Is there a certain point where even someone who was once considered literally THE greatest can have fallen off so badly...

Is there a certain point where even someone who was once considered literally THE greatest can have fallen off so badly that his best works are completely invalidated and he simply can't be seen as anything other than a pathetic joke in spite of what he once was?

Because I think Eminem has officially reached that point.

Maybe. Is George Lucas still seen as a good director?

Lil Wayne 2008 and Lil Wayne 2013

if you have taste he was never seen as a good one in the first place

Em could have quit 10 years ago and have his legacy intact and dominating, and be one of those artists whose next album is so heavily anticipated that it almost becomes a meme (ala Half Life), but instead he had to fuck it up by continuing to release albums that no one other than literal redditors (not even normies listen to Eminem anymore) wants. Would it have been so hard just to stop releasing music?

He was one of the greatest, but revival doesn't look good.

>Would it have been so hard just to stop releasing music?
Ye, it would be quite hard to refuse to be fucking rich.

dipshit, star wars is a masterpiece and thx 1138 is endlessly copied and totally fucking cool

>not even normies listen to Eminem anymore

wrong, I have normie friends who still worship him

>star wars is a masterpiece

kys redditor

He already was fucking rich and he could have continued to be fucking rich just by existing. Hell he could have even just played shows. Or been a writer but not a performer.

His best works were never above a 7/10 anyway. They were ok. Nothing mind blowing like his fan base wants you to believe.

>I have normie friends who still worship him
You poor bastard.

Your friends aren't normie. They're just boring beta fucks, like you

Nobody but rap-illiterate white trash ever thought Eminem was anything like the greatest.

ive never really liked eminem but i dont think theres a single rapper thats anywhere close to their top level in their mid 40s

>76852757

>>His best works were never above a 7/10 anyway. They were ok. Nothing mind blowing like his fan base wants you to believe.

Imbecile.

>an Eminem fan getting defensive and using ad hominem for even dare suggesting that their favorite rapper isn’t the best
Color me surprised.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

>His best works were never above a 7/10 anyway
State of Sup Forums

He now officially has more mediocre albums than good ones, top 5 my ass

See
and also

Sincerely dumbest thread in months, as bad as the soyboy and li peep bullshit. You all are such angry dickheads

>you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

His good albums will still be great, but this is obviously affecting his legacy and overall discog.

What am I supposed to see?Because all that did is make you look retarded.

>eminem fanboi haha
Cool lmfao

Guys, where do I start with Eminem? Has he made any good horrorcore?

Marshall Mathers LP and Slim Shady LP

The Eminem Show is also good but you'll probably don't like it if you're looking for horrorcore, might want to check out Relapse

Well are you or are you not? All you did was get defensive because I'm not saying Eminem is perfect. Which is what a majority of his Stans do.

Instead of saying why you think he's so good you're just resorting to personal insults.
So do you actually have a defense for his work or are you just gonna keep spouting "retard" and "state of mu"?

Star Wars was rescued in editing, as shot it was a disaster.

have you ever even seen “Americans Graffiti” because you’re a fucking idiot

American Grafitti is only good to idiots that aren’t smart enough to understand that it’s utterly derivative, poorly written and shallow.

I, for one, never understood why people idolize or enjoy Eminem. He's a wannabe nigger. Let that sink in. Most blacks try their best to escape their birthright. Hair products, skin lighteners, whatever. And this idiot trailer park trash tries to become a nigger. What a joke.

>derivative
it’s an homage to ‘50s culture so fucking duh
>poorly written
ok how?
>shallow
a coming-of-age story where the kin of the “greatest generation” live under America’s greatest influence despite the shadow of nuclear war in the horizon

you probably think Memento is serious kino