150-200 million dollar budget (not including marketing)

>150-200 million dollar budget (not including marketing)
>Release date five days after Rogue One

Will this be the biggest flop of the year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCmmzQfOzgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought Sisters was going to flop when it came out during TFA's release, boy was I wrong.

Probably. assassins creed over saturated itself and everyone stopped giving a shit when they released three very poor quality games in like the span of like a year. Anyone over 30 also doesn't want to watch a movie based off a video game because of some idea that it would be silly and the movie isn't for them (which in most cases is true). A few youngins will watch it, will get pirated immensely everywhere outside the US

Story and game is shit.
Vidya movies are always shit.
It will be shit, dumb, boring and sort of pleb pretty.

Entirely depends on whether it gets a release in China, they love shitty video game movies. Warcraft was a huge hit there despite being complete garbage.

>they released three very poor quality games in like the span of like a year.

GEE I WONDER HOW THAT HAPPENED

It would be a shame if it destroys Kurzel's career with its shitness, everything he's done so far has been fantastic.

Probably going to bomb Warcraft style though.

RIP greekfu

i like these greek girls with that touch of androgyny to 'em, post more

I was never able to take this franchise seriously beyond the first Assassin's Creed game, I think it's because of their outfits.

I hope not, I like movies with alternative history in them

In b4 this beats Rogue One

>Fassbender
why does he keep appearing in shit

God that'd make the year.
Ghostbusters flop
Brexit
Trump wins
Castro dies
And to top it all off disney's forced propaganda gets btfo

number one rule in Hollywood: All video game movies fail

He's one of the best thespians of this generation along with Oscar Issac, watch your mouth famalam

I think you forgot something

Better poster

I'm excited for it.

First game was my favorite,

Altair was like riddick, just a hard motherfucker that got shit done, using only the things that he had on hand, that's what a true assassin should be.

The second game casted Guido batman and I kinda lost interest

Bro said the pirate game was the funnest and having watched him play that game I suppose I could agree and it's a shame they never made a sequal to that because I'd have definitly gave it a playthrough

I noticed that sometime after 07 all theese triple A franchises have turned to shit, even halo got cucked

The next gen of developers are just untalented and uncreative, they have no business working in the medium

Vidya should just die and be reborn anew

>goes from being diversely employed gaming company to all white women

hmmm I wonder why all their games went to shit?

I've been fretting about this since it was announced. Fantastic director, DoP, cast, and then Ubisoft hires the mediocres behind Exodus: Gods and Kings to pen the script.

Calling it, as I've called it before: Beautifully shot, wonderfully acted, and yet every word out of Fassbender's and Coitallard's mouth is going to be straight retarded, the movie's going to get critically crucified for it, and then financially gutted due to opening less than a week after a fucking STAR WARS movie.

Fuck Ubisoft if the careers of Kurzel and Arkapaw suffer even a slight misstep.

WHy do muslims love this shit

>even halo got cucked

don't fucking remind me

RIP in piece Halo 3

>5 days after i rebel one
that has to have been planned for an escape goat

>That huge ass budget

>The next gen of developers are just untalented and uncreative, they have no business working in the medium

That and games are basically Hollywood now. Focus tested into the ground and made by committee.

Right, why does he keep taking these crap roles?

first was neat because it was in a era nobody ever gives a shit about, the holy crusade.
the second one was eh until you got to the trailing missions which are some of the worst missions in all of gaming.
AC:BH was just AC 2 with minor changes.

All triple AAA games got fucked. Ubisoft became horrific, EA took out every single piece of heart their games could have and made them $120 worth of slick graphics and no depth. What happened to Halo is Bungie quit making games after ODST, and then Halo was given to people who decided it was alright to make a sequel.

I think it's more that game development became too expensive after like 2007-2008

no "idea guys" who have vision are around anymore everyone is either a souless programmer, the art designer, or a marketing director.

You have penny pinching middle management types running everything so they don't care about quality they only care about how much money they can scam out of 8 year olds with DLC.

He's good but he can't save complete shit.

objectively this is the next prince of persia movie, if anyone even remembers that abortion

>Assassins Creed
>Pg-13

This is why it will fail.

>All triple AAA games got fucked.

That's because of a couple of reasons.

They are trying to match the appeal of hollywood blockbusters so they fell into the same trapping of having to be appealing to a wide demo, having a cinematic presentation, paint-by-numbers storytelling and so on...

And on top of that the "talent" that gets hired to work on these projects, because of the nature of it, has no actual desire to make a game, but rather to make a playable movie because they want to use that as a launching project into a hollywood career.

That, of course means that the budgets are also matching hollywood budgets and they expect similar returns.

What you get is a "BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" plastered all over the latest quick time event that you can complete in 5 hours.

It is coming out at a weird time...

I wasn't saying he was bad I was saying he appears in bad movies

>Vidya movies are always shit.
no

Yes.

I only really know her. Her name is Ariane Labed. fell in love with her in Alps. I posted that because her carreer is as good as done after this movie. Going from arthouse films straight to video game shit is not good. well she will probably get back to doing only her husband's, or greek films in general anyway, so it might not be so bad
>tfw no long smooth legs greekfu

>friend lends me asscreed 2 for a week
>play three hours, get bored
>never touch the series again
>keep hearing about the franchise getting worse and worse
>don't give a shit
>see Macbeth
>it's fantastic
>director is doing Asscreed
>first time I've been interested in the franchise at all

I think it won't do good

halo 3 was good though, the campaign just wasn't as good as 1 and 2 but it was still pretty cool and the multiplayer made up for it

>video game movie
guaranteed flop

>not OBJECTION!

pfft ok...

We have to go back

i dont think it will do very good money wise, but I think it will be critically recieved well enough

Is this the reason why Ass creed has 10 million skins for weapons/clothes instead of actual gameplay?

I want to like it. Does that count?

No one will be in a frenzy to see Rogue One after the opening weekend. However, I expect AssCreed to be total shit too, but fanboys might give it some bucks regardless. Plus Chinese will eat it up.

Why do all these all women enterprises always lack black people? Huffpo is like this too

budgets for triple AAA games got very expensive because nobody knows to manage budgets or keep costs low.
We have zero originality, it's just like Hollywood films nowadays where nobody is willing to take a risk.
After the failure of No Man's Sky nobody will ever take a gamble on a small indie studio like that again.
People have no love for games anymore because eventually everyone got sick of shit after shit. I've owned a PS4 since it came out and I still have no reason whatsoever to play it.

How about you post more of your Greekfu's?

*chomp*

>Macbeth looked like a fucking videogame
>same crew is behind the adaptation of an actual game next
P O E T R Y

It's going to be good but no one will admit it because lol videogame movie or lol asscreed!!

jesus christ mate how can a greek girl be this top tier

Halo Reach was the best in the series tho, Halo 4 had a great story, and Halo 5 had great multi-player. Halo Wars 2 looks awesome.

I'm hoping that after the massive clusterfuck that was the Halo 5 story, 343 really goes back to the drawing board for 6.

>assemble six or seven of the most talented English-speaking actors in the world
>put them in a big budget movie
>give them no lines

It has a built-in audience but then again so does Star Wars.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=mCmmzQfOzgU
lol

why does he keep making movies shit

White woman are obscenely racist, but hide behind "tolerance" and "outreach."

They don't hide behind anything, they are pretty much white supremacists that think brown people are genetically inferior and can't take care of themselves, but want to help them. The think of black people like little doggies that need care instead of human beings.