This is literally the greatest Sci fi ever made (specifically the first one, not 2 or 3)...

This is literally the greatest Sci fi ever made (specifically the first one, not 2 or 3). Just try to prove me wrong faggots.

it's a great action movie, but a terrible sci-fi movie

Lol how? Fucking pretentious neckbeard dick

It's not even Scifi. It's just fi

>Lol how?
The premise itself is retarded, machines putting people in a dream world to use them as living batteries. It's merely a half-assed excuse to have people jumping around doing crazy impossible kung-fu action shit. Which is fun, don't get me wrong, but it's hardly interesting science fiction.

>Fucking pretentious neckbeard dick
salty

Every Sci fi is retarded if you break it down it down like that. Which ones do you like u ugly fuckstick. Jurassic park? T2?
>salty
I'd be saltier if I had to see your face 2bh. Thank God I don't. Idk how u put up with it lmao.

>1999 was 18 years ago

i just wanted to say that i absolutely fucking love this movie

that is all.

>Every Sci fi is retarded if you break it down it down like that
Not really. Good science fiction at least makes the attempt to create an interesting world that holds up under some scrutiny. The ideas behind The Matrix fall apart after thinking about them for more than a few seconds

My favorite sci-fi is Blade Runner, btw

>I'd be saltier if I had to see your face 2bh. Thank God I don't. Idk how u put up with it lmao.
I'm rather handsome tbqh

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

The original idea was processors. Take that as you will.

Im more interested in reproduction, like when humans in the matrix have a kid did the machine need to get sperm from her man and pump her full of it?

>christmas 2000
>watch Matrix for the very first time
>this was also the day my parents gifted me one of my absolute favorite games of all time, Baldur's Gate 2

it was fucking magic boys. i held the BG2 box for the entire movie

>humans are batteries because fuck conservation of energy
You are wrong, OP.

Enter the Matrix was PS2 kino.

THERE IS NO BULLET

MIND = BLOWN

it really fucking was, m8

thanks you based Shiny. you will never be forgotten.

They were processors, script changes, test audiences etc

>It's not even Scifi. It's just fi
OK so it's Imaginative Fi?
Coin us the genre mister genretist!

Oh look it's the trash that caused the edgy try hard trend in Hollywood and the Columbine shootout

It was good movie but not a good Metal Gear Solid game.

>just rewatched all 3 matrix films a few days ago
>now just realizing that I have a fetish for latex suits and Trinity.

used to think that people who found trinity sexy were nerds, I guess I grew up, she makes my dick hard.

ideas that aren't in the final product don't really count

That's not Blade Runner, Gattaca or Minority Report.

If wishes were fishes... b-but, they're not, so end of discussion.

Gattaca and Minirity Report are complex, Blade Runner not so much.

complexity isn't everything, Blade Runner is far better than either Gattaca or Minority Report in terms of style and atmosphere. Also dat soundtrack

Sure, but Blade Runner still has interesting themes and is A E S T H E T I C as fuck.

it was original as fuck when it came out. supposed to be the next star wars but those bsdm rejects made it into something else.

>A E S T H E T I C
opinion discarded

but is boring as fuck

felt warmth

Terminator 2 is the best sci-fi.

>The original idea was processors.
Fuck, why didn't they go with this? Would have made everything so much better.

Blew my mind when i watched it as a kid. The amount of parodies and rip offs kind of sullied it for me and it seems cheesy now. I feel bad for people who didn't see it when it came out.

Film is a visual medium, retard. Sorry it didn't have your Marvel-formula plot or quips.

If you go in expecting a sci-fi/thriller I can understand finding it boring, but for what the film is it's fantastic. It's a movie you can get lost in, especially if you're a fan of film noir

they thought people were too stupid to understand it

not even joking

>they thought americans were too stupid to understand it
ftfy

nah, what I meant is, someone who uses meme words like aesthetic should have their opinion discarded

It's a good movie but once you get older and expose yourself to more, you realise that it's pretty much a Tarantino style rip off and repackaging of better works.

Do you know where you are? This is a meme board

If you want serious discussion go back to jerking people off on reddit, faggot.

>it was original as fuck when it came out
No. Have you seen Dark City?

cry more meme queen

>Gattaca
Only beta cucks enjoy this faggot fest. No wonder why it's so popular onthis shithole.

Explain. Imo it's a great movie about not letting anything hold you back

>Tarantino style rip off
Meme harder please.

that is an entirely reasonable presmise bro infact it fits alot ofscientific models ie reality may be a simulation "models are not facts ofc" humans generate masses of electricity

if your handsome he would be more mad

the amount of energy a human body produces would be nowhere the amount it takes the machines to grow them, feed them, and keep up a massive virtual simulation for them to dick around in.

Even if you go by the original, non-canon explanation of using human minds as processors, it still doesn't make much sense without an explanation as to what a human mind can do that an AI can't.

>combined with a form of fusion...

>Even if you go by the original, non-canon explanation of using human minds as processors, it still doesn't make much sense without an explanation as to what a human mind can do that an AI can't.
To be fair though, if one assumes neural networks necessary for a real AI just don't pan out then it makes some sense. Plus it has the added pottery of the system (civilization/Matrix) making everyone connected stupid. Only the red pilled are the true geniuses because they are using all of their brain capacity.

But Columbine was before this, new friend

fusion would make the humans unnecessary

there is no way to explain the retarded dialogue except the brothers were getting busy transitioning to redpilled status and it affected the internal logic and writing.

I definitely like the broad ideas behind it and wish they had gone with the original explanation.

Even so, still a really fun movie with excellent action setpieces.

Dark City was fucking garbage.
Jesus Christ stop with this meme.
The concept of the world being an illusion is more than 2000 years old.