Escape from New York prequel

>Our bad guy won’t be the Duke of New York. Instead, he’s the lean, intensely charismatic Thomas Newton, the playboy heir to an agrochemical and biotech corporation.
>The role originated by Lee Van Cleef will now be played by a woman. The film will introduce us to CIA Deputy Executive Director Roberta Hauk.
>New York City isn’t a maximum security prison. In the reboot, New York is breathtakingly lovely. Manhattan is the island we know, but with more towering glass structures and a high, undulating glass wall. The sky is alive with drones as serene as bees, and artificial intelligence controls all in the form of an ethnically ambiguous, cheery young woman called April. A small staff of technicians and researchers known as “Seers” monitor all.
>Globally, one in every seventy five human begins is now either a refugee, internally displaced, or seeking asylum.
>A hurricane is coming. It’s called Superstorm Ellery.
>April’s security won’t be as good as everyone hoped. That will make the whole city vulnerable.
>Snake has only eleven hours to complete his mission. In the original film, he had 22 hours. Plissken’s mission is to bring in Newton alive.
>Carpenter will serve as an executive producer

thewrap.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-story-details/

>There are new details surfacing behind Twentieth Century Fox reboot of John Carpenter‘s 1981 cult-classic Escape From New York, but there are two very important elements that are missing from the reports.
>First, and more importantly, it’s going to act as a prequel to Carpenter’s film, while the second, which could be changed by the time filming begins, is that Snake Plissken will not have eye eyepatch.
>The prequel is to reboot the franchise much like Fox did with Planet of the Apes, setting up a trilogy that leads into the classic film, but is also in canon.

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3416557/escape-new-york-will-prequel-exclusive/

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014/09/escape-from-new-york-could-star-charlie-hunnam
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's some old info from 2014:

>former Downton Abbey star Dan Stevens is reportedly being considered for the role.
>Producers reportedly also have The Walking Dead alum Jon Bernthal in their sites.
>Also rumored to be on the producers' wish list is Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014/09/escape-from-new-york-could-star-charlie-hunnam

The 2014 info might be irrelevant but I'm posting it anyway since it gives us some ideas as to who they might cast as young Snake.

fucking stop hollywood you cuntbags

>he’s the lean, intensely charismatic Thomas Newton, the playboy heir to an agrochemical and biotech corporation

stop

Are we in some kind of Dark Age of Hollywood?

All these prequels, sequels, and remakes nobody asked for.

Sounds like the 80s

>inb4 they rip off Suicide Squad which ripped off Escape from NY
>Plissken with no eye patch

>villain is a charismatic billionaire
>poor refugees everywhere
Some of the most in your face Hollywood propaganda I've seen in a long time. They'll probably throw in tons of blatant references to Trump.

Except the 80s had tons and tons of original movies. There were only a small handful of remakes and most of them were done by talented, passionate directors who didn't want to just redo the original film.

Do they put out shit like this to just launder money? Most of the time these things tend to flop or barely make their budget back.

It could be money laundering but the Sony emails showed that Hollywood is full of incompetent retards so it could be the Escape from New York prequel is simply a byproduct of stupidity. Either way, Hollywood needs to burn.

No Russell, no laundry

Yeah, you can't replace Kurt Russell.

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

>>Globally, one in every seventy five human begins is now either a refugee, internally displaced, or seeking asylum

So we're making a movie that has the same setting as "The Water Knife" with the rich living in comfort and wonder while the poor die from climate change and it's effects?

I kinda like that

>>poor refugees everywhere

Thanks to nobody giving a fuck about the world we are pretty much guaranteed a world full of refugees in the future m8

>poor refugees everywhere

these women in these barely functioning societies need to stop having 6 kids each, end of problem

>Dan Stevens
Loved him in The Guest but I don't know if he could pull off Snake's grittiness.
>Jon Bernthal
The best choice of the three. Although no one can replace Kurt.
>Charlie Hunnam
Fuck that, he's not a bad actor but he would be a terrible Snake.

It's not just going to be third world countries.

Where are Texans and other southwesterners gonna go when the drought is decades in? When half of Jersey is underwater where will those guinea fucks go?

Every country is going to get fucked from climate changes, and the few places that don't get fucked are going to buckle under the pressure of the now refugeeized populations of their own countries

Yea right bro, snake will end up being a strong black woman.

Call it Escape from the Audience.

I would've rather had Escape from Detroit. It's about a guy whose car breaks down in Detroit.

I'll need 4 million dollars in funding though.

I just want to know how the fuck he got out if Cleveland.

Poor Fresno Bob.

Bait, the 80s had a ton of unnecessary sequels but it also had tons of original films and there were only a few remakes. Hollywood's golden age was the 70s-80s.

Bernthal would be amazing, but he could only play Snake straight. Kurt's genius is that he's over-the-top without letting you know he's being over-the-top.

kek

>>Carpenter will serve as an executive producer
Doesn't really matter, Carpenter was a full blown producer on The Fog (2005) and all he did was show up on set once to say hi to the cast and crew. The man lost his passion for filmmaking while making Ghosts of Mars, nowadays he cares more about music and video games.

the new planet of the apes movies aren't in canon with the originals at all though.
Sometimes I feel like the only person who actually watched all PotA movies but that can't be right, they were extremely mainstream back in the day, what the fuck is going on?

Reminds me of that gif "breakdown in Detroit"

I'm also deeply confused by this. The Planet of the Apes reboot continuity doesn't match up at all with the continuity of the original films. Plus it's very clear that one of the next films is gonna take a lot from the original Planet of the Apes and we'll see human astronauts land on Earth years after apes have completely taken over.

if the mary sue is white she better get blacked

What? I'm sure the main female characters in the Escape from New York prequel will be shit but I don't see how they would be able to make one of them into a Mary Sue. Snake has always been the main star of the Escape films, they would have to be retarded to put the main focus on some character no one knows or cares about.