. Baseball games clock in around 2.5 hours, basketball games a shade over two hours. I don't follow hockey.

This is all strategically designed to makes us fat, but in our defense, I bet the Theresa May/Donald Trump sex tape is going to change all our lives forever.

>not going to game with your friends
>not dressing to overcome the weather
>not eating before and after the game and using game time to actually watch the game
>few thousand

kys

i don't watch sports

This is another thing about going to a game, especially pro football games: shit's expensive. A lot of pro sports teams here in the States have priced out their working class fans.

You can't go 3 hours without eating?

Not when it's an hour to the stadium and an hour home. Plus have you HAD funnel cake? Dude.

these people are full blown retards

>$40 in parking, $40 for food
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>america

At home:
>infinite food supply
>infinite booze supply
>no annoying normies
>no lanklets who cover your view
>repetitions in slow motion for a clear understanding of whether it was a foul/offside or not
>the comfort of a couch
>not having to wait
>if you're alone you can literally wank and shitpost while you watch

Stadium:
>more expensive
>shitty expensive food
>no liquor in most places
>have to stand up, feet hurt
>have to wait before and after
>nothing to do in the half time
>can't wank
>cops will confiscate your drugs if you get caught

Pretty clear to me.

To be fair - most stadiums are in major cities and are accessible by way of public transportation. I'm a Nationals fan and the stadium is right across the street from the Navy Yard station on the D.C. Metro. I don't know why anyone would want to drive through a major city and pay all that much money to park.

Don't you have tailgates before the game?

At home:
>No atmosphere

Stadium:
>Atmosphere

If you're addicted to constantly wanking eating and getting fucked up then sports are probably not that important to you.

before HD : stadium
after HD : TV

>decide maybe yuro Sup Forums is right and i should give the stadium a chance
>go to yurop for a sample of the atmosphere
>buy reasonably priced tickets for the game
>eat and drink before hand, no need to keep consuming during the game, plus it'll be over soon
>sing songs and enjoy company of fellow fans
>me and 95 of my friends die getting crushed to death

i don't think that semen slurping stadium is for me. I'll choose tv, thanks.

5 hours is still fine, that's the same as a work shift after lunch.

Maybe if the food was any good at football grounds but it's horrible even at the top clubs.

>buy reasonably priced tickets
that's how i know your story isn't true

I can't watch my team on TV so...

>muh atm
youtube.com/watch?v=7sRocdJL99M

fuck off

Is this a different video? His expressions are the same.

>w/ gf
home
>without gf
stadium

>Is American
Found your problem

americans don't have amazing atmosphe-
youtube.com/watch?v=u2Zm3FwOOnw

It's jacked the hell up, yes, because people will pay it. Capitalism at work.

This. Raised in Houston, it was 2 hours each way to get to the stadium, five minute walk from parking to stadium in sweltering temperatures, $40 a person for food and then when I got older, beer.

I got the fuck out. In Seattle I can take the train to the game for three bucks, spend all my money on food or beer, the whole day is less than 20 not including tickets.

>home
>infinite food supply
Spotted the guy who lives with his parents.

>home
>no atmosphere

It's not our fault you don't know how to decorate your basement.

>$20 in gas, $40 in parking, $40 for food
Fucking hell, meanwhile I just walk to the stadium and can go more than 5 minutes without eating

>can go more than 5 minutes without eating
I've had British food, this guys story checks out.

>Go to Nat game via metro
>enjoy game
>ruh roh it's 10pm and Metro shut down cause the system is fucked and safe track
>have to cab/uber/lyft it out with the other thousands of people

Non meme answer: It depends. If my team is going to a championship or another important game (think rivalry game): stadium. Nothing beats being there in person when your team wins the world cup/Superbowl/champions league. I usually also tend to go to 1 or 2 home games a season as well (NFL giants fan), make it an outing event with family and/or friends. If I just want to watch the sport/ watching a team I have no stake in, at home. I can see the game better and am more comfortable.

i'm presuming your stadiums are all closeby. In the States they're situated in the midst of downtown, while all the urban sprawls miles in every direction. Our more conservatives states refuse to have practical public transportation, so a car is necessary.

The only cities that really have that shit figured out for us to get to games easy and cheap, without a car, would be NY, Chicago, SF/OAK, and Seattle.

>NY
>Chi
>SF
>Oak
>SEA

All liberal utopias.

Makes you think.

>$20 in gas
>there are people who live at a distance greater than 500m from their clubs

wew lad

this. Drumpfsters will never know the pleasure of walking to a NYCFC and passing all the vibrant minorities pissing in the street

Exactly. You don't even have to be from a big city to do that, either. I went t East Carolina University and I'd just take the bus (either the campus bus or the city bus) to the games on Saturday. If the weather was nice enough, I'd just go and walk the 2-3 miles from my shitty apartment and then walk back.

Even if you're a visiting fan, there's almost no reason to pay for parking and there's little reason to pay that much more for concessions.

most stadiums are situated awkwardly due to being built over a century ago. finding them in a city you don't know at all can be a massive pain in the arse

>Going to a night game
Well there's your problem
>Work in the morning if its a weekday game
>Weekend game probably has a 1 or 4 p.m. first pitch

Though it is bullshit that the Metro isn't more accommodating for those late games.

How is decorating your home going to replicate being at a stadium?

Who the fuck is paying that though? What for, tacos and corn dogs? I wonder what you'd actually get for $40.

Capitalism seems to assume people are rational (idk don't want a debate) but if you were rational you would eat outside the stadium or before/after, or en route, or bring food with you or all four options for that $40.

Depends on the game. Objectively you can watch the game better on your home. You have every angle, replays and are comfy through all the match, if you get hungry you just go to the kitchen and grab a snack.

The only reason to go to the game is the arhmosphere. Big clubs are full of plastic fans with no passion, so their games have 0 athmosphere.

Depends on the seats. It's usually better to see the action in person, but sitting up in the nosebleeds is a waste of money imo

Not like it isn't expensive in Europe.

Half the stadiums are filled with tourists who don't mind blowing money on shit pizza and watered down lager.

what's the nosebleeds amigo
and also what's the peanut gallery

stop going to chelsea and united games

>Not bringing a little battery powered radio to the stadium when you have shitty seats

Come now, friend. This is 101 shit right here.

Why can't people enjoy food when at a game? Just because they aren't hungry, doesn't mean they can't eat. This is coming from a /fit/ yuro

Sick life. Answer still stands.

How much is a pie at an English game then?

You can if you really want but don't moan about the crazy prices if you're not even that hungry.

>match
no one wanted you here anyway, enjoy your scoreless 90 minutes of 'futbol'

people constantly getting up and walking into you in the middle of a game is annoying, also kills the atmosphere.

cinemas are exactly the same. don't get why people have to eat during something they've paid to watch. it's a massive rip off too

Planning on making this thread a regular series, suggest some topics you'd like to see in the future.

I'll be doing both broad range and very specific stuff.

At home:
>can shitpost on Sup Forums

At stadium:
>can't shitpost on Sup Forums

Join the Sup Forums happy hour alliance

>not having a phone

>watching games alone vs with people
>games in the afternnon vs games at night

Just don't make sport vs sport or anything that could be transformed into europe vs usa. We have like 400 of those every day and I'm tired of them

you have to be incredibly retarded to enjoy the stadium
people are too loud and they start fighting over anything

TV is for sophisticated gentlemen

Going to the local team games was the shit. (4th division in the national championship)
>bus drivers would let us ride for free since we gave then tickets every now and them
>got to curse that faggot not giving his all and yell at the other team coach since you knew at what hotel they were staying
>get shitfaced on bad beer
>flags
>fireworks
>standing because sitting is for faggots
>every game a group would go to the Italian place across the street to eat pasta in the sidewalk while talking about the game
>nobody cared who you were, just needed to join them and have a good time

I can't imagine NFL Sundays being as comfy at a tailgate or at the stadium

having some friends over is nice

Hockey is the only sport that is better in person
Baseball is the next closest, but quite a bit better on TV
There is an ungodly gap between how good football is at home vs how shit it is in person. You become very aware of that 7 minutes meme yurop loves to spam very quickly

Why would you go to a stadium? Why pay money to travel and buy a ticket when your television has a higher definition than real life?

I have chronic hemorrhoidal problem so I can only see the games on my comfy sofa

>you can literally wank while you watch a bunch of men run around and get sweaty

Usually tv for games that dont matter if im going alone. If w company going to the game and playoffs always going to the game. Also went to a mls game last weekend, pretty terrible sport to watch in person if u dont sit in the middle, you miss half the action and everyone is yelling even though nothing is happening and its a regular season game although it was a derby (timbers sounders). Soccer quality wasnt great either and went alone so prob woulda rather seen on tv

Nfl is great in person. Most fans tend to be real fans rather than meme people looking to put pics on their social media at least for my team (raiders) so can usually get a good discussion in beyween plays and the tailgates you can usually get p drunk and full for little money and the suspense on third down cant be matched. And people arent just singing during random parts of the game

>not sitting behind the opposition dugout for the abuse shouted at their manager all game

stadium is only good if whatever you're watching is guaranteed to be fucking good or at least have some tension/emotion, something like a world cup finale.

if there's any doubt the tv is miles better. i mean sorry stadium fans, but paying for a good seat and getting hyped to end up spending an hour and a half watching a 0-0 is just shit.

Huh. LA Angels have a train line only during weekdays. Train leaves 30 mins after the game or 11:30PM, whichever comes first. I wanna say the Dodgers do this too but it's through buses that bring you from Union Station to the stadium.

stadium obviously.

i go to every match i can, it is like a religion, every sunday we are there

>455 R. Floriano Essenfelder
you've got a pretty nice place for a hue

>being at the stadium for 5+ hours
>for a 60 minute game

>NFL
At home, NFL games are expensive as fuck, an all day event, and a general pain in the ass to prepare for. Plus NFL games tend to draw a lot of scummies

>Any other sport
Stadium

don't like crowds and have no one come with me, don't have a car so takes forever to get to stadiums built far from the downtown area, student budget so everything costs too much. would rather just watch a stream.
maybe if the 2 of the 3 things change I'll enjoy stadiums more.

Stadium pros: Electrifying atmosphere with fan hype. Chance to watch the pros in person.

TV pros: Watch from the comfort of your couch, food and drinks aplenty in pantry and fridge. Free to air or at worst a monthly cable TV subscription cost.

Personally the stadium atmosphere and chance to be present for a piece of history makes attendance well worth the expense. Best games to watch in person are matchups between fierce rivals, closely matched opponents or late in the season from the quarterfinals onwards.

>go to pub
>as much drink and drugs as you can handle
>better view than stadium
>better drink than stadium
>better looking girls than stadium
>better atmosphere than stadium
pub is best

>all the posts saying stadium are right after the creation of the thread
>comments are superunoriginal
And you guys are saying proxy shilling isn't real
This is not even a question, I prefer to watch at home even if the stadium is/was free, you waste so much time going to there and coming back to home and you can't be comfy there, are stuck watching at the same angle, no replays e.t.c.
So stadium is definitely worse by a huge margin, but once we add the fact that you have to PAY to come to the stadium it doesn't even make sense.
The only "advantage" shills and customers can bring up in favor of the stadium is crowd "cheering" and "atmosphere", which is worse than that of a twitch chat, literally a bunch of shouting apes

>he uses drugs
>he drinks anything but water
I bet you work from 9 to 5 and have an IQ of 70 too
>better view
You're cracking your neck because you have to constantly look up, that's just uncomfortable

>basketball
>real football
yes
>american football
no

this

>fatistan Sports
TV
No debate.

>youro sports
Stadium/Pavilion
No debate

>$40 in parking
>$40 for food
oh doG wtf

Why the fuck can't you just make a couple of sandwishes at home and take them for the trip?

What the fuck is wrong with Americans?

> $40 for food
????

Depends on the game and stadium and ticket price (inb4..)

>20$ gas ,40 $ parking, 40$ food
Where the fuck is the stadium? Jew town?

what a pathetic, plastic cunt you are

if you'd rather watch the champions league final on the tv rather than at the stadium you should genuinely kill yoursef

Yes, I'd rather watch the CL final at home
Can you rationalize your opinion why you wouldn't?
I analyzed the issue and came to the conclusion, while you are literally FEELZ>REELZ

i prefer watching games at home, but i go to stadium maybe 3-4 times each seasons when my local team play vs bigger ones

>Yes, I'd rather watch the CL final at home
lmfao, what a sad fucking cuck

you've genuinely never been to a big football game before have you?

SAD

no television view or angles can compare to the one you get in the stadium. and your not limited to watching wherever the camera man looks. you can focus on any player or whatever you want. also the quality of picture with the naked eye is 100000000000x better. you also dont appreciate the ability and skills of the player until you see them up close in the flesh. there is also being part of the atmosphere and the occassion, which is only possible by being there

honestly the only person that would prefer to watch at home is someone who has never been to a big match before. i find it sad and pathetic that you would genuinely rather sit in your house and watch the CL final than actually be there in the flesh