DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY. 72 HOURS REMAIN

DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY. 72 HOURS REMAIN.

If you think this is insignificant, it's not. We are reaching the point where the music industry will no longer bother selling music to people at all. Streaming is all fine and dandy but it's not ownership and we live in a time now where if an artist called someone a fag on twitter in 2009 they could get their entire catalog pulled from all of them.

Shit disapears off soundcloud all the time and we don't even know if that site will be operating in a year, it makes no fucking money. Bandcamp still exists I guess but that's for less established artists.

Tidal and their exclusives is a fucking cancer. Apple do the same shit. Spotify is going to IPO any day now and be even more beholden to stockholders and shit.

Anyone who isnt on Bandcamp has their own website to sell anything.

I don't think I've ever bought anything from iTunes.

My whole iTunes library is pretty much from old sharethreads and mediafire (RIP)

good
digital downloads are stupid and obsolete
who the fuck buy stuff on itunes
just use streaming, pirate stuff thats not on there and if you like an album a lot or want to support the artist, buy a physical copy or use bandcamp

>who the fuck buy stuff on itunes

Normies

>Dawn of Final Day
>72 hours
>2019
>using itunes
>caring about anything apple does outside of beats radio on Apple music for new single premiers

Whether you like it or not, the market always follows in Apple's step, even when there's backlash. Remember when Google touted that their Pixel phone still had a headphone jack, then proceeded to remove it the next year?

Shut up, i use itunes and im not a normie

Good thing I already have most if not all music I want/like.

>72 hours
Whats this got to do with net neutrality?

honestly i have been workimg really hard the past 2 years hammering my connection but almost all my music library from 1960 - 1996 is offline and lossless 24bit and are pre loudness war masters ...

i mirrorred it and its in a fireproof safe. They can get fucked with hammered dynamics and lossy compression - i have a vastly superior copy and those cunts arent getting a dime from me ever again

*laughs in 32bit*

If you don't understand that streaming is the future, especially for small files like music, you're a twat.

Having an mp3 file isn't ownership, and even if you're reduced to streaming, it's still not hard to create a digital copy.

S-shut up!

you never "own music". only the artist who made it owns it. what you own is a product designed to allow you to listen to it. but the closest you can get to owning the music is a CD or record, not fucking mp3 files from itunes.

It's a shame you don't have any good music in that quality.

RIP music industry

How is an mp3 file not ownership? What if I make a CD?

But you can make a CD from an mp3

ITT: People who think their shitty mp3s downloaded from itunes are better than a wide catalogue of music from across time and genres, immediately accessible over stream, at the same 320 quality, or let's face it, better, than their shitty mp3s.

greater than 3tb... try me pal that was just a synth / disco playlist

>typical stuck up /m/otherfucker

Oh no, no music industry!?

t. normie

*breathes in*

SHUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

YET ON /MU IF AN ALBUM IS NOT ON A MAJOR AND IS RELEASED THROUGH BANDCAMP INDEPENDENT IT IS CALLED 'MEME'.

MEANWHILE FIFTY KANYE AND TAYLOR SWIFT THREADS EVERY SINGLE DAY AND NO ONE TALKS ABOUT 'MEME'.

FUCKING WACK.

THIS IS THE BEST POST I'VE EVER READ ON THIS FUCKHOLE OF BOARD.

t. OP

>use streaming

no you miss the point of the thread

>streaming is the worst

This streaming sucks

Streaming is shit, it's like listening to an album through a radio. I don't want to need the internet to listen to music. slsk 4 life

I only use rutracker.

all of these new rappers and kpop teenagers wanting to 'make it' are the same

music is going to get way worse

No, gen Z dont buy into it like mindlesslennials. They're actuallu learning instruments.

if you believe this you are optimistic but an actual retard probably under 25

it's going to get wayyyyyyy worse

It's worse 'cause at least the radio is free.