I watched Fight Club today, and I am so impressed. It was the most effective movie I've seen this whole year

I watched Fight Club today, and I am so impressed. It was the most effective movie I've seen this whole year.
I haven't been this excited in so long. Wow.

upvoted

I've seen it durin this summer, and I feel like I can't fully understand the film and the characters, since I'm 20 years old and haven't experienced what Norton's character did. I quite liked it, and it had great preformances. Directing was spot on, and it was quite a ride. Definitely going to re-watch it at some point.

Best book adaptation ever. Keeps all the best parts, improves other parts and switches some minor chronological things to fit the movie model better.

I will never join that new pretentious "fight club is overrated" bandwagon. It's not.

You might not agree with the anti-capitalism and pro-anarchistic message (I certainly don't'), but as a movie it's wonderfully executed.

I don't think that was the message of the movie at all. While I agree with some of Tyler's political views, the movie portrays it in a somewhat comical way.
The explosion scene at the end is comical. The scene with the veterinarian is comical in hindsight since you see how overdone it was.
The message of the movie was not political.

retard

just fyi: this () is not me ()

lightweight i watched this movie when i was like 16 it was amazing then and its amazing now

I like FC, but you're a faggot.

Technically yes.

I think the backlash is more or less against the fans, like pulp fiction.
Is been 20 years since it came out you see, imagine that one movie being on the best list of all teenagers for over a decade.

I think now is gonna be reappreciated by the gen-z who havent seen it yet.

Is gonna be good for millenials.

Chill it's not that great

Be honest. Imagine all the backlash this movie would generate if it was released this days.
I know Sup Forums would love the shit out of it.

It makes me very nostalgic of the 90's with all this fucking cape shit and star wars faggotry now.

Wow.

Wow. ͏

Wow. ͏ ͏

Wow. ͏ ͏ ͏

Wow. ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏

wew.

Wowzers in my trousers.

Wow.

kys

Wow.

There wasn't really much new in fightclub although it deserves a high place in that era for making the stoical ideas so palpable to a new generation.

>The things we own end up owning us
-Tyler

>After you have come to possess all other things, shall you then wish to possess wisdom also? ... how do you know that you have not too much already? ... Shall you wait for some interest to fall due, or for some income on your merchandise, or for a place in the will of some wealthy old man, when you can be rich here and now. Wisdom offers wealth in ready money, and pays it over to those in whose eyes she has made wealth superfluous ... in every age, what is enough remains the same.
-Seneca

>no prizefighter can go with high spirits into the strife if he has never been beaten black and blue; the only contestant who can confidently enter the lists is the man who has seen his own blood, who has felt his teeth rattle beneath his opponent's fist, who has been tripped and felt the full force of his adversary's charge, who has been downed in body but not in spirit, one who, as often as he falls, rises again with greater defiance than ever. There are more things likely to frighten us than there are to crush us; we suffer more often in imagination than in reality. (ironically Seneca died ~60 A.D. at the behest of his former pupil turned paranoid emperor)
-Seneca

Wow.

The amount of fa/tv/irgin contrarian fucks on this board never fails to astound me. People who aren't getting laid or hanging out with friends so they put on a mask of sacrasm and mockery. The type of person who doesn't exercise and doesn't know everyone around him gets annoyed by his autism.

Wow.

Everyone will agree that Fincher is the modern master of the psychological thriller/serial killer neo-noir, but I think his films are also very underrated as "red-pilled" sociological studies.

>Seven, Zodiac, TGWTDT
Movies. Cohesive trilogy.
>Fight Club, The Social Network, Gone Girl
Films. Cohesive trilogy.
(according to Fincher himself)

Fight Club isn't just babby's first criticism of consumerism, it's also a fun study of the male psyche and social alienation in a post-feminist society (the two, of course, are intertwined, since feminism was allowed to blossom because it allowed capitalism to create more consumers). "A generation of men raised by women", a complete lack of father figures and strong role models created weak and lost men. In the end, the narrator steps out of the proverbial cave of false conflicts and goes beyond Tyler's and society's lies: he (man) accepts Marla (woman) as his only salvation and key to life (reproduction), ready to begin a new world while the old one crumbles. A bit naive (how long will the relationship last?), but necessary in view of society's forced and unnatural individualism.

TSN... The sociological study nature of the film is in the title. It's of course not only about facebook itself, but about how the digital age changed human relationships, how a tool that was meant to bring people closer made them more isolated and individualistic than ever. This is a logicial step after Fight Club, when the men who were raised by women end up being raised by computers, nu-males turn into geeks/nerds and stray even further from the male essence (see hikkikomori psychology). Mark is a powerful billionaire, the king of the so-called "social" empire, yet cannot bring himself to communicate with the girl he likes. In his heart, he is powerless and alone. It's a direct contrast to Narrator finally rejecting his sick social system by holding Marla's hand; this time Fincher lost hope in human relationships and modern society.

GG if half-movie half-film, interesting structure. Starts like a thriller, ends like a social satire about the modern marriage. The real nightmare isn't morbid serial killers anymore, it's simply the post-feminist wife, who can literally get away with anything and keeps her man prisoner with manipulation. Marla was insane but Amy is something else. Only a very sick society would allow her to prosper.

>Movies vs Films
“A movie is made for an audience and a film is made for both the audience and the filmmakers. I think that The Game is a movie and I think Fight Club‘s a film. I think that Fight Club is more than the sum of its parts, whereas Panic Room is the sum of its parts. I didn’t look at Panic Room and think: Wow, this is gonna set the world on fire. These are footnote movies, guilty pleasure movies. Thrillers. Woman-trapped-in-a-house movies. They’re not particularly important.” - David Fincher

Not even memeing, I legitimately believe Fight Club is one of those movies women can never understand.

It also explains why Donald Trump won.

Most men don't understand it either.

I watched it for the first time when I was 18 at the recommendation of a 21 year old female.

It's mostly a fun movie with nice psychological themes, like Inception except not bad. What would a woman not understand?

It did have topless brad pitt fight/sex scenes, besides, women will recommend things because others do and they want to appear trendy, it's just that their views are rarely consistent if you bother to dig into them.

>woman: I'd totally fight for my country if we were attacked
>man: but you wouldn't spend your life preparing to fight so you can fight harder and longer than the enemy.

Wow.

Nah, she knew her shit. She had amazing taste in movies and music. She didn't like Meet Joe Black for example.

>most effective movie
what did he/she/it meant by that?

It effectively made me feel excited, made me feel anxious, made me feel surprised, made me care for the characters, made me interested in the story.
It was captivating.

>You might not agree with the anti-capitalism and pro-anarchistic message

The movie is about millenials with empty lives and the end of patriarcal model.

I'm not saying all men understand it either, but the ethos of the movie is very much anchored around a context that belongs to the "modern man".

I don't mean it as in saying women are too stupid or lack the analytical capability to get what's going on, but rather my point is that women play a very central role in the paradigm shifts that have led men to the place where they are today, and albeit I have no doubts women can enjoy the movie for the merits you've described, the core themes will never really resonate within them.

Women didn't create wageslavery or consumerism, the specific conditions mentioned again and again in the movie.

Most of all fight club to me is the last movie that got shit reviews when it came out but later (pretty quickly) got accepted as a classic.

It doesn't really happen anymore. Rotten tomatoes/metacritic changed everything. Now even if the initial reviews are shitty if there is an adjustment in the general critic opinion there'll be all adjustment at the latest when home media is released. It's one slowly-changing score representing everything so even a bit drastic change in opinion is swept under the rug.

There's probably a generation of people growing up who look at the critical opinion as something more set-in-stone/objective. You put in fight club on rotten tomatoes it just shows one value. No context/history behind it. I don't know how many normies would know it was shit on when it came out.

I have literally no idea what you're trying to say.

They certainly did not. But as says, the erosion of the patriarchal model is one of the central motifs of the movie, the obsession with spending and pointless unfulfilling jobs are merely the symptoms of the disease: if you look over our society, men are slowly but surely being delegated to a secondary role in society, failing to succeed in things previously taken as granted, like graduating from college as often as women, forming functional and lasting families, raising their children, or just simply finding a sense of community and belonging in a world where more and more it becomes much more convenient to just opt out of it.

I don't mean to come across as demonizing women or trying to demerit feminism in its entirety. But Fight Club is a story of men that are born in a world that never really asked for them, in a society where they aren't really needed at best - outright unwanted at worst; you can't fully understand this feeling by just watching it a movie with critical eyes.

Feminism is just a consequence. The main problem is the Ronald Reagan post modern capitalism that made a lot of people useless.

>But Fight Club is a story of men that are born in a world that never really asked for them, in a society where they aren't really needed at best - outright unwanted at worst;

jesus fucking christ dude come on

He's saying RT/Metacritic have changed how people look at movies -- and not in terms of how movies are produced, but how they view a movie [positively/negatively] based on RT/MC scoring which can constantly change.

I think, anyway.

Eitherway, it's fucking stupid that people look at Tomatometer scores with regards to a movie INSTEAD OF THE FUCKING AVG. RATING WHICH IS RIGHT FUCKING BELOW IT.

The .ain problem is Jews and niggers.

yass, me too!!! It's good to know that there are minds that think like you (not sheeple) and watch intelligent movies and understand how corrupt and meaningless the society is. I would suggest watching True Detective (season1, season 2 sucks) and Christopher Nolan movies. While they're not as deep and existentialist as fight club they are the opium for a thinking man. Nolan is literally the next Kubrick.

If I had to fight the guy in your pic, I think I know where I would aim...

the spikes?

It doesn't contradict my post. Making society multiracial is a key point to favor a super predating capitalism. That's why Reagan wide opened the borders.

Dumbasses wrote brad pitt not knowing he was just an imagination. Fucking stupid.

not even fincher's best

Fight Club is the best Movie ever made hands down. Its a movie that every male can relate too and striving to become. 10/10