The ending of krampus

so what are your thoughts?
hell? did he give them a 2nd chance and is just watching over them? any other takes or aanything i missed?

I assumed they were in the Hell Globe and were forced to celebrate Christmas for all eternity

I choose to believe a 2nd chance, because I'm sappy like that.

2nd chance, when Max wakes up and looks out his window you can clearly see the rest of the neighborhood and the distant cityscape. It's the real world. The snow globe is just how he watches them.

Not to mention the fucking dog was there too, as if he did something to deserve eternity in the underworld.

Just my opinion though, it's open to interpretation. The final shot of the aunt pouring more alcohol after everyone realizes what happened just before the zoom-out was fucking gold.

I thought it was him giving them and other families like them one last chance to do christmas right.

Yeah this is what I gathered from that. That was obviously Krampus's trophy room.

Why couldn't krampus close his mouth?

That's a mask matey

that's what i thought too. him being able to see the neighborhood told me they were in the real world. they can walk outside and do whatever they want.

unless its magic and theyre forced to stay inside and have christmas every day.

but i assumed krampus has snowglobes of everyone's house and just uses them to watch over us

As much as I know that leaving his face a mystery is a better decision , I wished that something would have happened to reveal a quick shot of what Krampus actually looked like underneath the mask. Maybe the main kid could have knocked it off at the end while he's being dragged to Christmas Hell.

Maybe there's some concept art somewhere around.

interesting

I thought it was all a nightmare or some hokey shit like that.

this, in the OP and in the movie you can see his real mouth underneath.

is this movie comfy af for anyone else?

maybe just a vision from Krampus to show what would happen if they didn't shape up? but i felt like krampus was way too evil to give a second chance

If they do eventually go through with that Gremlins reboot I definitely hope they go with this guy. Between this and Trick r Treat, the director shows that he knows how to blend horror and comedy pretty well.

If not just go with Joe Dante again. He'll, I'm sure he'd love to do more Gremlins.

just assume it was something like this

>Christmas forever

Honestly sounds pretty comfy desu

>implying Christmas isn't the worst holiday

Everyone's high-strung and jonesing to fight, everyone's clearly bitter about having to get gifts for each other, and everyone hates having to drive at that time of year

>hating Christmas

My take was that he was keeping an eye on them; keeping an eye on all the snow globes and families he's visited. My reason for this and that they aren't trapped in eternal Christmas hell is when the kid wakes up and looks outside he sees a neighbor kid or two outside celebrating Christmas as well. When they were attacked the first time all the houses were empty and no one was around.

>side note

Why isn't molly from Fargo in more stuff? She's one of the very few good fat lady actors.

>think krampus looks kinda weird with his constant gaping mouth
>like it just looks like a guy in a mask
>get a proper look at him in the finale
>its a demon is a santa mask
Krampus was not very good, but fuck me the creature design was on fucking point.

you misunderstand. its not the lead up to christmas forever, its the day of.

Man sounds you need to get a krampus visit this year homie. God bless dude hope this year is better for you

>Krampus was not very good

I never spotted that before. It really irritated me that he couldn't close his mouth. Ruined it a little but now my faith is restored.

And to answer your other question it'll go into my yearly rotation alongside Gremlins.

As long as they keep the CGI down and go with animatronics.

umm i never knew it was a mask pretty cool

I go with the second one because Christmas movies should have happy endings

>Not watching the superior Finnish version

I remember seeing the trailer fr this a while ago. Any good?

I remember having this on my Netflix queue a while back and never getting around to watching it.

Is it actually pretty good?

>enjoying anything ever produced by le reddit hockey man

It really wasn't. It tried to do horror/comedy but didn't blend it at all.
One scene you have a giant gaping mouth jackinthebox slug devouring children, the next you have David Koechner battling silly CGI jingerbread men. Plus all the family members are completely 1 dimensional assholes so you end up rooting for Krampus to win, which he ultimately does.
Its certainly a lot of fun, but its in no way a good movie.

The day of is the worst because it's the culmination of all the shit and everyone's disappointed

Thanks bb. I think my cousins and I just need to agree that when it comes time for us to lead organization of Christmas that we won't buy gifts for anyone over 18. Unless kids are involved, it's just dinner.

I saw it a few years back and really enjoyed it. It is a bit cheesy at parts but genuinely unsettling and atmospheric.

It's in Finnish though obviously so expect subtitles

>jingerbread
Was this really advertised as horror comedy? I thought it was a comedy through and through

I'll get on that this month then, thanks for the rec

Its classified as a holiday horror-comedy

Your family is shit. I'm sorry for you.

>forever christmas with my cute 11-year-old girl cousin

How would I control myself?

Wait seven years and say she's emotionally an adult

>it was actually just a rubber mask, not the skinned off face of Santa

fucking DROPT

Better yet, just agree that "girls mature faster than boys"

how did so many people miss this? like another user said, creature design was on point. and you can think the gingerbread men were silly but dont forget they were literally trying to fuck their shit up senpai

>u mad human boi?

If you go by the canon established by the writer in the supplemental comic book, they were given a second chance. You only get the Krampus bell if you are given another chance. If you aren't given another chance, then you get taken to the factory where they turn you into one of Krampus toy minions, forever doomed to repent your shitty holiday spirit by trying to get others to see the light before it's too late.

Santa is not dead though.

wut'cha gunna do huh

I threw up in my mouth. Kys

>is this movie comfy af for anyone else?
yes. the opening captures the feeling of being home for christmas with family perfectly, warts and all plus I see a lot of my younger self in the kid.

>he hasn't seen the fairly odd parents christmas special

I assumed it was a christmas purgatory. Christmas all day everyday