Have we come to a conclusion on this yet?

Have we come to a conclusion on this yet?

its lit!!

it sucks but refn is still /ourguy/

it's shit innit

Pure visual syrup, loved it

everyone worth a damn on Sup Forums hates it. therefore, it is objectively shit. if you like this garbage you should leave this site. this is not a place for you.

Excellent. Absolutely beautiful, simple genre film.

Shut up, Nolan.

I don't know how much they pay you in marketing but please stop, it cannot be worth it.

The triumph of style over substance, or style as substance. The movie was beautiful and captivating. It successfully evoked strong emotions from the audience.

I don't understand how you can not love the film, it was visual story telling at its best. Dialogue is for suckers

says a lot about contemporary life (a la bret easton ellis, joan didion, etc type novels) and has pretty funny metaphors like how beauty can be self cannibalistic

It's great

>It successfully evoked strong emotions from the audience.

It was very obvious and dull for how unexpected and bold the visuals were.

pretty proud of myself from watching it without having read a thing and calling it a "less is more remake of liquid sky", i think it's accurate enough.

I liked it.

It's a film which tries to justify its own existence. Which was neat but a bit memey.

The music made me like it more than I would've otherwise. Jena peeping on the two shower models to that BWOOHH mmm BWOOHH mmm shit was my favorite part, and not even because of the nudity, which is probably one of the few times I wasn't distracted by the tits.

>dangerous

The plot was a vehicle for the visuals. The innocence and brilliance of youthful perception. A love letter to our world and what is in it.

This shot wasn't in the movie?

not a single mention of Elle Fanning being a slut

what are you, fucking gay?

pls delete this

>Hate Only God Forgives because it was basically style over substance
>Love The Neon Demon for it's style

I dont understand why. Was it the tits?

She's not really that pretty tbqhfam

being a young celeb slut is enough for me

everytime i see her ugly face and giraffe neck posture i just want to puke

Becuase the style is purposeful; the film is trying to convince you that style alone matters; "beauty is the only thing".

>Gaga: the Vaporwave movie
I think I need to see this.

>it was visual story telling at its best. Dialogue is for suckers
The film is literally full of dialogue. I don't know how you would get to the conclusion that it is mostly visual storytelling. Also, the visual storytelling was largely obvious as fuck. Like that fucking triangle symbol and the catwalk scene. It was sort of mind-numbingly obvious and unsubtle. Refn could've just put up a slide saying "Jesse is now vain and egotistical" with some flashy lettering and he would've gotten the same effect.

I didn't love it but it made me think. I was pretty high though so I don't remember what I thought or the movie at all really.