THE MUMMY

Will it be horrorkino?

>Thought safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen (Sofia Boutella) whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is accidentally awakened on current day by Tyler Colt (Tom Cruise), a military officer wrestling with his own personal demons, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension. Telepathically connected to the vengeful spirit, Colt takes upon himself to stop her reign of terror, aided by Jenny Halsey (Annabelle Wallis), an archaeologist investigating reports of dark forces whose influence has shaped the human race, and the Brotherhood of the Temple, a secret society sworn ot defend the world from supernatural threats.

youtube.com/watch?v=LAWo9_V2qOg

>Tom Cruise as Tyler Colt, a renegade military officer whose fate becomes intertwined with the Mummy's.

>Annabeth Wallis as Jenny Halsley, a brash archaeologist who has uncovered in her expeditions evidence that humanity shares its world with dark supernatural forces.

>Courtney B. Vance as Colonel Gideon Foster, Colt's former commanding officer and a dutiful soldier willing to stop at nothing to complete his mission.

>Dylan Smith as Lorenzo Montanari, a wealthy collector of Egyptian artifacts who holds in his inventory the key for the Mummy to ascend back into power.

>Marwan Kanzari as Malik, a skilled warrior from a long lineage of protectors of humanity and the leader of the Brotherhood of the Temple.

>Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll, a brilliant scientist who harbors dark secrets of his own.

>Sofia Boutella as The Mummy.

Other urls found in this thread:

horrorpedia.com/2013/02/24/universal-movie-monsters-lunch-box-and-thermos-flask-merchandise/
youtube.com/watch?v=GIOZw2l2vj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Tom Cruise flick
>le cinematic universe
it will be shit

Tom Cruise movies are always funcore, though.

Why is the mummy a grll?

So Tom Cruise can fuck it.

>Tyler Colt

Really?

It won't be as good as the Fraser one

scientologists be shilling this garbage hard.
The original Mummy movie is kino, not this shit.

Because it's 2016

>horror
lolno
it will be a generic capeshit-like action movie with a cute mummy as a villain

Get over it. Girls are scary and funny.

The film will be fine as long as no supernatural adversaries have a fuckhuge CGI mouth.

That ruined all the previous mummy films (even more than CGI dwayne)

>Tom Cruise

Gonna suck.

>big budget Hollywood horror

gonna suck

>Dr. Jekyll

lol, wut? No, gonna suck

>subplot about renegade officer and hard-nosed by-the-book police chief commanding officer who won't let Tom Cruise use his maverick methods because the mayor's got his ass in a vice.

Nope.

This has "World War Z-tier abortion" written all over it.

No you're putting the cart before the horse.

The Mummy is the movie that innovated the effect. This is to Mummy what bullet time and that rotating camera trick was to the original Matrix.

The problem with that bit is every fucking cheap ass horror movie has included it since. So yeah, they'll probably put it in.

>Russell Crowe

PICKED UP
U
P

>Tom Cruise action movie about the mummy, who is a hot chick
No

>Russel Crowe as Dr Jekyll
Yes

I want to hold hands with Sofia Boutella, though. I hope it'll be good, just for her. She deserves it.

>>Russel Crowe as Dr Jekyll
>Yes

This is the "samuel jackson as Nick Fury" moment for the film. Universal is relaunchign all their horror classics in a shared universe.

They are counting on avengers $$$.

>Universal cinematic universe

THE DAWN OF MONSTERKINO HAS ARRIVED

My mummyfu

So is this a prequel to Suicide Squad?

HEY O'CONNEL!

>Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll, a brilliant scientist who harbors dark secrets of his own.

Christ I hate cinematic universes

>Mummy with Tom and qt mummy
>Crowe as Jekyll
Holy shit they're really doing the monster universe. Fuck the haters. I'll watch the fuck out of that. I dunno, it's just more appealing to me than the capeshit universe which I don't care for at all. I just don't care about guys in tight spandex.

Is Dracula Untold a part of this or is that separate?

The whole thing sounds confusing as fuck. They've stated that they want to keep it actually horror-orientated, but the whole cinematic universe with essentially The Avengers but with Universal monsters simply can't be portrayed scary. Then you have the trailer look more like an action flick, but it doesn't seem humorous, so it just doesn't really make sense to me.

Are you too stupid to remember they tried this already with Dracula Untold?

>mummy isn't a black queen

oh boy can't wait for the twatter uproar and for 12 thousand more buzzfeed articles on hollywood "whitewashing"

>female mummy villain
DropItLikeItsHot.mp3

It's supposed to be a serious action/horror movie with some light doses of levity as action and horror movies are known to have. They're not aiming to make the movies quippy and the monsters aren't supposed to team up to fight a greater evil or whatever.

If they ever do a team-up movie it'll just be monsters trying to fuck over each other and fighting humans.

>Tom Cruise fighting a female mummy

I don't know, I'm not really sold on the whole-

>based Crowe as Dr. Jekyll out of nowhere

I'm in

The idea for the monsters cinematic universe started while Dracula Untold was already being made, but they forced reshoots at the end to hint at sequels with an overarching villain. So I think it they were just going to see how the critical/commercial results of the movie was before deciding on whether or not it. Since it flopped, I think they decided not to go with it and I believe I remember someone at Universal saying so in an article.

Only thing interesting in this movie is Russell Crowe as Dr. Jekyll.

All rest of is shit.

>crowe as jekyll
mite be good
>tom cruise and lady mummy
mite be shite

u wot m8

Great waifu material. She'll be perfect.

>Is Dracula Untold a part of this or is that separate?

Separated. DRACULA UNTOLD was already in production when Universal greenlit the Monster Cinematic Universe and wasn't planned to be a part of it, but they considered retrofitting it in if the movie was succesful, and even added that epilogue on present day to set it up, but the movie flopped anyway, so it was written off and THE MUMMY is officially launching the series.

WWZ made bank though, don't hate. Was better than the book, too.

Are you too stupid that they've been publicly saying that they are building a cinamatic universe starting with a Mummy reboot?

It's not a hypothetical thing, it's been a known fact for awhile now. If this movie succeeds then they're doing it.

I don't know anything about that movie's history desu. I just watched and it heard some people here say some stuff here and there. I saw they were making another Dracula movie for this universe tho awhile back, so I dunno if they'll use Untold.

>Sofia Boutella as the Mummy.
>Russell Crowe as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
>Johnny Depp as the Invisible Man
>Dwayne Johnson as the Wolfman.
>Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's Monster.
>Angelina Jolie as the Bride of Frankenstein.
>Dracula and Creature of the Black Lagoon soon.

They're actually doing it, the absolute madmen!

Who are the monsters going to fight though? Satan? White people?

For the record, the universal classic monsters were as big in their day as Star Wars + Cape films are in the modern age. People underestimate how huge it is.

They were the first films to relentlessly milk merchandising (halloween masks, lunch boxes, toys, etc) and made millions (billions?) back in the day. They rivaled Disney when it came to merchandising. This lasted for decades and they earned more off merchandise than the films themselves.

horrorpedia.com/2013/02/24/universal-movie-monsters-lunch-box-and-thermos-flask-merchandise/

It is understandable that they want to reboot it.

>Dwayne Johnson as the Wolfman.
>Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's Monster

they should switch roles

leading up to this

Themselves.

And Van Helsing.

going to watch it just for my female villains fetish

Don't worry. I'm sure her backstory will involve some horrible man being the reason she's a killer mummy.

>The Avengers but with Universal monsters

It worked in the past. They made three films with the full monster roster, plus several more crossover films.

What the hell is this Van Helsing movie then?

Also WHERES YUKIKAZE, TOM?

Tom was approached for VAN HELSING, but preferred to do THE MUMMY.

Monster movies aren't strictly horror movies, they're a mix of horror, adventure and disaster movies. Think of Fraser's mummy and that's pretty much what a perfect monster movie looks like.

The problem is that Frankenstein and Dracula, as well as any of the ones based on literature like Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde, are in the public domain. There is so much stuff out there already that it can't possibly be that profitable. The last Dracula movie and Frankenstein movies didn't do well either, if that's evidence of anything.

>a Van Helsing reboot

Fuck sakes Hollywood. Stop this shit.

God I fucking hate this movie. People love it, but it fucking sucks.

Universal owns the "look" of the classic monsters, even if their original stories are in public domain.

The new Frankenstein movie will be based on the iconic "bolts in neck, flat head monster". No other studio can legally make anything close to resembling this.

Script spoilers.

Navy Seal Tyler Colt is stationed in Iraq. During a mission, his unit stumbles upon an old tomb buried in a derelict underground temple and are possessed by supernatural forces that compel them to slaughter each other. Colt survives and, upon touching the tomb, his mind is flooded with visions of a vicious battle in ancient Egypt.

The government covers up the massacre and sends Colt back to the United States, but he remains plagued by nightmares. Years later, he is approached by Colonel Gideon Foster, the leader of a private military company that salvages relics from war-torn countries and seeks Colt's assistance to locate the tomb, which he believes is valuable.

Colt begrudgingly joins Foster's unit and meets his guide, archaeologist Jenny Halsley. Colt and Halsley don't get along. He assists them in locating the tomb, but on the way back to the United States, their plane is caught in a strange storm and redirected to Rome, upon which it is struck by lightning and crash-lands, setting the Mummy free. Colt realizes he is telepathically connected to it.

Colt and Halsley find out the Mummy was a young princess whose kingdom was stolen from her by rivals, and who sold her soul for the power to destroy her enemies, leading the armies of the undead in the slaughter Colt has been dreaming about. In exchange, it is her duty to unleash Hell on Earth.

Colt and Halsley find out that the Mummy is seeking her crown and sword, upon which she will restore her powers and destroy the world, and embark on a dangerous mission to retrieve the objects, which are in posession of wealthy antiques collector Lorenzo Montanari, while also evading Foster, who grows obsessed with the Mummy in its power. Colt and Halsley are aided in their adventure by Malik, a warrior sworn to defend the world from supernatural forces.

would you fuck that mummy?
I sure would

Absolutely.

FAT
MUMMY
BUTT

does she use her jaw to crack open walnuts

THICC

Have Tom Cruise ever been in a movie that DOESN'T have a scene of him running Sup Forums?

Wheelchair Assassin flick when?

Is embalming fluid bad for your dick?

>embalming fluid
Mummies had their organs removed, they're skin and bone, perfectly clean inside for your dick

Enjoy 5000 year old AIDS

>76852132
So...it's taking place in our time? Dropped.

/thread

seeing one of these threads pop up 2 days ago made me download and watch dracula untold

wasn't that supposed to the be the start of this "cinematic universe"?

H-heh-heh, no way, go-I mean "guy." W- I mean Universal - made a stinker and are leaving it behind. It's not like anyone thought it was going to be a tentpole that would make some executives filthy rich. No one's that stupid, right?

That is fucking retarded

>Kurtzman
>Orci

It'll be shit

The 90's miniseries was pretty sweet too

>military

why is every new movie pandering to the armed forces? I guarantee there will be a scene where a military hardass engages in hand to hand combat with the mummy

O'Connell was a veteran mercenary

But the mummy is a little girl.

She can't stink any worse than the fat chick I fucked last night.

I can smell this shit from here.

>a scene where a military hardass engages in hand to hand combat with the mummy

cool

Because it's Current Year user!

>not bringing back this guy and his ISIS army

>Navy SEAL

STOP

Sauce??

>good guys get overwhelmed by supernatural forces of evil chick
>at the most depressing moment people start hearing the faint sound of nasheed
>suddenly a horde of toyotas with jihadists rush in and everyone starts shouting allahu akbar
>they blow up the evil army with rpgs and behead the main villain while filming it

Fraiser's character was ex-FFL, besides, they'll probably have some scene where the modern military engages and gets it shit rekt, only for heroic Arabs with swords to come and save everyone.

>Salil as-sawarim
>Nasidu al-abah
>ALLAHU ACKBAR

>No Rick O'Connell
Fucking garbage.

>brotherhood of the temple

sounds a lot like them doesn't it?

>youtube.com/watch?v=GIOZw2l2vj0

It's pretty obvious that's who these 'Brotherhood of the Temple' guys are going to be.

So this is a mummy

>you now realized ISIS is literally defending a tomb that has supernatural mummies in it
>Russia and the US want the mummy and tomb for themselves

>shitting on based Cruise
kys

damn this is tense, imagine desert ninjas running toward you while this blasts on the speakers

is she a MILF?

I can be down with this

That would be surreal in 2017

>O'CONNELL WE'LL PROTECT YOU INSHALLAH

It says she's 25 in the pic