youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo
youtube.com/watch?v=MavkKrCx1BM
sendvid.com/2lkzzmgz
dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtf i hate grimes now

did grimes just get btfo'd?

didn't somebody recreate one of her songs by accident on a keyboard once?

can't wait for yoruba to come

Grimes friends, I will set up a channel for us to gather and come with a rebuttal for this offense. I will post it in where you know at.

Uh, if I had to guess I would say it's short and black and it's connected to that mixer right beside it.

right here

it's there

it's DARE**

GRIMESHATERS BTFO!

Nope, thats the power cable

OH SHIIIIII

chill down. i have a solid explanation. wait.

nah she just has the left handed model

[1/3]
first of all, you should know that roland sp-404 sx has a headphones jack on the other side: youtu.be/7OT2_VhX4TY?t=869

a headphone jack is simply an audio out interface.

[2/3]
grimes being a semi-pro at that time, she used the headphone jack as audio out source. see her older live shows, especially that kexp 2012 session: youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo

take a look at pic related. as you can see, she used the headphones jack. that sampler was clearly connected to the mixer because she did a few mistakes (e.g. during be a body) and you can hear that.

[3/3]
later, she started using 2 roland sp-404 sx samplers, but this time they were connected using the line out. see pic related.

You see this is what I mean. Listen to better music.

further proof: no line input used during her older shows.

it looks like someone is just trying to find a reason to hate our good grimey

In b4 hypocritical "Grimesfags will go to any length to defend her" comment

Good catch!

lol you've been had this entire time!

also
>suggesting a """"professional"""" would use a shit DAC headphone amp instead of the quality DAC output amp

see pic related and watch this video: youtube.com/watch?v=MavkKrCx1BM

this is proof beyond any doubt. the sampler is clearly connected through the headphones cable.

before talking shit about our grimes at least use a roland sp-404 sx...

>suggesting a """"professional"""" would use a shit DAC headphone amp instead of the quality DAC output amp
she was mostly an amateur at that time (2012). but she did amazing music even then.

>judging the quality of music on trifling details
>"I was just pretending to be retarded" meme

they are pathetic. why someone would hate such a great artist?
the sampler is extremely important to her. it's not furniture but an actual instrument.

oh yeah dude im sure she had it plugged in to the headphone jack during her fucking performance on NBC yeah seems really likely. I can let it pass while she was rightfully languishing as a no-name at some shitty venue in metro new york but yeah I'm sure when she was on SNL she was still going to pull the same amateur-hour shit that high schoolers do.

Also none of this changes the fact that in those pictures THERE ISNT EVEN ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO THE FUCKING HEADPHONE JACK EITHER

it literally just has the power cable so it lights up. End of.

And yoruba has arrived

let's say that she didn't connect the sampler during that jimmy fallon performance (btw, not snl). so what? that was just one fucking performance played for television. on tv, many, many bands - even acclaimed ones - used to lipsync and mime playing their instruments. at least grimes actually sang live.
you're just nitpicking at the bottom of the barrel.
fyi this is that performance: sendvid.com/2lkzzmgz

btw you seem mad because an amateur got so much praise. are you a failed musician?
ps: she played that roland gaia synth live too.

a headphone output used as a line out isn't generally going to significantly degrade quality

it's completely standard practice to mime stuff live, most electronic music can't be reasonably "performed" that way anyway

yes a very serious situation indeed

on top of that, that was one of her first live shows for tv - maybe even the very first one. she's already a shy person; just imagine how nerve-wracking that show was for her. she couldn't afford to mess with the samples during live tv.

>im sure she had it plugged in to the headphone j
The 404sx has NO balanced outputs of any kind (the rear ins/outs are just dumb RCA.) The only thing you stand to gain/lose in using it's phono plug as a primary output is better compatibility with live mixing gear (since 1/4 inch is much more common these days than RCA.)

This is the real source of her music

she used a player (phone?) during that kexp session too. that was like a sound source. this time she simply played the whole song minus her vocals and a few keyboard riffs.
but in general what she does live is:
-singing;
-playing the sampler: start/stop/loop samples + add effects;
-playing the synth, guitar, drum pads;
-handling various pedals and the audio mixer;
-dancing.

Grimes back from page 10!

>let's say that she didn't connect the sampler during that jimmy fallon performance
she fucking didn't
>(btw, not snl)
I don't fucking care. I would never touch either. If either of those are something you willingly consume you should kill yourself.
>so what?
Maybe you should ask yourself that same question, considering when she was accused of it you went into full autismo DEFCON 5 damage control and came up with some overwrought explanation involving a headphone jack, then when the fucking obvious flaws of that story were shoved into your face you immediatley just went "YEAH WELL ITS OK" and, right on queue, accused me, personally, of being a bitter failed musician because you were backed into a corner. Well while were on the topic of analyzing each other's personal lives based on Sup Forums posts, let me tell you what I've deduced from yours: you're an autistic semi-pedophilial mentally retarded subhuman who's parents regret conceiving with every waking moment your parasitic ass continues to exist on this earth, and you should immediately kill yourself in the most gruesome and violent way possible because its what you deserve.
>ps: she played that roland gaia synth live too.
oh just like she "played" the sampler? got it.

stop being such a creep man

The white keyboard doesn't have anything plugged into the USB or MIDI wtf

I'm impressed, but the fact that you were able to dig up such specific photos makes me wonder what you do in your free time

pretty funny

It's whatever. The 404 is garbage anyway.

grimes a shit waifu

But she's a great musician

not really

ru?

I don't like insulting people or assuming things about them, but she seems like such a fake, try-hard person.

who cares, she had no idea what real electronic music was even when it was handed to her

gotta hand it to the autist waifuist, he did debunk the theory that it wasn't plugged in. turns out that she just doesn't use RCA cables, instead favoring 1/4" TRS cables, which is understandable...

(proof)
grimes being a corporate shill confirmed

"grimes is a shy female musical pass"

bump

Had she really not heard SSS? Or of YMO at all? I don't like Grimes but I'm surprised.

she's fucking creepy, don't say these things about her, she might kill you

Isn't her ability to compose her songs more important than perform them live, Why does it matter that she might me using playback?

she's got ghost writers, she's in the business of being a cosplay waifu not a musician

hey retard, you're projecting way too much. struck a nerve? are you indeed a failed musician, nincompoop?

stop personally attacking people that don't agree that your wafiu is good musician

[citation urgently needed]

this. her abilities to sing, compose and produce music are much more important than live shows.
she didn't know about many classics but she knew very well about many more recent electronic artists: last.fm/user/chairmandore/library

your logic is flawed

who cares. shes awful live. can't sing worth a shit
spends more time trying to dance since shes obvs on adderall while performing.
mess of a show

it s blueteeth

wot? explain her rave reviews.

are we going to bring out huckleberry grimes again?

>mess of a show
that's the best part. it has a feeling of anything goes and improvisation. btw did you even attend her shows or are you judging her based on some crappy quality youtube videos?

>it has a feeling of anything goes and improvisation
left one of her shows that she did touring visions, it did not have this feeling at all, in fact the feeling was "sounds like a bad grimes cover band featuring grimes"

i saw her live when she came to atlanta.
> it has a feeling of anything goes and improvisation
that would be nice if the songs changed but it was the same as the studio just with longer "intros and outros. oh well least i got laid later that night since i ran into a classmate of mine whos really into grimes.
her studio stuff is fine. but her lives show nah.

you were too pretentious. btw she improved since then after years of touring. don't expect a perfect grimes show.

fake

left with three other people...

i don't expect perfection from any artist, but she was just bad... she should stick to the studio

i remembered this

many people enjoyed her shows. seriously, watch this video if you have time: dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
that's the way her shows looked like in 2016.

is she actually the most narcissistic person there is?

desu i discovered ymo many years later after being a kraftwerk fan. don't blame her, there's too much music to listen to and not enough time.

no. the most humble artist there is: youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE

why are you still doing this

I still want that grimes/Brandon collab

because i enjoy doing it. why are you still posting here?

im still waiting

for what?

brandon had things very easy for himself

you're ignoring me again. it's like you're proud

wait a second: wasn't brandon a chvrches fan?

she made that song about being raped, you tell me how modest and humble she is about herself

why do you care?

just wondering

Lol it was a meme

this whole thing is a fun joke isn't it

Yeah that's why you don't see him talking about Lauren or chvrches anymore besides looking forward to their new album.

i don't see anybody talking about lauren anymore

theres a headphone jack on the front. sometimes people use that for whatever reason. slightly different sound.

Nothing much to talk about