Meta thread

Your boss allows them, calm the fuck down jannies

So, its fucking summer, there are no sports to talk about, people make unoffending, innocent, fun threads that arent against the rules and jannies still delete them
Why are you trying to obviously kill all the fun from this board?Are you doing it on purpose?Obviously, the whole board is against your shitty moderating and the majority should be the one dictating the rules.

Why are you trying to kill this board so fucking hard?
Why do you hate us so much?
Will we ever get a proper answer from a mod/janny?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10719881
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's only one way to improve Sup Forums: Remove americans.

>be janitor
>get bullied at school because i'm a fat nerd
>feel completely powerless
>try to kill myself and fail because i can't do anything right
>plot my revenge against my bullies
>come up with nothing because i'm a dumbass
>decide to become a janitor and ruin the fun of sports fans in Sup Forums by deleting threads because i have absolutely no power in real life
>cry myself to sleep every day

86% of Sup Forums dissaprove of the current situation.

strawpoll.me/10719881

Changes need to be made, now.

Americans are annoying, but banning the posters that make up the majority of traffic on Sup Forums is stupid. Sup Forums would become even more boring and slower.

>the majority should be the one dictating the rules.
Sup Forums is not a democracy, faggot. It's a private website.

>but banning the posters that make up the majority of traffic on Sup Forums is stupid
No, it's not. It's them who make Sup Forums shit.

I feel like making one of these later

Reminder that "meta threads" are created by redditors trying to create a safe space for them and their kind

>filter the word 'Reddit'
>get rid of flags
>permaban anyone who makes obvious political bait threads
>less generals
>less moderation on Sup Forums meme threads

Butthurt janitor detected

t. Macaco

Ban anime
Ban soccer
Ban non americans

We should remove meta threads because they never accomplish anything besides shitflinging

>Sup Forums is not a democracy
>It's them who make Sup Forums shit
Not all boards are so uptight when it comes to rules. The core posters on Sup Forums may agree with this, but boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums have a different culture, and light shitposting and international banter has become the absolute norm here long ago whether you and like it or not.

No, the only way to fix Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general is for it to get less popular. These threads are pointless. More and more faggots from reddit and facebook start browsing Sup Forums every day.

I wonder how many people who post in these threads have even been on Sup Forums or Sup Forums for that matter, for more than 3 years.

Still though. The jannies can suck my dick. Sup Forums moderation is too no fun allowed. Especially right now with it being summer.,

tl;dr lmao

Lower the posts cooldown 60 sec is too much

macacos should have 3600 sec cooldown

It's literally one of the deadest boards

Sup Forums and Sup Forums have like 5x the amount of traffic

Sup Forums is dying m8, there isn't much new blood.

There are many old guard waiting in the shadows for this board to be free again.

and Sup Forums and Sup Forums are absolute garbage boards

>There's only one way to improve Sup Forums: Remove flags and janny.

Fix'd. Fpbp.

>Sup Forums is dying m8,
Do you think it's 2013 or something? Sup Forums has been dead for a long time now

>There are many old guard waiting in the shadows for this board to be free again.
Cringe.

they all go to Sup Forums tho

only decent place left on Sup Forums right now is /k/

Sup Forums manages to be nearly as bad even though it's a much smaller board. The main reason it's considered less bad is because it's smaller and less cancerous. It's like tiny Sup Forums with flags.

also people who have come to Sup Forums specifically 3 to 4 years ago are the sites biggest problem
Sup Forums is just mini Sup Forums

>they all go to Sup Forums tho and that's bad
>the only decent place a board flooded with Sup Forumsaks

>76 died
I just want to find a good internet home

it's nothing like Sup Forums tho. ironic tho because happening threads on /k/ were dope before jannies forced them to Sup Forums

>Sup Forums is just mini Sup Forums
Yes, and Sup Forums is like "classic" Sup Forums with flags. And bant is basically tiny Sup Forums that's also a red board without generals. Modern Sup Forums completely lost its identity, that's why people don't even compare it to anything anymore.

never really browsed Sup Forums desu

What the hell is even the point of /bant/? I thought it would be a containment board for Sup Forums generals, but instead it's just lazy and underage Sup Forums shitposting

it's just Sup Forums with flags and nsfw content

>the romanian 'I shot a gun once' /k/ larper
You're a fucking disgrace

I browsed it back in 09, when it was what Sup Forums now considers Sup Forums to be now: the overflooded, edgy, cancerous, newfag hotspot that most people associetes the entire site with. It was just an edgy board specialized in shitposting. Bad for the site and the other boards hate it, but it was fun.
>What the hell is even the point of /bant/
None, really. A useless board. Some people on Sup Forums have always complained that general threads ruined the board though, so in a way they kind of got what they have always wanted in the form of /bant/

what's your problem anyway

besides I browsed /k/ for years before turning 18

>besides I browsed /k/ for years before turning 18
reported

>reported
>being this new

When will the mods apologize for this?

I just went to Sup Forums in 2006/2007 and branched out to /k/ and /o/ from there. all 3 boards were ok back then.
but I'm 24 idiot. you didn't answer my question either

There's nothing gayer than mods conspiring against posters. I bet they probably still have their little private, hidden board somewhere.

>I bet they probably still have their little private, hidden board somewhere.

>>>/j/

fuck off reddit

>mfw I trigger them daily from my phone at work and for some reason they don't range mobile posters

why are you so obsessed with reddit?

>Meta thread to address moderation problems
>turns into a bunch of filthy disgusting South Americans and Eastern Yuros sperging their unwanted opinions.

You are guests on an American website/imageboard. you do not set the rules, you follow them, or you GTFO.

cute!

>american

This is a Japanese website about anime

lul dlumdfrf will probably have your '''major''' ISPs ban 4chins sooner or later

>you didn't answer my question either
You don't deserve it

>>get rid of flags
ehh, I like the bantz

remove jannies and allow for more sports bar type discussion

well, it's probably not fair, but I'll just assume you're one of the numerous țărani here who get triggered when someone tries to do something that isn't drinking and working yourself to death. or rather a similar mental affliction since you're on Sup Forums after all

>More and more
kek, the board is dead as a flat kat on the lorry lane of the M6, it's fucked

yup, password protected

you're unironically one of the worst posters here
any thread started by an American or involving American sports is immediately set upon by your monkey nigger ass

To me, this is Something Awful disease. You have a dead, insular website that hates everything new and thinks most of its own poster base in the popular boards is cancerous and should be purged so your answer to fix it is to make it even more insular and to make the mods even more powerful and insufferable.

It's a good thing /vip/ didn't work out or this would be the entire website's business policy now.

>but I'll just assume
stopped reading here

feisty romania

Actual sports content has gotten worse since the mods took over.

That's the huge irony here. This whole excercise is a joke because sports content has not improved.

Gamethreads are nearly dead now.
Sports threads outside of generals only get okay traffic at best.

When was the last time a sports moment happened where you couldn't wait to get on Sup Forums?

Mods don't understand that it was all connected. They went the lazy "we don't know how to decide what your culture is so we blanket ban" route and it has killed this board.

I'll never fully understand why people who hate this board insist on ruling it. They target posters who create content and have fun. Turns out those people made great sports content, too. Because they got it. They were connected. They knew the culture.

>Gamethreads are nearly dead now.

desu

Yup no way mods and jannies are sports fans. They are so fucking clueless and hellbent on taking any fun out of sp.

>there are no sports to talk about
Transfers, u21 euros, confederations cup. There is football if you care.

the fact that it is americans making this threads and also the fact he says game threads are dead i assume he only watches american sports

>the fact that it is americans making this threads
what did he mean by this

sure, but thats like 3 generals, aside for that, sport are bretty dead during the summer and i dont see why jannies get so butthrut of slightly offtopic threads

Euro and American Sup Forums really are two different beasts. I am serious when I say I want a split.

To be fair, on bigger boards such as Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums, posters like to complain about the exact opposite: how the relaxation of the rules killed their boards, etc. It must be confusing for them. It's also hard, I imagine, for the management to choose the best posters to be janitors for each specific boards, because people lie all the time when they apply for the position.

A lot of people who want to be mods have their own agendas too, political and otherwise. It's been known for a while that both far right and commie groups on reddit have been conspiring to get jannie positions on Sup Forums.

well it's mostly americans making these threads
i liked your climbing thread tho no idea why it got deleted

Anyone complaining about relaxation of rules might have a better time on reddit

this

redirect amerisharts to us.boards.Sup Forums.org/sp/

redirect euros to eu.boards.Sup Forums.org/sp/

everyone else can fuck off to /asp/

but i don't wanna go to /asp/ =(

>but thats like 3 generals
Trans is a general, and even if it wasn't it would be always up anyway. The other two aren't.

I seriously hope you people suggesting a Euro / America split are joking.

Give me a fucking break.

Tell that to Sup Forums. Christ I wish we had that standard here, both of moderation and users.

I am not.

Im not a faggot weeaboo

>damage control
kinda shitty swimming in heem and skeeup threads 24/7 eh?

welcome to our world.

Then maybe you would have a better time on reddit :^)

>Euro and American Sup Forums
Nah, if anything football should have its own board.

I know where you're coming from, but as I said , I'm worried about how far will people go to enforce the rules to bring the site back to what it supposedly was before. They could easily make it even worse in the process, especially if they do it to every board.

This discussion has been going on for a decade, too. If anything, maybe actual oldfags should have created their own, superior board back in 06. and stuck with it. And some did too, as Sup Forums isn't the only imageboard around. It's just that people here seem to want this magical combination of a busy, fast board that's fun but also with an userbase old and disciplined enough that shitposting isn't too prevalent. A pipe dream.

You want stronger moderation? why?

so only his underage, totally non-pedo anime filth is prevalent on Sup Forums, I assume

Because I want slower game threads.

Less shitposting, more focused threads. It works very well on Sup Forums, but I don't know if it would work just as well everywhere else. His position is actually the conservative position among older users too.

2006: Sup Forums is cancer, it brought too many newfags. It killed the site!

2007/8/9/10 every board is Sup Forums now, everyone is an edgy ruseman trollfag, the site is infected with cancer it killed the site wtf we have to fix it

2013: Sup Forums is cancer, it's killing the site! goobergait brought too many redditors we need more moderation.

2015/16/17: Sup Forums is beyond cancer it's destroying the site, too many redditors shitposting we need more moderation to keep them at bay.

etc.

you need a smaller userbase for that not stronger moderation

Stronger moderation will make more people leave, hopefully, and will reduce the number of new users from the world cup.

so you want to kill the board and make it just a few guys posting?

That an over dramatic and fear mongering way to say it, but yes. Mostly because I also know the core users won't leave and simply the leechers, the less interesting people, will leave.