Our generation's Roland

>Our generation's Roland

I'm kinda excited to see the synthi clone desu.

>thinking Roland at any point was at point as econo and lo-fi as Behringer
You're delusional

me too. The drum machines look kino af, but that's what I'm anticipating the most

i just got the uphoria umc22 in the mail today. i'm ready for lo-fi bedroom punk

Really let down by quality of the Deepmind but i gotta say, I've used the Moog Clone as a voyager double recently

The only thing shittier than behringer is modern dan electro. Roland and boss on the other hand have produced iconic gear

>Behringer is shitty
2012 wants its opinion back, grandpa

>behringer isn't shitty
When you've played other quality hardware because you're not poor let me know. Behringer is the geo metro of musical instruments.

This tells me you don't actually care about music, you just want to show off all your cool music toys and gadgets

I have quality hardware and shitty hardware, it isn't about the packaging, it's what you can get out of it

Not him but the mixers are awful and the pedals are only good for fucking around with or making noise.

god damn

Behringer absolutely is for poorfags. Source: me.

>pedals are only good for fucking around with
That's why Aphex Twin used them on ICBYD...
ok

Is there any chance their SH101 and Arp clones are like $300? I mean the official Arp Odyssey reissue is already $800 so it can't be too expensive...

Everyone expected their Model D clone to be like $600 and were prepared to pay, then lost their shit and flooded them with preorders when it was like $299. I expect very reasonable prices.

It isn't about the build quality until you actually start playing out with the gear. The plastic on those behringer pedals is extremely brittle and thin.

Old Behringer manufacturing isn't current Behringer manufacturing. They just opened a manufacturing plant like 500 times bigger than what they used to have and hired hundreds of people. Yeah their old shit is rickety plastic junk, but they've made great improvements over the years and they're at a good place right now. I'm just saying, you have reason to be optimistic. They're making analog gear that people want and listening to feedback. I'm not a fan of the Deepmind, absolutely hate the feel of it, but I'm looking forward to everything they announced today.

Ok, I'm about to purchase a c1u USB microfone for lo-fi hip hop and shilling. I will do good?

God, no. Just get an SM58 and an XLR to USB thingie. It's worth it.

Which is what I mewm by fucking around, yes. They're fine for experimental sounds and music, not for guitars, which, being guitar pedals, you know...
I guess you could use the SF one if you really wanted to start some cheap Electric Wizard cover band.

I was considering it too. Maybe it would be even cheaper if I bought an used SM58 with the desk mount and anti-shock and etc...

The pedals are still cheap as fuck when it comes to the casing tho. The plastic will break after a few times you step on it and the dials are pretty fucking fragile.

I get that, but it was there way of delivering decent pedals to people at extremely affordable prices, which no one else was really doing.
Their new stuff isn't made with that same philosophy, they're still meant to be affordable, but they're meant to have much longer lasting power.

behringer is hit or miss, and more hit than miss at that. IME they do decent mixers and rack comps and fx for the price, but that's about it

for any cheap clones you're better off paying the few extra bucks

>and more hit than miss at that
i think that my sleep deprived brain meant more miss than hit

Geo Metros are tight tho, you sound like you grew up upper middle class and treat music as pure academics.

The pedals weren't even good enough for the noise scene. Everyone either had boss, roland, dod or ehx pedals, maybe a boutique germanium fuzz. Nobody bothered with Behringer because their pedals were so fucking bland and poorly manufactured plastic shit. Their mixers are all right, though I'd still take a Mackie over a behringer any day of the week.

pure bullshit.

It's not bullshit. He said in one of his older straight interviews (not fucking with the interviewer) that he likes using cheap pedals and named them specifically

cite it.

lots of good musicians use shit gear. doesn't make it less shitty, but it shows that things like the quality of your effects are only details and good work is much more important than good tools

lmao no

>believing anything he has ever said, even when he seems completely serious
guy's a rusemaster

> When asked for a kit list, he says: Sure. Raveolution 309, the Raven Max, MC-909 limited edition, Quasimidi Van Helden, MAM Freebass 383, Roland DJ-70, E-15, SP-808, Akai S3200, Behringer MX602A and all the Behringer effects that copy other things.
July 2006 Future Music

>the literal CHEAPEST OPTION for any type of gear is this generation's roland

Most noise projects have either an Ultra Metal or Super Fuzz somewhere tho

Behringer wasn't making stompboxes in 1995 you fucking idiot. They started showing up at NAMM circa 2005 onward.

I was mistaken about the time frame, the cited source posted above is 2006, faggot

>july 2006

Oh yeah, I forgot that ICBYD came out in 2006, and not 1995. Boy you sure showed me user.

>ultra metal
>not sovtek big muff

>get proven wrong
>nitpick
nice damage control

Yep. Your run of the mill local noise project probably uses at least one Behringer. Obviously not the signed artists and shit, but the hobbyists do, it's cheap and can fuck shit up.

Oh see I thought damage control was trying to deflect after making up a completely bullshit statement instead of admitting that you're full of shit, silly me.

>completely bullshit
Except it was completely true but the date was wrong
please kill yourself

>'he used behringer stompboxes on ICBYD'
>"behringer didn't make pedals in 1995"
>'lol whoops I meant 2006'

Yeah nice try retard.